Boxing Forum
Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Non Stop Boxing

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 01-25-2019, 02:11 PM #11
Madison boxing Madison boxing is offline
Undisputed Champion
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 24,141
Quoted: 16586 Post(s)
Rep Power: 65
Madison boxing has a reputation beyond reputeMadison boxing has a reputation beyond reputeMadison boxing has a reputation beyond reputeMadison boxing has a reputation beyond reputeMadison boxing has a reputation beyond reputeMadison boxing has a reputation beyond reputeMadison boxing has a reputation beyond reputeMadison boxing has a reputation beyond reputeMadison boxing has a reputation beyond reputeMadison boxing has a reputation beyond reputeMadison boxing has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 87,176.24
Bank: 1,104.90
Total Points: 88,281.14
RACIST ALERT - desktop 0 RACIST ALERT - desktop 0 RACIST A55HOLE - desktop 0 For your vagina - desktop 0 For your anus - desktop 0 
for when your boyfriend is away - desktop 0 SHlT POSTER - desktop 0 Hope this comes in handy :) - Shontae De'marc Healthiest food option on here, protein brotha - Shontae De'marc Eddie Hearn fanboy.  Fuck that snake and fuck gay j too. - afgbjfgmih 
Eddie Hearn sheep LOL - afgbjfgmih Stop being brain-washed by Eddie Sperm you little sheep. - afgbjfgmih Racism is NOT funny - "red I saw your posts in comments and suggestions SMH - "red I have placed you on ignore do not bother to reply, racist - "red 
How many times do you have to be banned for racism before you realise it's not right smh - "red No Message - Drama Show- No Message - Drama Show- No Message - Drama Show- No Message - Drama Show- 
Gay and Lesbian Pride - desktop 0 Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - desktop 0 Gay and Lesbian Pride - desktop 0 Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - desktop 0 Gay and Lesbian Pride - desktop 0 
Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - desktop 0 Gay and Lesbian Pride - Drama Show- Gay and Lesbian Pride - Drama Show- Gay and Lesbian Pride - DramaShow- Gay and Lesbian Pride - DramaShow- 
Gay and Lesbian Pride - DramaShow- Gay and Lesbian Pride - DramaShow- Gay and Lesbian Pride - DramaShow- Gay and Lesbian Pride - DramaShow- Gay and Lesbian Pride - !!!!!!!!! 
Gay and Lesbian Pride - !!!!!!!!! Gay and Lesbian Pride - !!!!!!!!! Gay and Lesbian Pride - !!!!!!!!! Gay and Lesbian Pride - !!!!!!!!! Gay and Lesbian Pride - !!!!!!!!! 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KTFOKING View Post
His resume' consists of exactly what though? It's not really all that good of a resume' and the top spot at 168 should be vacant until proven otherwise.

Majority of the top guys at that weight class didn't enter the tournament unlike at say CW, so just because Smith won doesn't make him the top dog at 168.
Its not smiths fault the others didnt want to prove themselves
Madison boxing is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 01-25-2019, 02:16 PM #12
KTFOKING KTFOKING is offline
Undisputed Champion
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Posts: 5,118
Quoted: 3183 Post(s)
Rep Power: 11
KTFOKING has a reputation beyond reputeKTFOKING has a reputation beyond reputeKTFOKING has a reputation beyond reputeKTFOKING has a reputation beyond reputeKTFOKING has a reputation beyond reputeKTFOKING has a reputation beyond reputeKTFOKING has a reputation beyond reputeKTFOKING has a reputation beyond reputeKTFOKING has a reputation beyond reputeKTFOKING has a reputation beyond reputeKTFOKING has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 91,084.63
Bank: 1,127.16
Total Points: 92,211.79
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pillowfists98 View Post
His win over Groves is the best win anybody has at 168. Pretty much everybody has him ranked #1 at SMW.
I don't know if a win over a past his best Groves gets you the top spot. Plant was equally as impressive if not more impressive beating Uzcategui.

We need to see more from all these guys before saying one is better than the other. But aside from Groves, that resume' is not impressive at all. Could say the same about Plant minus the Uzcategui win. And then Benavidez looks the goods but what top guy has he beaten?
KTFOKING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2019, 02:18 PM #13
KTFOKING KTFOKING is offline
Undisputed Champion
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Posts: 5,118
Quoted: 3183 Post(s)
Rep Power: 11
KTFOKING has a reputation beyond reputeKTFOKING has a reputation beyond reputeKTFOKING has a reputation beyond reputeKTFOKING has a reputation beyond reputeKTFOKING has a reputation beyond reputeKTFOKING has a reputation beyond reputeKTFOKING has a reputation beyond reputeKTFOKING has a reputation beyond reputeKTFOKING has a reputation beyond reputeKTFOKING has a reputation beyond reputeKTFOKING has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 91,084.63
Bank: 1,127.16
Total Points: 92,211.79
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madison boxing View Post
Its not smiths fault the others didnt want to prove themselves
You are right about it not being Smith's fault. However, he doesn't just get the claim as the top dog with a past his best Groves as his really only solid win.

If there was a WW tournament and it consisted of say Berto/Ortiz/Alexander/Porter/Khan/O'campo/Peterson/Lipinets and Khan came out on top, would anyone really be saying he is the top dog at WW since the other elite fighters at 147 didn't enter the tourney? No, no they wouldn't. Now, if let's say majority but not all top guys entered the tournament and Smith won? Then yeah, his claim as the best would be more valid.
KTFOKING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2019, 02:19 PM #14
pillowfists98 pillowfists98 is online now
Undisputed Champion
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Location: BOXING!!!
Posts: 4,133
Quoted: 2260 Post(s)
Rep Power: 9
pillowfists98 has a reputation beyond reputepillowfists98 has a reputation beyond reputepillowfists98 has a reputation beyond reputepillowfists98 has a reputation beyond reputepillowfists98 has a reputation beyond reputepillowfists98 has a reputation beyond reputepillowfists98 has a reputation beyond reputepillowfists98 has a reputation beyond reputepillowfists98 has a reputation beyond reputepillowfists98 has a reputation beyond reputepillowfists98 has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 42,064.28
Bank: 1,093.93
Total Points: 43,158.21
Your fanboyism is embarrassing - __________ Use it to look pretty for your man Eddie the Snake - __________ Give it to Eddie the snake to get hard before you suck him off pmsl - __________ Dick riding the coward and his lying promoter - __________ Eddie's bitch - DramaShow- 
Gay and Lesbian Pride - DramaShow- Gay and Lesbian Pride - DramaShow- Gay and Lesbian Pride - DramaShow- Gay and Lesbian Pride - DramaShow- 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KTFOKING View Post
I don't know if a win over a past his best Groves gets you the top spot. Plant was equally as impressive if not more impressive beating Uzcategui.

We need to see more from all these guys before saying one is better than the other. But aside from Groves, that resume' is not impressive at all. Could say the same about Plant minus the Uzcategui win. And then Benavidez looks the goods but what top guy has he beaten?
That's just revisionist history. Smith was the underdog going into the Groves fight.
pillowfists98 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2019, 02:25 PM #15
Madison boxing Madison boxing is offline
Undisputed Champion
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 24,141
Quoted: 16586 Post(s)
Rep Power: 65
Madison boxing has a reputation beyond reputeMadison boxing has a reputation beyond reputeMadison boxing has a reputation beyond reputeMadison boxing has a reputation beyond reputeMadison boxing has a reputation beyond reputeMadison boxing has a reputation beyond reputeMadison boxing has a reputation beyond reputeMadison boxing has a reputation beyond reputeMadison boxing has a reputation beyond reputeMadison boxing has a reputation beyond reputeMadison boxing has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 87,176.24
Bank: 1,104.90
Total Points: 88,281.14
RACIST ALERT - desktop 0 RACIST ALERT - desktop 0 RACIST A55HOLE - desktop 0 For your vagina - desktop 0 For your anus - desktop 0 
for when your boyfriend is away - desktop 0 SHlT POSTER - desktop 0 Hope this comes in handy :) - Shontae De'marc Healthiest food option on here, protein brotha - Shontae De'marc Eddie Hearn fanboy.  Fuck that snake and fuck gay j too. - afgbjfgmih 
Eddie Hearn sheep LOL - afgbjfgmih Stop being brain-washed by Eddie Sperm you little sheep. - afgbjfgmih Racism is NOT funny - "red I saw your posts in comments and suggestions SMH - "red I have placed you on ignore do not bother to reply, racist - "red 
How many times do you have to be banned for racism before you realise it's not right smh - "red No Message - Drama Show- No Message - Drama Show- No Message - Drama Show- No Message - Drama Show- 
Gay and Lesbian Pride - desktop 0 Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - desktop 0 Gay and Lesbian Pride - desktop 0 Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - desktop 0 Gay and Lesbian Pride - desktop 0 
Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - desktop 0 Gay and Lesbian Pride - Drama Show- Gay and Lesbian Pride - Drama Show- Gay and Lesbian Pride - DramaShow- Gay and Lesbian Pride - DramaShow- 
Gay and Lesbian Pride - DramaShow- Gay and Lesbian Pride - DramaShow- Gay and Lesbian Pride - DramaShow- Gay and Lesbian Pride - DramaShow- Gay and Lesbian Pride - !!!!!!!!! 
Gay and Lesbian Pride - !!!!!!!!! Gay and Lesbian Pride - !!!!!!!!! Gay and Lesbian Pride - !!!!!!!!! Gay and Lesbian Pride - !!!!!!!!! Gay and Lesbian Pride - !!!!!!!!! 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KTFOKING View Post
You are right about it not being Smith's fault. However, he doesn't just get the claim as the top dog with a past his best Groves as his really only solid win.

If there was a WW tournament and it consisted of say Berto/Ortiz/Alexander/Porter/Khan/O'campo/Peterson/Lipinets and Khan came out on top, would anyone really be saying he is the top dog at WW since the other elite fighters at 147 didn't enter the tourney? No, no they wouldn't. Now, if let's say majority but not all top guys entered the tournament and Smith won? Then yeah, his claim as the best would be more valid.
Groves isn't some bum. Its no worse a win than spences best win against brook and ive seen him as high as p4p number 3 based on that. Probably a better win than any of Crawford's whos p4p numver 1 on some list. People just dont count the 168 tourney cause it was a uk fighter who won it, its that simple.
Madison boxing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2019, 02:26 PM #16
KTFOKING KTFOKING is offline
Undisputed Champion
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Posts: 5,118
Quoted: 3183 Post(s)
Rep Power: 11
KTFOKING has a reputation beyond reputeKTFOKING has a reputation beyond reputeKTFOKING has a reputation beyond reputeKTFOKING has a reputation beyond reputeKTFOKING has a reputation beyond reputeKTFOKING has a reputation beyond reputeKTFOKING has a reputation beyond reputeKTFOKING has a reputation beyond reputeKTFOKING has a reputation beyond reputeKTFOKING has a reputation beyond reputeKTFOKING has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 91,084.63
Bank: 1,127.16
Total Points: 92,211.79
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pillowfists98 View Post
That's just revisionist history. Smith was the underdog going into the Groves fight.
Okay? That was close to a pick-em fight.

By those standards Plant was a 4:1 underdog when the odds opened up. And he was still a far bigger underdog the day of the fight compared to Smith against Groves.
KTFOKING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2019, 02:29 PM #17
KTFOKING KTFOKING is offline
Undisputed Champion
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Posts: 5,118
Quoted: 3183 Post(s)
Rep Power: 11
KTFOKING has a reputation beyond reputeKTFOKING has a reputation beyond reputeKTFOKING has a reputation beyond reputeKTFOKING has a reputation beyond reputeKTFOKING has a reputation beyond reputeKTFOKING has a reputation beyond reputeKTFOKING has a reputation beyond reputeKTFOKING has a reputation beyond reputeKTFOKING has a reputation beyond reputeKTFOKING has a reputation beyond reputeKTFOKING has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 91,084.63
Bank: 1,127.16
Total Points: 92,211.79
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madison boxing View Post
Groves isn't some bum. Its no worse a win than spences best win against brook and ive seen him as high as p4p number 3 based on that. Probably a better win than any of Crawford's whos p4p numver 1 on some list. People just dont count the 168 tourney cause it was a uk fighter who won it, its that simple.
So people county the CW tournament because it had a Ukranian win it but it doesn't count the 168 tournament because it had a Brit win it? Huh? How the hell does that make any sense?

No, the tournament counts, why wouldn't it? It's just win the other top guys don't enter it, the winner of the 168 tournament doesn't get the same respect as Usyk who had damn near ALL the other top guys in the tournament.

To be clear, I'm not saying Smith is/isn't the top dog at 168, but he's done nothing to separate himself from the pack. Nothing about his resume' says he is the best. And like I said, Plan'ts win over Uzcategui is as impressive, if not as impressive as the Groves win for Smith. Let the division play out a bit before claiming someone is the best.
KTFOKING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2019, 03:37 PM #18
boliodogs boliodogs is online now
Undisputed Champion
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 24,865
Quoted: 5848 Post(s)
Rep Power: 69
boliodogs has a reputation beyond reputeboliodogs has a reputation beyond reputeboliodogs has a reputation beyond reputeboliodogs has a reputation beyond reputeboliodogs has a reputation beyond reputeboliodogs has a reputation beyond reputeboliodogs has a reputation beyond reputeboliodogs has a reputation beyond reputeboliodogs has a reputation beyond reputeboliodogs has a reputation beyond reputeboliodogs has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 29,556.08
Bank: 42,495.20
Total Points: 72,051.28
For spreading some interesting dog (+ boxing) knowledge ;) - PainfromUkraine war canelo!! - KO MX consistent levelheaded objectivity - lefthook2daliva Keep terminating retards! - Krusher P4P #1 Good poster - -Weltschmerz- 
Good poster - MDPopescu Cheers to a good poster! - King Krusher Great Post! Ward fans are cheater fans. - anthonydavid11 Very good poster! - JK1700 Great post, man! Killing it! - anthonydavid11 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pillowfists98 View Post
If he's truly not interested in the Canelo trilogy then why bother staying at 160 if you aren't going to fight the top dog? GGG is almost 37 years old, the clock is ticking and knocking off the #1 guy at 168 would be massive for his legacy. As much as I would love to see Golovkin beat the hell out of Charlo, the Smith fight is the best one out there for him.
Of course he is interested in fighting Canelo again. Oscar said he was going all out to make the Canelo vs GGG third fight and then one day later it's official that Canelo is fighting Jacobs next. It's plain as day that Canelo fighting Jacobs was always the plan and a third fight with GGG NEVER was the plan. No offer was ever made to GGG for a 3rd Canelo fight and that's why we have heard nothing from GGG about this offer that never existed. GGG was the middleweight champion for many years with 20 successful title defenses and 18 of those were won by KO. That's a good legacy right there. GGG fighting Smith would be a great fight for GGG and a fight I think he would win. His team has said they were very interested in GGG fighting Callum Smith for the 168 pound world title so maybe it will happen.
boliodogs is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2019, 03:44 PM #19
Robbie Barrett Robbie Barrett is offline
Boxing
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 28,244
Quoted: 20019 Post(s)
Rep Power: 66
Robbie Barrett has a reputation beyond reputeRobbie Barrett has a reputation beyond reputeRobbie Barrett has a reputation beyond reputeRobbie Barrett has a reputation beyond reputeRobbie Barrett has a reputation beyond reputeRobbie Barrett has a reputation beyond reputeRobbie Barrett has a reputation beyond reputeRobbie Barrett has a reputation beyond reputeRobbie Barrett has a reputation beyond reputeRobbie Barrett has a reputation beyond reputeRobbie Barrett has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 19,500.72
Bank: 119,831.43
Total Points: 139,332.15
Good poster - Have a drink - arraamis Keep owning these trolls! - JK1700 Great point, man - Tony Trick-Pony 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by boliodogs View Post
Of course he is interested in fighting Canelo again. Oscar said he was going all out to make the Canelo vs GGG third fight and then one day later it's official that Canelo is fighting Jacobs next. It's plain as day that Canelo fighting Jacobs was always the plan and a third fight with GGG NEVER was the plan. No offer was ever made to GGG for a 3rd Canelo fight and that's why we have heard nothing from GGG about this offer that never existed. GGG was the middleweight champion for many years with 20 successful title defenses and 18 of those were won by KO. That's a good legacy right there. GGG fighting Smith would be a great fight for GGG and a fight I think he would win. His team has said they were very interested in GGG fighting Callum Smith for the 168 pound world title so maybe it will happen.
Cool fantasy bro....


Golovkin was an hype job. They built him up as unstoppable force that nobody could stand up to. Then he got pushed back by a smaller fighter moving up.
Image View Removed. Please Click Here.
Robbie Barrett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2019, 03:44 PM #20
boliodogs boliodogs is online now
Undisputed Champion
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 24,865
Quoted: 5848 Post(s)
Rep Power: 69
boliodogs has a reputation beyond reputeboliodogs has a reputation beyond reputeboliodogs has a reputation beyond reputeboliodogs has a reputation beyond reputeboliodogs has a reputation beyond reputeboliodogs has a reputation beyond reputeboliodogs has a reputation beyond reputeboliodogs has a reputation beyond reputeboliodogs has a reputation beyond reputeboliodogs has a reputation beyond reputeboliodogs has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 29,556.08
Bank: 42,495.20
Total Points: 72,051.28
For spreading some interesting dog (+ boxing) knowledge ;) - PainfromUkraine war canelo!! - KO MX consistent levelheaded objectivity - lefthook2daliva Keep terminating retards! - Krusher P4P #1 Good poster - -Weltschmerz- 
Good poster - MDPopescu Cheers to a good poster! - King Krusher Great Post! Ward fans are cheater fans. - anthonydavid11 Very good poster! - JK1700 Great post, man! Killing it! - anthonydavid11 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KTFOKING View Post
So people county the CW tournament because it had a Ukranian win it but it doesn't count the 168 tournament because it had a Brit win it? Huh? How the hell does that make any sense?

No, the tournament counts, why wouldn't it? It's just win the other top guys don't enter it, the winner of the 168 tournament doesn't get the same respect as Usyk who had damn near ALL the other top guys in the tournament.

To be clear, I'm not saying Smith is/isn't the top dog at 168, but he's done nothing to separate himself from the pack. Nothing about his resume' says he is the best. And like I said, Plan'ts win over Uzcategui is as impressive, if not as impressive as the Groves win for Smith. Let the division play out a bit before claiming someone is the best.
I consider Callum Smith the number 1 168 pound champion and someone must beat him at 168 before they can rightfully call themselves number 1 at 168. I think he is much better than Zurdo and Plant.
boliodogs is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share This With Friends

Tags
callum, fight, legacy., save, smith

User Tag List

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
Forum Jump


 

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:50 AM.

Copyright 2003-2019 BoxingScene.com All rights reserved.