Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I knew Ward would win a close decision this week when...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I thought Sergey did an excellent job in the first half tying Ward up and holding when Ward got inside. Good body work by Ward as it showed the second half of the fight as Kovalev looked a bit tired. Great jabs by both fighters. Looking forward to the rematch

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
      ...Duva announced there was a rematch clause for this fight if Ward won but not if Kovalev won. The fight sold well at the arena. Judging by the non boxing ppl I follow on twitter a lot of them were talking about the fight so the PPV should do good numbers. To much money left on the floor with a Kovalev win. And if he wins Stevenson isn't fighting him so he's stuck fighting IBF mando's. Once Vegas saw the revenue being made from this fight they wanted another one. Kovalev vs. Ward cinco de mayo weekend 2017. Canelo is wasting that date anyway.

For the record it was a close fight but I'm a firm believer in taking it from the champ. Ward adjusted in the second half and did great but I just don't think he did enough to take it from the champ. If this was a non-title fight I can see him getting the decision but you gotta take it from the champ in my book.
      He also scored a KD, he also outlanded Ward, besides being the champion.

Such a shame, but what you say is true, they robbed Kovalev. Man I feel sad for him. In the rematch they are obviously gonna rob Kovalev again if the fight is close. Ward is more business, America needs a new boxing star now that Floyd is retired.

It was obvious.

Comment

Working...
      X