Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who's The More Protected Fighter, Alvarez or Golovkin?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by littlemac View Post
    Clearly Golovkin. I gained a lot of respect for Canelo when he ended up fighting Lara. Everyone in the boxing community couldn't figure out why Canelo would fight such a dangerous fight that yield very little reward.

Mad props for Canelo for taking a fight for pride and nothing else while risking pretty much everything. Golovkin has less to lose and still wouldn't challenge himself unless forced like fighting Danny.

"Why was Lara picked for Canelo?"---Roach
    http://www.boxingnews24.com/2014/07/roach-why-was-lara-picked-for-canelo/
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wv9MRe020yI
    lol holy ****

Comment

Originally posted by Ce1ska View Post
      Oscar didn't want him fighting Lara, he was trying to protect him but Canelo through a fit so he gave in.
      OK, he threw a fit because he wants to prove himself...so how is that being protected? Ultimately canelo will fight who he wants to.

Comment

i love how the poll backfired

Comment

Originally posted by Metho_4u View Post
          OK, he threw a fit because he wants to prove himself...so how is that being protected? Ultimately canelo will fight who he wants to.
          Props to Canelo for taking the fight, he didn't have to but he did. My point it Oscar was trying to protect him but ultimately Canelo forced the fight. Ever since that night they've been a bit more selective.

Ultimately canelo will fight who he wants to.
          Not really, he said he was ready to fight GGG last year but Oscar said it wouldn't happen until September 2017. I think if it were up to Canelo we would have gotten much more competitive fights than Khan and Smith.

Comment

Props to Canelo for taking the fight, he didn't have to but he did. My point it Oscar was trying to protect him but ultimately Canelo forced the fight. Ever since that night they've been a bit more selective.

Not really, he said he was ready to fight GGG last year but Oscar said it wouldn't happen until September 2017. I think if it were up to Canelo we would have gotten much more competitive fights than Khan and Smith.
            I don't excuse khan an d smith, so that's fine, as long as people don't excuse golovkin fighting brook, Wade, Rubio, etc, etc.

The fact that Golovkin had such an extended amateur career is plenty of reason for criticism. For instance, his last lost was against Dirrell in the amateurs, he has yet to fight ONE fighter on Dirrell's level in the pros.

Comment

Who forced him to fight Jacobs?
              The WBA...

Comment

Originally posted by b00g13man View Post
                The WBA...
                LOL very true

Comment

Originally posted by Mammoth View Post
                  Black fighters are the best
                  Lmao good grief man

Comment

Originally posted by Mirko Troll Cop View Post
                    Alvarez wasn't allowed any catch even at 159 per the WBC. Suleiman was firm at 160. How come Golovkin didn't want to scrap it below 160 but for Floyd or Pac no problem?

''Alvarez...he too big...disrespect to boxing..'' - ggg
                    When it mattered, Canelo vacated the WBC rather than face GGG yet we are to believe that Canelo wants to fight him later? Lets face it GGG wants to Unify at 160 and the only other person to fight is BJS then either move up or stay and try to break Hopkins defense record.

Comment

Do you realize Robert Guerrero landed more than canelo against Floyd? The ginger is a joke

Comment

Working...
                      X