Collapse
No announcement yet.

what do you think of Sugar Ray Leonard?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Was the behind the back KO a result of Jones' talent or Kelly's lack there of and reluctance? Probably both.

Comment

An all time great and a *****, all at the same time

I agree with both sides of the story.

just one thing duran had 70 or 80 fights before facing leonard and he was a natural (for 8 years...) lightweight, i think the fact that ppl think that srl was brave to go toe to toe with duran gives more credit to duran than to srl

Comment

I think he lost the hagler fight.

Comment

i'm a hagler fan, so i really wanted him to beat SRL, for a long time i hated Ray Leonard ( i don't think i do anymore ), he's an arrogant mofo but as a fighter he's something special, on one of the very few worthy to call themsleves "Sugar" like the real Sugar - Ray Robinson

Comment

how anyone could watch leonard/duran I and not like ray leonard is beyond me. one of the greatest fights ever, and i scored it a draw

Comment

To me he is THE greatest fighter that ever lived. He had unbelievable skills and I don't think anyone has had to fight and beat guys of the calibre that he did to get to the top.

Comment

He ranks in top ten greatest of all time.

Comment

Third greatest of all time, right behind Ray Robinson and Muhammad Ali.

His career was close to perfect. The only dodgy points were the draw with Hearns and the comebacks against Terry Norris and HEctor Camacho.

Everything else was marvellous, even the loss to Duran.

Black

Comment

Hagler is higher than SRL for me.

Comment

People can say whatever they want about Ray Leonard and many of those things are true, but the man was an all-time great,especially during the 77-82 phase of his career, where he was entering his prime.It would have been nice to see him fight some of the youngbloods(Curry,McCory,Starling,Young), but sometimes those things happen.

Comment

Working...
                      X