Boxing Forum
Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Non Stop Boxing

Old 02-12-2019, 02:42 PM #51
Interim Champion

Quoted: 364 Post(s)
Afi23 has a reputation beyond reputeAfi23 has a reputation beyond reputeAfi23 has a reputation beyond reputeAfi23 has a reputation beyond reputeAfi23 has a reputation beyond reputeAfi23 has a reputation beyond reputeAfi23 has a reputation beyond reputeAfi23 has a reputation beyond reputeAfi23 has a reputation beyond reputeAfi23 has a reputation beyond reputeAfi23 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,132.80
Total Points: 10,316.31

Quote:
Originally Posted by cork View Post
But Loma did say he wants to fight tank next. Right after the pedraza fight he ask who he wanted to fight and he said he wants to fight all the people who talks to much and was ask specifically about tank and he said yes.

I agree with you with the belt thing but most the people on here wants that fight because they want to see Davis lose. It's pretty much concensus that Davis lose this fight on here beside two or three fanatics.
That I can agree with. Though one well placed punch by Tank might change the whole. I wouldn't be surprised if Tank at 130lbs punches harder than Linares at 140lbs.

Loma would almost be better served fighting Tank at 130lbs than 135lbs, don't you think?
Afi23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 02-12-2019, 03:11 PM #52
Contender

Quoted: 90 Post(s)
Michael1437 has a spectacular aura aboutMichael1437 has a spectacular aura about
Bank: 1,072.32
Total Points: 7,451.99

It's a damn shame that boxing has turned into a money grab, rather than finding out who is the better fighter, I'm all about getting money for fighters, but at least don't come out and say that we can make more money fighting crappier fighters, makes the boxing audience feel like they aren't concerned about who's the best, like fans are, they just want to make money and say F the fans.
Michael1437 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2019, 03:38 PM #53
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 2688 Post(s)
Jubei has a reputation beyond reputeJubei has a reputation beyond reputeJubei has a reputation beyond reputeJubei has a reputation beyond reputeJubei has a reputation beyond reputeJubei has a reputation beyond reputeJubei has a reputation beyond reputeJubei has a reputation beyond reputeJubei has a reputation beyond reputeJubei has a reputation beyond reputeJubei has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,115.97
Total Points: 21,565.41
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year - Freedom. one of boxingscene's best - Freedom. 

Well now that the numbers came out and shown that the Showtime card with Tank headlining totally bombed I can only hope Showtime wont put up more mismatches like that and lose even more viewers. 400k? Wow this is embarrassing, good that the boxing fans out there dont support that garbage, to me it seems like Tank is only really relevant because of Loma. Same as Wilder was only relevant because of AJ but they got the 2nd most popular Heavyweight on board to build Wilder up, they dont have anyone out there for Tank and alone he cant draw flies to shit.

GGG did 1.3 Million vs Vanes and Tank doesnt even do 1 third of that and Ellerbe calls him the face of boxing, this is embarrassing.
Jubei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2019, 06:19 PM #54
Interim Champion

Quoted: 504 Post(s)
cork is a splendid one to beholdcork is a splendid one to beholdcork is a splendid one to beholdcork is a splendid one to beholdcork is a splendid one to beholdcork is a splendid one to beholdcork is a splendid one to beholdcork is a splendid one to behold
Bank: 1,127.16
Total Points: 10,482.15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Afi23 View Post
That I can agree with. Though one well placed punch by Tank might change the whole. I wouldn't be surprised if Tank at 130lbs punches harder than Linares at 140lbs.

Loma would almost be better served fighting Tank at 130lbs than 135lbs, don't you think?
Probably because I think tank is naturally biggest then Loma. Dude looks thick.

Yeah I know anything can happen in boxing but tank and his promoter knows he's have a good chance of catching that L if he fights Loma soon.

I'm not clamoring for the fight I just wished tank stop mentioning Loma though.
cork is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2019, 02:01 PM #55
Interim Champion

Quoted: 364 Post(s)
Afi23 has a reputation beyond reputeAfi23 has a reputation beyond reputeAfi23 has a reputation beyond reputeAfi23 has a reputation beyond reputeAfi23 has a reputation beyond reputeAfi23 has a reputation beyond reputeAfi23 has a reputation beyond reputeAfi23 has a reputation beyond reputeAfi23 has a reputation beyond reputeAfi23 has a reputation beyond reputeAfi23 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,132.80
Total Points: 10,316.31

Quote:
Originally Posted by cork View Post
Probably because I think tank is naturally biggest then Loma. Dude looks thick.

Yeah I know anything can happen in boxing but tank and his promoter knows he's have a good chance of catching that L if he fights Loma soon.

I'm not clamoring for the fight I just wished tank stop mentioning Loma though.
I hear you.
On the other hand, do you think Loma should try to do what Floyd did with Canelo: try to get the fight while the kid is still "green" (obviously the financial incentive is not the same)?
Afi23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2019, 02:12 AM #56
Amateur

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
TarasMarcenko is on a distinguished road
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 1,572.35
Default Loma is PvP - He doesn't need to be vocal about wanting Davis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Afi23 View Post
I hear what you say about Davis being still young but that is my problem with these "young" champions nowadays like Davis and Munguia for example. Their team wants to keep the belt while the fighter is still going trough is learning/developmental stages.

That's why I have no issue with guys like Haney, Teofimo, Shakur, Conlan, etc blowing trough cans as they are learning on the job and developing their craft because they are not holding up a belt while doing so.

As a promoter, if Floyd doesn't want to put Tank in there vs Loma, fair enough but keep Loma's name out of your month.

That being said, to be fair, Loma hasn't been too vocal about wanting that fight.
Loma has already stated Davis is running from him. He'll fight him anytime, anyplace, but the guy is running. Let Davis talk, because the worse fighters always talk the most. But isn't it convenient for Davis to talk **** when he knows the fight isn't happening because his own promoter is cherry picking easy fights for him. Floyd admitted it. "We have no rush to fight Loma, Gervonta is much younger and Loma is way older, Gervonta will make good money with easier fights than Loma."

Guess you dont need to make any more Tank vs Loma threads, this fight isnt going to happen anytime soon. TMT wont let it happen and Tank will just smile and act like a lil puppy and keep fighting handpicked, undersized opponents.
TarasMarcenko is offline   Reply With Quote

Share This With Friends

Tags
coward, ducker, floyd, gervonta davis, loma, lomachenko, smallweener, tmt

User Tag List