Boxing Forum
Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Non Stop Boxing

Old 02-07-2019, 11:29 AM #21
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 5300 Post(s)
chrisJS has a reputation beyond reputechrisJS has a reputation beyond reputechrisJS has a reputation beyond reputechrisJS has a reputation beyond reputechrisJS has a reputation beyond reputechrisJS has a reputation beyond reputechrisJS has a reputation beyond reputechrisJS has a reputation beyond reputechrisJS has a reputation beyond reputechrisJS has a reputation beyond reputechrisJS has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,132.80
Total Points: 44,378.65
LMAO!!! - apples LMAO!!! - apples LMAO!!! - apples LMAO!!! - apples LMAO!!! - apples 
LMAO!!! - apples LMAO!!! - apples LMAO!!! - apples For your mom - desktop 0 For your pops - desktop 0 
For your mouth - desktop 0 For your vagina - desktop 0 For you loose @sshole - desktop 0 Good poster - Chrismart So true... - Tony Trick-Pony 
No Message - ^lll No Message - ^lll No Message - ^lll No Message - ^lll Why you got so many vibrators? You're gay. - afgbjfgmih 
Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - !nternation Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - !nternation Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - !nternation Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - !nternation Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - !nternation 
Gay and Lesbian Pride - ^lll Gay and Lesbian Pride - ^lll Gay and Lesbian Pride - ^lll Gay and Lesbian Pride - ^lll Gay and Lesbian Pride - ^lll 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curt Henning View Post
its not about race though

its about holding all fighters to the same standard

as pointed out....certain people want to give floyd 0 credit for beating canelo....yet they want davis rushed into a fight against loma

these same people will be fine with loma staying put and fighting overmatched guys...theyll say "he doesnt have to go up...thats his weight and where he belongs...im fine with a guy staying where hes at and dominating"...yet will demand other fighters, of a certain color, move up and chase greatness

im white...and i see you all doing this stuff over and over

itll be ok for golovkin to stay at mw...and for loma to stay where he is.....but with ward he moves up and beats golovkin and its "yeah hes scared of beterbiev and gvozdyk so thats why he retired"...
I think a lot of it is about race and/or nationality. It would be naive to suggest otherwise. I’d say over 50% of it is. It also applies for the folks who hate American and/or black fighters too. I’ve seen a rather disturbing number of folks push an agenda that Lomachenko only gets praise from racists and can’t really fight and that only black boxers are good. I’ve seen it and saw a poster got banned for it a couple days ago.

What I’ve realized is that most armchair boxing fans are trash and they make their minds up. If they hate a guy they’ll hate him until he’s done and if they love a guy they’ll ride with him until he loses. They’ll never admit a close or competitive fight deserved to go against their rooting interest, they think all their guys are victimized and ducked yet all the guys they hate are duckers and cowards and cheats. They’ll defend their guy cheating too.

The majority of this particular site are boxer fans not boxing fans IMO. Maybe it’s full of young fans that just got into the sport? I think when we all start we have a favorite who the sport revolves around and then we grow into being fans of the sport first, the boxers second. I would guess OP falls under that ilk who just got into the sport for one or two guys and is still in that phase.
chrisJS is online now   Reply With Quote
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 02-07-2019, 11:40 AM #22
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 824 Post(s)
Jax teller has a reputation beyond reputeJax teller has a reputation beyond reputeJax teller has a reputation beyond reputeJax teller has a reputation beyond reputeJax teller has a reputation beyond reputeJax teller has a reputation beyond reputeJax teller has a reputation beyond reputeJax teller has a reputation beyond reputeJax teller has a reputation beyond reputeJax teller has a reputation beyond reputeJax teller has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,138.46
Total Points: 28,429.80
Brainwashed Eddie Hearn follower - gjku Eddie's sheep, baah, baah lol - gjku 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curt Henning View Post
its not about race though

its about holding all fighters to the same standard

as pointed out....certain people want to give floyd 0 credit for beating canelo....yet they want davis rushed into a fight against loma

these same people will be fine with loma staying put and fighting overmatched guys...theyll say "he doesnt have to go up...thats his weight and where he belongs...im fine with a guy staying where hes at and dominating"...yet will demand other fighters, of a certain color, move up and chase greatness

im white...and i see you all doing this stuff over and over

itll be ok for golovkin to stay at mw...and for loma to stay where he is.....but with ward he moves up and beats golovkin and its "yeah hes scared of beterbiev and gvozdyk so thats why he retired"...
Definitely is a race thing otherwise the term "Euro.." would not be used.

You're merging fan bases with two seperate opinions to prove your point, I bet the majority of Loma fans do not excuse Golovkin staying at 160 plus Loma's alreay done 3 weight classes planning to be undisputed at this one so maybe rational people are waiting for that before complaining he isn't moving up, not everyone can do what Pac did anyway. Meanwhile talking about being overmatched all the time you're not criticising Tank,Charlo's or Spence fighting Mikey etc talking about holding people to the same standard.

Tank's been talking crap about Loma for possibly years now, thats the reason most people want that fight because they want Tank to get punished for talking ish and so he should be. Basically if Loma aint that great like he constantly says he should fight him and win no problem.
Jax teller is offline   Reply With Quote

Share This With Friends

Tags
distressed..., fans, garcia, loma, lopez??, mikey, tank, teofimo

User Tag List