Boxing Forum
Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Boxing History

Old 02-17-2019, 11:29 AM #51
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 2761 Post(s)
billeau2 has a reputation beyond reputebilleau2 has a reputation beyond reputebilleau2 has a reputation beyond reputebilleau2 has a reputation beyond reputebilleau2 has a reputation beyond reputebilleau2 has a reputation beyond reputebilleau2 has a reputation beyond reputebilleau2 has a reputation beyond reputebilleau2 has a reputation beyond reputebilleau2 has a reputation beyond reputebilleau2 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,121.55
Total Points: 53,943.00
Grade A explanation of punching technique. - - Ram Raid - Knowledgeable - -Weltschmerz- Happy holidays and best wishes for 2016 - -Weltschmerz- Lmao - -Scott-Weiland- 
Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - lparm 

Quote:
Originally Posted by QueensburyRules View Post
- -Only one loss late in his career and 16-0, 14 KOs in title fights, 17-1 if we count the IBO that dozens of top fighters have held with Barrera being one.

Lineal boys say he held that title before Barrera took it.

84% KO rate prob the highest of feathers and so on and so forth. Beats big dummy Bowes record by a long shot.

Coulda made 201 after retirement to squeegee around to beat Big Dummy as well. Better HOFer than him and will get in eventually once the HOF realizes the $$$ it makes for his inauguration.
That is a big one. He had elite power especially for a feather. Interesting how much he is a polarizing figure... About the only conclusion many would conclude reading this thread is that Naseem was a better fighter than driver! Lol.

Last edited by billeau2; 02-17-2019 at 11:31 AM.
billeau2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 02-18-2019, 10:00 PM #52

Quoted: 3896 Post(s)
OctoberRed has a reputation beyond reputeOctoberRed has a reputation beyond reputeOctoberRed has a reputation beyond reputeOctoberRed has a reputation beyond reputeOctoberRed has a reputation beyond reputeOctoberRed has a reputation beyond reputeOctoberRed has a reputation beyond reputeOctoberRed has a reputation beyond reputeOctoberRed has a reputation beyond reputeOctoberRed has a reputation beyond reputeOctoberRed has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 35,417.02
Long Overdue. For your contribution to NSB. - 1hourRun I concur - jazluvr 

Quote:
Originally Posted by billeau2 View Post
That is a big one. He had elite power especially for a feather. Interesting how much he is a polarizing figure... About the only conclusion many would conclude reading this thread is that Naseem was a better fighter than driver! Lol.
Almost everyone credits him with lower weight fighters being made purses over 7-figures.
OctoberRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2019, 12:28 AM #53
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 2761 Post(s)
billeau2 has a reputation beyond reputebilleau2 has a reputation beyond reputebilleau2 has a reputation beyond reputebilleau2 has a reputation beyond reputebilleau2 has a reputation beyond reputebilleau2 has a reputation beyond reputebilleau2 has a reputation beyond reputebilleau2 has a reputation beyond reputebilleau2 has a reputation beyond reputebilleau2 has a reputation beyond reputebilleau2 has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 53,943.00
Grade A explanation of punching technique. - - Ram Raid - Knowledgeable - -Weltschmerz- Happy holidays and best wishes for 2016 - -Weltschmerz- Lmao - -Scott-Weiland- 
Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - lparm 

Quote:
Originally Posted by OctoberRed View Post
Almost everyone credits him with lower weight fighters being made purses over 7-figures.
You know me October...i avoid the gate stuff but it does seem to me that when Mayweather was floundering as a heal, Naseem had the act down!
billeau2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2019, 08:48 PM #54
No More UK Stoppages

Quoted: 11130 Post(s)
ShoulderRoll has a reputation beyond reputeShoulderRoll has a reputation beyond reputeShoulderRoll has a reputation beyond reputeShoulderRoll has a reputation beyond reputeShoulderRoll has a reputation beyond reputeShoulderRoll has a reputation beyond reputeShoulderRoll has a reputation beyond reputeShoulderRoll has a reputation beyond reputeShoulderRoll has a reputation beyond reputeShoulderRoll has a reputation beyond reputeShoulderRoll has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 46,698.95
Total Points: 81,872.90
excellent posts mate - Alx. good post about Wlad being like Bute - RossCA To a good poster - ROSS CALIFORNIA To a good poster - ROSS CALIFORNIA brewed just 4 u - sugarsmosley 
valuable advice to training forum - jas Thanks for the green man,I should have won poster of the year,but the site is in denial.bitches huh ? - Scott-Weiland All in .&amp;w - BERNIE'S CORNER Phone spazzed on gift giving. Can't green ya but have this beer on me. All in good fun ! - BERNIE'S CORNER Easily one of the best posters on the forum - JK1700 
To wipe that ass lol - BigZ44 Good thread and comments - maracho A truce - lfc19titles A truce - lfc19titles 

Quote:
Originally Posted by OctoberRed View Post
Michael Carbajal and Chiquita Gonzalez both made 7 figures before he did.
ShoulderRoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2019, 07:26 PM #55
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 49 Post(s)
Mugwump has a reputation beyond reputeMugwump has a reputation beyond reputeMugwump has a reputation beyond reputeMugwump has a reputation beyond reputeMugwump has a reputation beyond reputeMugwump has a reputation beyond reputeMugwump has a reputation beyond reputeMugwump has a reputation beyond reputeMugwump has a reputation beyond reputeMugwump has a reputation beyond reputeMugwump has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,030.38
Total Points: 9,111.74

I agree entirely that the Hamed that "fought" Barrera was shot to pieces. Certainly not the Hamed from the Steve Robinson fight years earlier.

I'm generally not a fan of fighters who neglect their guard. Irrespective of how quick your reflexes are sooner or later you are going to get tagged. Especially at elite level.

That said, if any fighter ever made so much as a step toward making me a believer in such foolishness it would be Hamed. In his prime the kid was fast. Lightning fast. He was also freakishly agile and many a good fighter found that they couldn't lay a glove on him.

Hamed's greatest strength was also his biggest weakness. I'm struggling to recall anyone who has fought at that weight before or since who had thighs THICKER than his or who generated as much explosive power through their legs. In his prime Hamed's punches seemed to start two inches off the canvas and explode like an atomic weapon on his opponent's chin. There are fighters who have heavy hands. There are fighters with KO power. But Hamed could knock you into the hereafter.

But ... with so much driving force imparted from the legs if he missed Hamed tended to overbalance wildly and a clever fighter with quick hands and an aptitude for counter-punching could (if he kept his wits about him) exploit that brief moment - jujitsu style - when Hamed's positioning left him vulnerable. And you wouldn't need to be a heavy-hitter because just about *any* punch delivered at that key moment would put him down.

A lot of people have confused the above flaw in Hamed's style as a "weak chin". But I think this is completely false. Even at the end of his career when he was getting caught far more often I never sensed that Hamed was ever in the slightest danger of being KOd.

It's a pity that his resume is blotted by the Barrera fight. I mean, MAB fought a tactically superb bout and thoroughly deserved the win (even if it was closer than many would have us believe). However, anyone who saw Hamed fight five years earlier will know that the guy who entered the ring that night was a *SHADOW* of his former self. I'm not saying that in his prime he would have defeated MAB. But at the very least it would have been a far closer fight than what we were treated to.
Mugwump is offline   Reply With Quote

Share This With Friends

Tags
"special?", naseem, people

User Tag List