Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Spence Starting to Become Overrated?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is Spence Starting to Become Overrated?

Watching his bouts against Brook and Peterson, I saw a lot of holes. He has a tendency of not moving his head, he can't fight off the backfoot, he can easily be outboxed when going against someone quicker and with a better overall arsenal. Tell me, compared to Crawford and Keith what exactly does he do so great that makes everyone think that he can just blow through those guys. Both Keith and Crawford are much more skilled, faster, and athletic. Thurman has better defense and Crawford has a lot more tools. People talk about Spence's pressure and bodywork but I don't see Crawford and Thurman staying in the pocket due to their high IQ, counter-punching, athleticism, and their abilities to switch and change tactics. Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if Mikey outpoints Spence. Mikey does everything better than Spence accept applying pressure. The media has made Spence out to be this elite fighter but I just don't see it. He doesn't scratch the floor with Floyd, Pac, Tito, Oscar, Wilfred, Hearns, Forest, and Leonard. He just isn't that talented. Being objective I rate Thurman and Crawford higher than Spence. Hell, a healthy Kell Brook would've beaten Spence.

Thurman is only B+ level

Crawford is A+ level

Spence's offensive firepower is amazing. He is not overated. He is correctly rated. Spence will have an easy night with Thurman. Spence/Crawford is a 50/50 fight.

Comment

Hahahaha @ OP's comment of Thurman being more athletic than Spence .... You've definitely been smoking the good shyte bro

Comment

No. The problem is that fans rate guys before the fighter has even accomplished anything. We don't even wait for fighters to develope before they start getting ATG rankings

Comment

Originally posted by Sheldon312 View Post
          Watching his bouts against Brook and Peterson, I saw a lot of holes. He has a tendency of not moving his head, he can't fight off the backfoot, he can easily be outboxed when going against someone quicker and with a better overall arsenal. Tell me, compared to Crawford and Keith what exactly does he do so great that makes everyone think that he can just blow through those guys. Both Keith and Crawford are much more skilled, faster, and athletic. Thurman has better defense and Crawford has a lot more tools. People talk about Spence's pressure and bodywork but I don't see Crawford and Thurman staying in the pocket due to their high IQ, counter-punching, athleticism, and their abilities to switch and change tactics. Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if Mikey outpoints Spence. Mikey does everything better than Spence accept applying pressure. The media has made Spence out to be this elite fighter but I just don't see it. He doesn't scratch the floor with Floyd, Pac, Tito, Oscar, Wilfred, Hearns, Forest, and Leonard. He just isn't that talented. Being objective I rate Thurman and Crawford higher than Spence. Hell, a healthy Kell Brook would've beaten Spence.
          I'm confident that Crawford and Thurman wouldn't beat those guys you mentioned. Hell Duran would beat both of them.

Comment

Only from his own fans who are worried MIKEY GONNA KNOCK HIM OUT! so they trying to already take credit away from Mikey win!

Comment

Originally posted by Sheldon312 View Post
              Hell, a healthy Kell Brook would've beaten Spence.
              lol ok......

Comment

What exactly does crawford do besides beat up on undersized and outgunned opponents??

Comment

Originally posted by TheBoxingBanger View Post
                  Thurman is only B+ level

Crawford is A+ level

Spence's offensive firepower is amazing. He is not overated. He is correctly rated. Spence will have an easy night with Thurman. Spence/Crawford is a 50/50 fight.
                  This is how I see it. I might favor Crawford just slightly over Spence, but yeah. He’d beat Thurman.

Comment

He's done as well as one can do with the competition that has been thrown at him. Let's wait to see how he does when the competition level goes up. Some guys fight to their level of competition.

The way Spence was bombing Peterson with no respect from what was coming back led me to believe he felt Peterson's power and wasn't concerned and just said, what the hell, I'm going to end this asap.

He didn't look good doing it so much but he got the job done.

Comment

Working...
                    X