Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dillian Whyte Has Turned Down 3rd AJ Offer Over £5m/ $7M, Miller Fight Is Now Being P

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jim Tom View Post
    Wilder and Fury are not really making money.
    They both made 8 figures in their last fight and the'll both make 8 figures in their next fight.

That's not really making money?

Comment

The money's obscene.

The problem with Joshua is that he's got too big. The right guy at exactly the right time. Huge money!

He's drawing in the punters. But you can completely understand his opposition expecting a slice. But if no one will fight him, what's he worth?

If I were Joshua, I'd just keep moving down the rankings until I got a bite. Make it clear that you can't hold him to ransom. You either make it as a mandatory or you take fair money. If not then you don't get the fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Toffee View Post
        The money's obscene.

The problem with Joshua is that he's got too big. The right guy at exactly the right time. Huge money!

He's drawing in the punters. But you can completely understand his opposition expecting a slice. But if no one will fight him, what's he worth?

If I were Joshua, I'd just keep moving down the rankings until I got a bite. Make it clear that you can't hold him to ransom. You either make it as a mandatory or you take fair money. If not then you don't get the fight.
        Yeah am not blaming him for the fights not coming off, it takes two to tango. If they want to hold him to ransom then he need to keep it moving. Keep fighting your mandatories and give them the split that the organisations mandated. Once they have all up their profiles then they can share the split how they want it.

Comment

Originally posted by Toffee View Post
          The money's obscene.
          Khan is making 5 million for the Crawford fight

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
            He knows Hearn fuked both himself and AJ and is desperate for a fight. Wilder and a Fury are making money with each other. They don't need aj at the moment. That leaves Whyte as the best potential profit, so Whyte is of course going to bend them over a barrel. IMO, they'll make more money giving him 10M for a UK fight than whatever Miller is willing to take because no one really cares about Miller yet.

I don't think much of Whyte but he's playing this wisely.
            Yeah this. Miller is the riskier fight and wouldn't do the business a Whyte rematch would do. Whyte is #1 in the WBO, so its still a gamble but he's more or less guaranteed a shot sooner or later anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by NahMean View Post
              Whyte has turned down latest offer reported more than 7mil US calling it a lowball offer.. If 7mil is low ball, what would be a reasonable offer, 10mil?? Really??!! It’s a voluntary defence for a shot at the unified world titles for multiple millions.

All these guys saying AJ and Hearn are low balling but they offered 60/40 to Fury and Wilder and 7mil to Whyte which would be his highest payday yet.. I think these are very fair splits and they are all out pricing themselves.

AJ turned down 50 million, and you got the nerve to have a problem with whyte turning down 7 million.

The hypocrisy

Comment

He knows Hearn fuked both himself and AJ and is desperate for a fight. Wilder and a Fury are making money with each other. They don't need aj at the moment. That leaves Whyte as the best potential profit, so Whyte is of course going to bend them over a barrel. IMO, they'll make more money giving him 10M for a UK fight than whatever Miller is willing to take because no one really cares about Miller yet.

I don't think much of Whyte but he's playing this wisely.
                especially when Eddie booked the damn Venue nine months ago. Then last month said "well, we can put Khan/Brook in Wembly if we don't put AJ there." yeah......

Comment

You're expecting me to think you know better than Whyte or how manager. That petty much sums up NSB in a nutshell and why I can't take anyone here seriously.
                  Very bad analogy as most fighters especially the ones that made big bucks end up broke as a result of not knowing what is best for them. These guys actually desperately need a manager to guide them correct and advise them what deals to take and not take.

Comment

Originally posted by Scopedog View Post
                    It depends. Is it fair if Whyte is making 7 million if Joshua is taking home 25 or 30 million or more? It's got nothing to do with "oh, this is more than I've earned for any fight so far," it's about what the fair slice of the pie is. Instead of offering a flat fee, just offer a reasonable percentage - for Whyte, something like 30% would be fair. I don't know why Hearn fails to get this - it's no wonder he can't get a fight made.
                    Why should AJ have to offer a 30% cut for a voluntary defence against a guy he already has a ko win over?

Does Wilder give 30% cuts to his voluntary challengers?

Will Canello have to do that?

Did Floyd do that when he was being paid $40million himself?

Comment

Originally posted by bluebeam View Post
                      AJ turned down 50 million, and you got the nerve to have a problem with whyte turning down 7 million.

The hypocrisy
                      Fiddy million dollar doe.

Comment

Working...
                      X