Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If ortiz got up, we wouldn't even be having this conversation.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If ortiz got up, we wouldn't even be having this conversation.

The punch was legal, but it was a sucker punch. Don't walk in pretending like you're going to hug then throw a combo, not when people paid money to watch you. Either way, not the point.

If ortiz gets up there, we'd be talking about how "Ortiz intentially headbutt him, then he came back and clocked Ortiz... etc etc"

It'd have been good fun/drama, and a little dirty play, but because ortiz got KO'd and it ended the fight, i think the paying consumer is a little butt-hurt

I know i am

I'm tired of bickering, lets say 3 showed poor class. Floyd was legal though regardless and did what he had to do.
    Last edited by Unknown Champ; 09-20-2011, 12:21 AM.

Comment

I was shocked that he stayed down, that whole debacle and the aftermath looked like straight WWE scripted.

Comment

At the end of the day, one was legal, the other was illegal. One started it, the other finished it.

Comment

Originally posted by The_Sandman View Post
          At the end of the day, one was legal, the other was illegal. One started it, the other finished it.
          Says the guy with Bhop in his avatar

*lol, you're right, but i did have to point that out*

Comment

man i don't know if ortiz would have recovered if he had 5 minutes. lol dude was on queer street. . . minutes after the fight when mayweather went to go talk to him, he tried to get up and he couldn't even stand up, he fell back on his stool. . . that last straight right was a SHOT, booyyyyyy. . .

if ortiz didn't try to headbutt floyd, i'd probably say that it was messed up and it was a tainted victory (even though he was dominating the fight completely). . . but ortiz brought it on himself! just desserts. . . if floyd had headbutted ortiz, and it was in reverse, everybody would be saying "floyd got what he deserved"!

Comment

Yea but he didn't get up though, he got knocked the fu(k out. He tried to get dirty with the master & the master got real dirty. Left his punk ass KOd.

Comment

If the KO would've came in the 10th, instead of the 4th, I would've been satisfied. The fight ending when it did is what soured the fight.

The 4th round was the best of the fight. Floyd opened up early with combos (he usually waits until it's safe) and Ortiz himself had his best round of the fight.

If the same would've happened after 8,9,10 one-sided rounds and the writing was on the wall, I doubt the amount of unsatisfied people would be the same.

Comment

Floyd wins by wide decision: Ortiz was overrated, ortiz was coward cherrypick
                  Floyd wins by close decision: fight was fixed, NSAC is bias for Floyd
                  Floyd wins by KO: Ortiz is quitter, fight was fixed.

Comment

Originally posted by DIB420 View Post
                    The punch was legal, but it was a sucker punch. Don't walk in pretending like you're going to hug then throw a combo, not when people paid money to watch you. Either way, not the point.

If ortiz gets up there, we'd be talking about how "Ortiz intentially headbutt him, then he came back and clocked Ortiz... etc etc"

It'd have been good fun/drama, and a little dirty play, but because ortiz got KO'd and it ended the fight, i think the paying consumer is a little butt-hurt

I know i am
                    He wasn't faking a hug. He had his hands up ready to fight unlike ortiz.

Comment

Working...
                    X