No announcement yet.

Carl Froch couldn't wash Joe Calzaghes Boxers

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WESS View Post
    I didn't say proud. You said exactly what I said but in different words. You could see that when the ref called the fight Joe looked disappointed. It was a fight to get his name out there. He used the many terms about Manfredo to hype the fight. It was just to get his name out there. I never mentioned if he was proud or not. Of course it was for a pay day. Same thing Mayweather dose but gets **** for it right???? Its always for a payday but when its Mayweather that's a different story.

Manfredo was a stepping stone to get Joe's name out there. Peter was an American TV show "star" nothing more nothing less. All I was saying was Peter was an exposure fight. I never said he was proud of it.
    I thought Lacy was an exposure fight...Did that not get Joe's name on th emap here in the States? I mean i did not know who Calzaghe was until I saw that fight. Besdes I still think Froch couldn't wash Joe's boxer shorts anyways....Lefty

Comment

Originally posted by LEFTYGUNZZ View Post
      I thought Lacy was an exposure fight...Did that not get Joe's name on th emap here in the States? I mean i did not know who Calzaghe was until I saw that fight. Besdes I still think Froch couldn't wash Joe's boxer shorts anyways....Lefty

Nobody did prior to the Lacey fight. Nobody gave Joe a chance in that fight because they assumed he was just another European bum so WHY would they?

Lacey was the never has been. He was overly hyped by most all. Point is even after that fight Joe was a nobody. The Manfredo fight was supposed to be the second coming exposure fight due to a "TV STAR". Didn't work. He was horribly laughed at by most everyone I knew including me. He didn't get any exposure stateside until Hopkins bad mouthed him. He was laughed at even more once he "beat" an old man.

Over all point Joe still slaps the idiot Froch all around the ring just as Dirrell did minus the running around. Dirrell boxed and moved. Remember the whole hit and dont get hit? That's what Dirrell was doing. Froch got frustrated and resulted into dirty tactics. Plain and simple. But yes Froch is a complete bum and Joe would slap him around for 12 rounds. I would beat that Jones Jr who was just destroyed by Green would beat Froch. He's too limited and very open.

Comment

Calzaghe would give Jones fits in any era
        And give me a fcuking break ..if anybody got laughed at in the Hopkins v Calzaghe fight it was Hopkins...it was Hopkins that was reduced to racist comments...,holding and hugging,spoiling throughout the fight ...and when hopkins the tough ex-con was crawling around on all fours begging/ cheating and asking the ref to take away points for fake low blows ...me as a boxing fan found that cringe worthy to watch !
        He new calzaghe was to good for him...he just didnt want calslappy looking good beating him

Comment

Originally posted by Mrpedigree View Post
          Calzaghe would give Jones fits in any era
          And give me a fcuking break ..if anybody got laughed at in the Hopkins v Calzaghe fight it was Hopkins...it was Hopkins that was reduced to racist comments...,holding and hugging,spoiling throughout the fight ...and when hopkins the tough ex-con was crawling around on all fours begging/ cheating and asking the ref to take away points for fake low blows ...me as a boxing fan found that cringe worthy to watch !
          He new calzaghe was to good for him...he just didnt want calslappy looking good beating him

I can understand that, if you're European. Most American viewers laugh horribly at his slapping pitty pat style. Dont get me wrong Hop looked bad because of what he said but you have got to be a complete dumb ass if you didn't think that was to SELL the fight...

Anywa back home in Wales I'm sure hes a legend and that's good for him. In America he's a joke and as Mayweather, he will never get credit....

As far as Calzaghe giving Jones a "fit" in any era, Yes that's possible but IMO Joe wouldn't handle Jones with prime legs. Jones beats him any day of the week prior to 2004. Its after that for obvious reasons he couldn't/didn't cut it... There are threads where Joe has stated the same thing. But he's retired so who cares. Most probably don't even know who the hell where even talking about. He was so 2 years ago.... lol

Comment

Originally posted by WESS View Post
            I can understand that, if you're European. Most American viewers laugh horribly at his slapping pitty pat style. Dont get me wrong Hop looked bad because of what he said but you have got to be a complete dumb ass if you didn't think that was to SELL the fight...

Anywa back home in Wales I'm sure hes a legend and that's good for him. In America he's a joke and as Mayweather, he will never get credit....

As far as Calzaghe giving Jones a "fit" in any era, Yes that's possible but IMO Joe wouldn't handle Jones with prime legs. Jones beats him any day of the week prior to 2004. Its after that for obvious reasons he couldn't/didn't cut it... There are threads where Joe has stated the same thing. But he's retired so who cares. Most probably don't even know who the hell where even talking about. He was so 2 years ago.... lol
            I had to bring this back hind site is 20-20 i am not so sure about Calslappy and Froch......

Comment

I had to bring this back hind site is 20-20 i am not so sure about Calslappy and Froch......
              Styles make fights. Froch can be outboxed, even Groves did it, and so did Taylor, Kessler and Dirrell. Froch would find it hard to hit Cal and Calzaghe was not someone that is easily KO'd.

Comment

So you admit it's kind off a toss up now?

Comment

Styles make fights, calzaghe ud froch, always felt like he did even when i hated calzaghe.

Comment

Originally posted by Unseen View Post
                    Styles make fights. Froch can be outboxed, even Groves did it, and so did Taylor, Kessler and Dirrell. Froch would find it hard to hit Cal and Calzaghe was not someone that is easily KO'd.
                    Originally posted by StudentOfDaGame View Post
                    So you admit it's kind off a toss up now?
                    I agree with the bolded above. I just think that after the Super 6 tournamnet I gained a lot more respect for Froch.

Comment

• Oh yeah definitely, Super 6 done a lot for the SMW division in general. Would love to have seen Calzaghe vs Froch both in their primes. As one was peaking the other was just starting off.

Comment

Working...
                      X