Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is the Worst Division in Boxing Today?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is the Worst Division in Boxing Today?

Which division has the worst fighters?

One of the lower ones I suppose, or the heavies

The middles are pretty ****, too

Comment

Heavy weights easy.

Comment

Super Middle for me,

At least the heavys have Wlad, Toney, Vitali, Peter.

Super Middleweights has Calzaghe and Kessler.

Comment

Originally posted by Technical_Skill View Post
          Super Middle for me,

At least the heavys have Wlad, Toney, Vitali, Peter.

Super Middleweights has Calzaghe and Kessler.
          I agree. Calzaghe is the best fighter there, but his resume is pathetic. And everyone says Kessler has fought nothing but bums, even though he's beaten 3 of the current top 5 in the division. That says a lot about the division right there...

Comment

defintly 1 of the lowers as far as worst divions go despite how bad many think the HW Div is the fact remains over 90% if the boxing public would rather spend 49.95 on a Hw fight then say 39.95 for two minimum weigth guys dukin it out!

Comment

Light Heavy is pretty dire. All the champs are average boxers at best. Ive never even heard of the WBA champ, some guy from Croatia.

Comment

I don't know this is kind of a tough question, there were alot of bums in Tyson's heavyweight era, not to take anything away from him because he was still a pretty good boxer at one time. He had the speed and the power plus he knew how to dodge punches quite well and get into the pocket to land some uppercuts.

Comment

Light middleweight is probably the weakest, since De La Hoya is past his prime, Cory Spinks has moved up to middleweight, and Shane Mosely has gone down to welterweight.

Welterweight has a lot of good fighters such as Cotto, Judah, Mosely, Margarito, Clottey and Williams. Middleweight is great with Taylor, Pavlik, Sturm and Abraham. Super middleweight is fine with Kessler, Calzaghe, Mundine, Froch, Lacy and now Miranda. Light welter is not bad with Witter, Hatton, Harris, M'Baye, Malignaggi and N'Dou, and will be better if Diaz moves up.

Heavyweight has gotten a lot better the last couple of years. Good fighters include Peter, Wlad, Maskaev, Brewster, Chagaev, Povetkin and now Hayes. I don't know enough about the smaller weight divisions below featherweight to have an opinion, but they seem to be okay.

Comment

Originally posted by Randall_Hopkirk View Post
                    Light Heavy is pretty dire. All the champs are average boxers at best. Ive never even heard of the WBA champ, some guy from Croatia.
                    U serious?

Dawson, Johnson, Hopkins, Tarver, Jones.

Comment

Working...
                    X