No announcement yet.

Do people buy the AJ-Miller “beef”?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NearHypnos View Post
    Welcome to modern HW boxing. Nice of you to join us.

There doesn’t seem to be a beef at all..as far as AJ is concerned. I’m glad Miller has the awareness to try and make a push for himself though. It’s an interesting matchup if only because it gets the division moving at least for Miller and at least creates further separation. Aj is doing the right thing and fighting someone new who’s seen as a potential contender/someone who’s been calling for their shot a while.

Everyone at the upper level has to get their shot at some point...not the fight we wanted but it’s a fight that matter for the division. I can live with it and I like miller tbh....so I’m biased
    There’s definitely beef (probably manufactured) on AJ’s side, he’s usually very respectful and tries to build his opponent up but he’s actively insulting Miller calling him a “little b*tch” and making juvenile mum jokes. I think AJ has been advised this is how he should sell a fight in the US but it just looks so unnatural and corny.

Miller is not deserving of a shot whatsoever, beating a 41 yr old former Light Heavyweight and Bogdan Dinu doesn’t make you a legitimate contender.

Comment

Originally posted by 4truth View Post
      Staged maybe just a little...

Watch how Joshua puts his hands behind his back and the huge security guy is perfectly placed to catch him. Totally staged BS.

Comment

nah it wasn't staged, however Miller is playing it up to get some attention from the media.

If it's his chance to make money so be it.

Comment

I am not sure. It's probably staged but Miller seems like a rude bully so maybe he is trying to intimidate AJ which will never work of course.

Comment

Originally posted by alexguiness View Post
            Watch how Joshua puts his hands behind his back and the huge security guy is perfectly placed to catch him. Totally staged BS.

LOL

Comment

It's hilarious how many people here think "beefs" like this are real. This has $$$$$ written all over it. Brits crave seeing their guy beat the loud mouth American. This is a trash fight but I bet it gets a ton of views in the UK.
              I hope it does well in the US too, though I don't think many Americans care.

Comment

Originally posted by alexguiness View Post
                He even takes the perfect side-step. The guy obviously knew it was coming and anyone who says otherwise is either in denial or is just reeeeaaaallly gullible.

Comment

I think AJ really doesn't like him it's not real from Miller part he is just selling the figh

Comment

I will be honest with you. I have flexed my knowledge of history all over this forum, I don't think there's any regulars who have yet to recognize I know quite a lot of history regardless of if they like me or not.

I take everything with a grain of salt. a lot of boxing history is more like WWE **** than sport. Boxing invented WWE style act-fighting and everything that would logically come with that.

Faking fights is ancient. I could tell you of an ancient champion who simply purchased his way through Olympia. When it is history we learn all about the fixes and faked fights. When it was happening fans were clueless. It is arrogant to believe now is the first time in history boxing is a pure sport. It is an entertainment sport. Ancient times saw WWE ****. Bare knuckle was full of WWE **** and even wrote books on how to best doop your crowd of marks. Mafia times, WWE ****.

I say the corruption and plays come in new flavors but never actually leave the sport. Just like cheating and/or promoting itself WWE **** is apart of boxing.

Daniel Mendoza can probably take the biggest part of that. Him and Cribb made it acceptable back in like the 18-teens.

I could go on but I don't think anyone cares.

Edit- I noticed I was ramblin' and cut myself off. This was meant to end with while I don't 100% believe anything in present boxing I play along like I do because there's not much gain, as a fan, from not being a mark.
                    Last edited by Marchegiano; 02-21-2019, 10:04 PM.

Comment

Anything could be staged of course, and unfortunately it sucks more when they’re in house fighters since it’s not impossible for a promoter to tell his fighters what they must do for the sake of the promotional company, and to convince the fighters of the greater pay. We saw a lot of shilling form Top Rank guys saying weird stuff from the likes of Bradley or Vargas.

Mayorga and Mosley staged things of course. Mosley told Mayorga to slap his girl’s ass to help sell PPV and to also smoke in his face. Mayorga wasn’t paid for the ass slap and he went online to tell people that he was told to do it. Mosley never denied it.

Comment

Working...
                      X