Boxing Forum
Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Non Stop Boxing

Old 01-27-2019, 06:13 AM #51
Mr. Middleweight Ca$hnelo

Quoted: 2624 Post(s)
Bjl12 is infamous around these partsBjl12 is infamous around these partsBjl12 is infamous around these partsBjl12 is infamous around these partsBjl12 is infamous around these partsBjl12 is infamous around these partsBjl12 is infamous around these partsBjl12 is infamous around these partsBjl12 is infamous around these partsBjl12 is infamous around these partsBjl12 is infamous around these parts
Bank: 1,149.70
Total Points: 37,687.24

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4truth View Post
When Golovkin fought Jacobs he was substantially bigger and better than weight limited Fielding. Canelo is not even willing to face that same Jacobs,
You mean the Borat that picked Canelo's gloves?
  • *“Notice that they were gloves that had never been used in a championship fight,” Sanchez said to ESPN Deportes about Canelo’s new gloves that he wanted to wear. ”We did not feel it was fair to use them because they had not been tested. We do not know if they are going to break. Imagine that they break in the third round and then Canelo takes advantage to recover or take a break,” Sanchez said.
[Link View Has Been Removed. Click Here To Unlock This Content.]

The Borat that whined about Ca$hnelo's L E G A L handwraps?
  • *They put the gauze on his hand and he put one layer of gauze on the hand and then they put the tape on top of the gauze,” Sanchez said. “Immediately, I caught that and I said, ‘Whoa! Whoa! Whoa! That’s illegal. He can’t do that.’ And the inspector looked at me and said, ‘Yes, he can do that.’ It’s called stacking and it’s illegal and you can’t do that. It’s creating a cast. We kept going back and forth to the point where he threatened to throw me out of the room.

“But they put a layer of gauze on and then two or three layers of tape on top of that, and then gauze and tape again. That’s illegal.”

Obviously the fight was allowed to proceed, but in anticipation of this issue arising once again for the May 5 rematch, representatives from both teams met with NSAC officials to discuss the topic. Ultimately Anthony Marnell, the chairman of the commission, and executive director Bob Bennett ruled that the method of wrapping Canelo’s hands are in fact permissible under their rules (NAC 467.432).

The Borat that whined until he could pick the judgesand ref?
  • *As for the referee, Kenny Bayless was unavailable to once again be the third man in the ring, so that assignment belongs to New York/New Jersey-based Benjy Esteves, who’ll be reffing both men for the first time in his career.

It wasn’t an entirely smooth-sailing selection process, of course. When the commission replaced Bayless with Tony Weeks, Golovkin’s camp objected, citing a recent fight involving Denis Shafikov, whom Golovkin’s coach Abel Sanchez also trains.

“Tony was giving the prefight instructions in the dressing room, and Abel was trying to clarify something,” [Golovkin’s promoter] Tom Loeffler told ESPN following the commission meeting. “The gist of it was Abel didn’t agree with some of the instructions Tony was giving, so he didn’t feel comfortable with Tony in this fight. When Abel voiced that to me last night, I told Eric, and I made it clear to the commission that we have nothing against Weeks. If they want to assign him to a different fight on the show, no problem. It was just the [main event] Abel had a problem with.”

*Golovkin promoter Tom Loeffler and trainer Abel Sanchez argued against the NAC's preference of Tony Weeks, largely because of an issue Sanchez had while training junior lightweight Denis Shafikov against Rene Alvarado last December in Las Vegas when Weeks worked the bout. Oddly enough, Golovkin preferred Hall of Fame referee Robert Byrd despite the fact that he's married to the judge who controversially scored the fight for Alvarez last year.

"I'm uncomfortable with [Byrd] being there," executive director Bob Bennett said at the NAC meeting. "It will definitely create controversy because, unfortunately, Adalaide was off during the last fight."

The Borat that whined until he could get a larger split? Even though Borat said he fights for legacy and not for "business"?
  • *Two hours after the Golden Boy Promotions-imposed 12 p.m. PT deadline for Golovkin to accept an improved offer under which Alvarez would get the lion's share of a 57½-42½ revenue split came and went, and with Golden Boy CEO Oscar De La Hoya telling ESPN "there is no fight," the sides came up with a last-ditch idea that convinced GGG to accept the terms.

"It was a dead deal at noon. We were going to proceed with a Billy Joe Saunders fight. We had a deal in place to fight Billy Joe Saunders at the end of August," Golovkin promoter Tom Loeffler told ESPN of a match with world titleholder Saunders. "We definitely had an agreement in place with Billy Joe Saunders. I was up front with them and told them if there's a way to get the Canelo deal that was a priority, but Gennady had no hesitation fighting Billy Joe Saunders because he felt it was a challenging fight to fight an undefeated champion."

*“Yes, I understand that,” Golovkin said to the latimes.com “I understand this decision is maybe 20% Canelo’s and 80% [his promoter], Golden Boy. It’s business, but it’s not respectful of boxing. Everyone says Canelo is a great champion, the idol of Mexico. The idol for what? For boxing? No. Or as a businessman? Right now, he looks like a businessman.”

I stay slaying these Borat bums
Image View Removed. Please Click Here.

#BoratLogic
Bjl12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 01-27-2019, 12:59 PM #52
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 1053 Post(s)
4truth has a reputation beyond repute4truth has a reputation beyond repute4truth has a reputation beyond repute4truth has a reputation beyond repute4truth has a reputation beyond repute4truth has a reputation beyond repute4truth has a reputation beyond repute4truth has a reputation beyond repute4truth has a reputation beyond repute4truth has a reputation beyond repute4truth has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,132.80
Total Points: 18,964.12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bjl12 View Post
You mean the Borat that picked Canelo's gloves?
  • *“Notice that they were gloves that had never been used in a championship fight,” Sanchez said to ESPN Deportes about Canelo’s new gloves that he wanted to wear. ”We did not feel it was fair to use them because they had not been tested. We do not know if they are going to break. Imagine that they break in the third round and then Canelo takes advantage to recover or take a break,” Sanchez said.

The Borat that whined about Ca$hnelo's L E G A L handwraps?
  • *They put the gauze on his hand and he put one layer of gauze on the hand and then they put the tape on top of the gauze,” Sanchez said. “Immediately, I caught that and I said, ‘Whoa! Whoa! Whoa! That’s illegal. He can’t do that.’ And the inspector looked at me and said, ‘Yes, he can do that.’ It’s called stacking and it’s illegal and you can’t do that. It’s creating a cast. We kept going back and forth to the point where he threatened to throw me out of the room.

“But they put a layer of gauze on and then two or three layers of tape on top of that, and then gauze and tape again. That’s illegal.”

Obviously the fight was allowed to proceed, but in anticipation of this issue arising once again for the May 5 rematch, representatives from both teams met with NSAC officials to discuss the topic. Ultimately Anthony Marnell, the chairman of the commission, and executive director Bob Bennett ruled that the method of wrapping Canelo’s hands are in fact permissible under their rules (NAC 467.432).

The Borat that whined until he could pick the judgesand ref?
  • *As for the referee, Kenny Bayless was unavailable to once again be the third man in the ring, so that assignment belongs to New York/New Jersey-based Benjy Esteves, who’ll be reffing both men for the first time in his career.

It wasn’t an entirely smooth-sailing selection process, of course. When the commission replaced Bayless with Tony Weeks, Golovkin’s camp objected, citing a recent fight involving Denis Shafikov, whom Golovkin’s coach Abel Sanchez also trains.

“Tony was giving the prefight instructions in the dressing room, and Abel was trying to clarify something,” [Golovkin’s promoter] Tom Loeffler told ESPN following the commission meeting. “The gist of it was Abel didn’t agree with some of the instructions Tony was giving, so he didn’t feel comfortable with Tony in this fight. When Abel voiced that to me last night, I told Eric, and I made it clear to the commission that we have nothing against Weeks. If they want to assign him to a different fight on the show, no problem. It was just the [main event] Abel had a problem with.”

*Golovkin promoter Tom Loeffler and trainer Abel Sanchez argued against the NAC's preference of Tony Weeks, largely because of an issue Sanchez had while training junior lightweight Denis Shafikov against Rene Alvarado last December in Las Vegas when Weeks worked the bout. Oddly enough, Golovkin preferred Hall of Fame referee Robert Byrd despite the fact that he's married to the judge who controversially scored the fight for Alvarez last year.

"I'm uncomfortable with [Byrd] being there," executive director Bob Bennett said at the NAC meeting. "It will definitely create controversy because, unfortunately, Adalaide was off during the last fight."

The Borat that whined until he could get a larger split? Even though Borat said he fights for legacy and not for "business"?
  • *Two hours after the Golden Boy Promotions-imposed 12 p.m. PT deadline for Golovkin to accept an improved offer under which Alvarez would get the lion's share of a 57½-42½ revenue split came and went, and with Golden Boy CEO Oscar De La Hoya telling ESPN "there is no fight," the sides came up with a last-ditch idea that convinced GGG to accept the terms.

"It was a dead deal at noon. We were going to proceed with a Billy Joe Saunders fight. We had a deal in place to fight Billy Joe Saunders at the end of August," Golovkin promoter Tom Loeffler told ESPN of a match with world titleholder Saunders. "We definitely had an agreement in place with Billy Joe Saunders. I was up front with them and told them if there's a way to get the Canelo deal that was a priority, but Gennady had no hesitation fighting Billy Joe Saunders because he felt it was a challenging fight to fight an undefeated champion."

*“Yes, I understand that,” Golovkin said to the latimes.com “I understand this decision is maybe 20% Canelo’s and 80% [his promoter], Golden Boy. It’s business, but it’s not respectful of boxing. Everyone says Canelo is a great champion, the idol of Mexico. The idol for what? For boxing? No. Or as a businessman? Right now, he looks like a businessman.”

I stay slaying these Borat bums

#BoratLogic
brilliant...
guessing your laid up today with a hangover..
4truth is online now   Reply With Quote

Share This With Friends

Tags
broken!, canelo, heart, moved

User Tag List