No announcement yet.

I've Been Studying Golovkin/Jacobs

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sadiqkingofko View Post
    I'm starting to get worried as a Golovkin fan, at first I thought that it's going to be an easy KO for Golovkin considering Pirog easily KO'ed Jacobs, but I was watching a bunch of Jacobs fights including the Pirog fight, Jacobs was winning and in control prior to the premature stoppage, he has a good jab, he's very quick, and has night ending power, he's currently riding a KO streak of him own at 12 in a row, and I always thought that Golovkin could out box for 12 rounds like he did Lemieux, but Jacobs has a bigger reach and is taller than Lemiuex, so this could be a dangerous fight, and we get Canelo/Jacobs on Sep 16 instead of Canelo/Golovkin

Jacobs was far far far from "in control" vs Pirog.

Comment

Originally posted by Scary View Post
      But can you see GGG being KO'd though?
      Absolutely. GGG is a man not a machine, anyone can get KO'd. Jacobs is a big puncher, fast hands and very explosive. GGG better be careful so he doesn't walk into something he won't see coming.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray* View Post
        Wasn't your fortune-teller predicting a Jacobs win?
        I want to see that fight JUST to find out if the old lady was right. I mean, if Jacobs call pull off an upset, Sadiqkingofko would have this whole forum sending him $$$ to pay that old hag for her next prediction, and he might take some of his own percentage as well, saying the next prediction costs not 100$, but 125$, and we won't be even mad because we still can make some good money off bets, God bless that lady, imagine that
        Last edited by g27region; 03-16-2017, 05:38 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by //// View Post
          premature stoppage ahaha
          Pirog dominated him and koed him, nearly had him down in the 2nd and seemed to hurt him numerous times., got no idea what the TS is seeing.

Comment

Originally posted by Reloaded View Post
            Pirog dominated him and koed him, nearly had him down in the 2nd and seemed to hurt him numerous times., got no idea what the TS is seeing.
            The ref pushed Jacobs down at the count of 5

Comment

Originally posted by VatoMulatto View Post
              Absolutely. GGG is a man not a machine, anyone can get KO'd. Jacobs is a big puncher, fast hands and very explosive. GGG better be careful so he doesn't walk into something he won't see coming.
              So let me ask another way, what is your reason for thinking there's a chance that GGG will get KO'd. I mean I know he is hittable, but as far as I know, he has never been down in more than 400 fights, pro or amateur - He has shown a superb chin so far, I see absolutely no tells that he will get KO'd unless he suddenly got old. Lemeux couldn't even hurt him and on paper he is just as a dangerous fighter.

I just don't see any tells that could refer to GGG being KO'd, even if he gets caught cold.

Comment

Yes definitely Pirog schooled Jacobs before the knockout. Jacobs has improved since then. If he comes out flailing like he did with Quillin and doesn't catch Golovkin with something, Golovkin will go into methodical beat down mode. Golovkin loves the sport and is looking forward to fighting Jacobs because he respects his skill set. Should be an entertaining fight and may the best man win.

Comment

Originally posted by g27region View Post
                  I want to see that fight JUST to find out if the old lady was right. I mean, if Jacobs call pull off an upset, Sadiqkingofko would have this whole forum sending him $$$ to pay that old hag for her next prediction, and he might take some of his own percentage as well, saying the next prediction costs not 100$, but 125$, and we won't be even mad because we still can make some good money off bets, God bless that lady, imagine that
                  I would be one of the people sending him my hard earn cash for the next prediction.

Comment

Originally posted by Scary View Post
                    So let me ask another way, what is your reason for thinking there's a chance that GGG will get KO'd. I mean I know he is hittable, but as far as I know, he has never been down in more than 400 fights, pro or amateur - He has shown a superb chin so far, I see absolutely no tells that he will get KO'd unless he suddenly got old. Lemeux couldn't even hurt him and on paper he is just as a dangerous fighter.

I just don't see any tells that could refer to GGG being KO'd, even if he gets caught cold.
                    GGG completely neutralized Lemieux's offense, he gave Lemieux a boxing lesson and he took away his big weapon - the hook. Lemieux never hit him with any real dangerous punches. I'm not saying Jacobs will win (I pick GGG) but it's crazy to write him off and think Jacobs doesn't have a shot to knock him out. If GGG gets careless and Jacobs start catching him with punches he doesn't see coming, GGG will be in all kinds of trouble and that's what I believe is Jacobs best chance to score an upset.
                    Last edited by VatoMulatto; 03-16-2017, 07:02 AM.

Comment

Jacobs was not in control of that fight and he wasn't winning or at least shouldn't have been based on what I saw. Second, when a fighter gets knocked down and lays flat on his back with his eyes closed, the referee is likely to stop the fight. Jacobs made no attempt to show that he was okay until the referee called off the fight and I'm not sure what he was thinking.

Comment

Working...
                      X