Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Amir Khan continues to receive homecooking.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BattlingNelson View Post
    McCloskey was not a beaten fighter. It's unlikely that he'd have won for sure, but he wasn't at the end of his powers.
    I agree, he wasn't a 'beaten' fighter as such. But he had shown nothing in the first six rounds to make the ref or doc give him the benefit of the doubt, i'm sure they would've been more likely to let it carry on had he been throwing a punch here or there, but he made pretty much no attempt to mount an attack of his own.

Although, I do agree, the cut was pathetic and not one that should be considered fight ending, but I'm just glad the fights over. We all knew it was a crap match up, it was a crap fight, now hopefully we get a meaningful match up!

Comment

The fact is McKloskey threw little punches and lack of drive, i think if he had put his heart into the fight they wud have let him carry on

he lost 6 rounds, threw 10 punches, he was struggling with khans speed and didnt look like he wanted to be in there

his trainer seemed to kick up a fuss where as McKloskey seemed like he simply didnt give a ****

Comment

Originally posted by FrankieBruno View Post
        The fact is McKloskey threw little punches and lack of drive, i think if he had put his heart into the fight they wud have let him carry on

he lost 6 rounds, threw 10 punches, he was struggling with khans speed and didnt look like he wanted to be in there

his trainer seemed to kick up a fuss where as McKloskey seemed like he simply didnt give a ****
        Oh well he did hit Khan a couple of times and the fight was only at the half way point.

Comment

Originally posted by T-97 View Post
          I agree, he wasn't a 'beaten' fighter as such. But he had shown nothing in the first six rounds to make the ref or doc give him the benefit of the doubt, i'm sure they would've been more likely to let it carry on had he been throwing a punch here or there, but he made pretty much no attempt to mount an attack of his own.

Although, I do agree, the cut was pathetic and not one that should be considered fight ending, but I'm just glad the fights over. We all knew it was a crap match up, it was a crap fight, now hopefully we get a meaningful match up!
          Everybody knew beforehand that it was not a competitive match-up. Still the fight was made and McCloskey should be allowed to walk the line. This was a world championship.

Otherwise they should have stopped it before the referees instructions.

Comment

Originally posted by BattlingNelson View Post
            Everybody knew beforehand that it was not a competitive match-up. Still the fight was made and McCloskey should be allowed to walk the line. This was a world championship.

Otherwise they should have stopped it before the referees instructions.
            I know, I just mean that he hadn't shown anything to make anyone think he stood a chance. The very few shots he landed had so little power on that even Khan laughed at them, and he clearly didn't have the technical ability to box with Amir - he was focused 99% on not being knocked out by Khans shots, IMO.

I'm just annoyed that we were robbed of a decent ending, it was a bad matchup, but at least we could've got a good ending! A nice KO would've been good...

Comment

I know, I just mean that he hadn't shown anything to make anyone think he stood a chance. The very few shots he landed had so little power on that even Khan laughed at them, and he clearly didn't have the technical ability to box with Amir - he was focused 99% on not being knocked out by Khans shots, IMO.

I'm just annoyed that we were robbed of a decent ending, it was a bad matchup, but at least we could've got a good ending! A nice KO would've been good...
              I agree with this.

I don't like the apparent continuos homecooking though.

Comment

Originally posted by Fix View Post
                nah nothing compared to ward, bute or hatton.. cant believe hatton wasnt dq'd for hugging kostya that much.. he didnt even get one point deducted.. now that was home cooking! this was a bad stoppage but all it did was save mccloskey a beating and khan the extra exercise.
                The worst Hatton save was when he fought Juan Urango and was out on his feet and the ref broke up the action to pretend to tie Hattons laces... was ridiculous

Comment

Originally posted by Roye'l View Post
                  The worst Hatton save was when he fought Juan Urango and was out on his feet and the ref broke up the action to pretend to tie Hattons laces... was ridiculous
                  Lazcano, actually. And they didn't pretend, his boots clearly had came undone.

Comment

So it's all a conspiracy,

The stoppage was harsh, they should have let the fight continue but they didn't. What would have happened after the sixth round are mere opinions. IMO, Amir would keep on outworking Paul and cruise towards 12-0 scorecards.

Fact: The fight lasted 6 rounds and Amir won every single round.

Comment

Lazcano, actually. And they didn't pretend, his boots clearly had came undone.
                      Ha! I had forgotten that episode. That was just horrendous.

Comment

Working...
                      X