Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is this the biggest hype job in history?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kball15 View Post
    Its getting a lot press but its 100% Negative press. Im pretty sure ARUM would want to avoid press like this at ALL costs
    No such thing as negative press, all press is good press.

Comment

If it is, they sure are doing a great job of fooling everyone.

Comment

This **** is ******ed. Just make the fucking fight happen. Fuck all this bull****.

I agree with the TS in that it sounds like a "Soap Opera."

Comment

Arum doesn't care about his fighter's image. Arum cares about his pockets. Any press is good press... negative or not it's getting more and more attention each day. People who normally wouldn't have paid attention to this fight are having it shoved in their face by all these different media outlets. Who needs a promotion tour when each detail of the negotiations is being spread like wildfire by the media?

Comment

I don't even know anymore, this crap is ridiculous now. I have defended Pac against these accusations but I don't know anymore....just take a blood test now to quiet the naysayers it is the easiest thing to do.

Comment

I've been kinda thinking this to all this **** is turning into a circus, especially after i heard they wanted to fight paulie a guy who is very outspoken on what he thinks about pac. I don't think arum is this stupid. pre-fight hype, or is arum turning into a old jack ass? Guess well see.

Comment

If this is all hype, then they're doing the famous quote "Bad publicity is still good publicity".

Best thing to do is wait till January.

Comment

Originally posted by rommel357 View Post
                  If this is a hype job, then it's a bad one. Because it really tarnished Manny's image regardless if you're a fan or not. Being a big Manny fan, i will support whatever his decision is, but i can't deny the fact that this made him look bad and i wish that he would've just taken the test even though i don't agree with it as well.
                  I would look at it deeper. Its a brilliant job, IF Pacquiao tests will come clean, when and where a blood test is done fairly. Then the ball is back in Mayweather/GBP side. Thus the good versus bad ballgame is even greater. That's hype written all over.

If Pacquiao's test comes out positive, the chance the fight WILL NOT push through is enhanced. So everybody has more to lose with a positive reading. Its not a question of Pacquiao refusing a blood test, its a question of timing. Which is a lot of baloney right now, all hype. Great marketing ploy.

Comment

and why use Malignaggi as a fall back option? Because it also adds up to the hype. Malignaggi has been using the same steroid tactic as Mayweather. And it is working. Malignaggi wouldnt be given a rat's ass chance of being the next option if he didnt use the same tactic. It adds to the confusion, which equals hype.

Arum has been using hype, all the drama trimmings in past Pacquiao fights. The Cotto fight, for example, that Pacquaio's camp had to be distracted so many times. Its part of the ballgame.

Comment

This **** is driving me nuts I can tell you that much.

I would rather Manny retire then watch him hand Paulie another payday.

If this really is all hype, they sure are pushing it for all its worth.

Comment

Working...
                      X