Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can Canelo beat Lemieux and Curtis Stevens at 160?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TBH, they both beat the **** out of that coward. He is pulling the old Chavez Jr trick, kill to make weight to have size advantage come fight night. When he steps up to fight in his true weight, he wont be special anymore, he will just another Cotto, good fighter but cant hang with the elite. He will get bullied and broken, he was no heart, no balls, he will quit a few times.

Comment

Smh you guys are ridiculous. He beats both of those "world beaters" rather easily.

Comment

He would beat Stevens rather easily. Lemieux would light him up, on the other hand. Lemieux was neutralized by GGG with a jab, something Canelo doesn't have. Lemieux has quicker feet than Canelo as well.

Comment

Not sure...

Would love to see it.... Canelo has never faced a big puncher before,, floyd, Lara, trout, khan aren't big punchers, and angulo and kirkland were shot and got blown out of the water early and never really tested canelo.... Stevens and lemuiex both would be interesting challenges to canelo due to size and power.. Canelo has never faced that before

Comment

Originally posted by bigtyivier2k2 View Post
            These would be great fights at 160.
            These two guys shouldn't even be mentioned as possible opponents for Alvarez. If he is going to stay at 155, he should fight Golovkin or Jacobs (not on PPV). If he decides to fight at 154, he should fight one of the Charlo brothers (again, not on PPV).

Unfortunately, in his next fight, Alvarez is going to pull a (Deontay) Wilder and fight the weakest opponent he can find while claiming that he wants to fight the best.

Comment

I think he would beat them but it wouldn't be easy. The risk is too much so Oscar wouldn't make those fights, maybe Stevens but definitely not Lemieux.

Comment

Canelo has to be one of the most overrated boxer of this generation. He doesnt even have a basic jab and misses too many of his right hands. Lemeuix knocks him out cold. Stevens I guess Canelo would edge it on points thanks to the golden boy judges corporation.

Comment

Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
                  Not sure...

Would love to see it.... Canelo has never faced a big puncher before,, floyd, Lara, trout, khan aren't big punchers, and angulo and kirkland were shot and got blown out of the water early and never really tested canelo.... Stevens and lemuiex both would be interesting challenges to canelo due to size and power.. Canelo has never faced that before
                  Angulo can crack, even Andre Ward said Angulo punches hard.

Comment

Lol Curtis Stevens. Cmon now stop trying to big these guys up for golovkin. Peter quillin beats both of them

Comment

Originally posted by boliodogs View Post
                      They would be excellent fights and I think Canelo would win both fights by KO in hard fought wars. Lemieux is better than Stevens and hits harder. Canelo would have a harder time beating Lemieux than he would beating Stevens in my opinion. Why Canelo won't fight at 160 is a mystery to me.

they're keeping up the mirage that he's a smaller guy to hang on to the MW championship and defend it against smaller guys.

Comment

Working...
                      X