Boxing Forum
Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Non Stop Boxing

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 01-26-2017, 05:53 PM #21
Ray* Ray* is offline
BILLY RAY* CYRUS JR
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: London, England
Age: 40
Posts: 36,255
Quoted: 4922 Post(s)
Rep Power: 89
Ray* has a reputation beyond reputeRay* has a reputation beyond reputeRay* has a reputation beyond reputeRay* has a reputation beyond reputeRay* has a reputation beyond reputeRay* has a reputation beyond reputeRay* has a reputation beyond reputeRay* has a reputation beyond reputeRay* has a reputation beyond reputeRay* has a reputation beyond reputeRay* has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 73,476.25
Bank: 1,132.80
Total Points: 74,609.05
Let's just say it's a smokescreen. - BattlingNelson an apple a day, ray - for being one of the most consistently sound guys here, someone i can agree with even when i disagree - Man In Black Cool cat, good poster - mangler Sorry dude! - S a m u r a i Excellent poster - ADDICT 
Took a while for this to be available mate! - Tamis_Siensya Ray* deserves a kick - Freedom. have a slice - sugarsmosley One of the best posters on the forum for a long time! - JK1700 Great posting! - Tony Trick-Pony 
World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - Mr._Pink Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - S a m u r a i Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - S a m u r a i Cesarean Sections - Headaches - Hospice Care - Multiple Myeloma - S a m u r a i Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - S a m u r a i 
Childhood Cancer - S a m u r a i 
Default

Just got to laugh at this thread. The only similarity would be the hype which we have seen plenty of times already over the last 10 years, Garcia (Matthyse), Maidana (Khan), Hopkins (Pavlik) just to name a few. And yeah they are both black.
Ray* is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 01-26-2017, 05:54 PM #22
daggum daggum is offline
All time great
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 33,686
Quoted: 8120 Post(s)
Rep Power: 109
daggum has a reputation beyond reputedaggum has a reputation beyond reputedaggum has a reputation beyond reputedaggum has a reputation beyond reputedaggum has a reputation beyond reputedaggum has a reputation beyond reputedaggum has a reputation beyond reputedaggum has a reputation beyond reputedaggum has a reputation beyond reputedaggum has a reputation beyond reputedaggum has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 58,533.79
Bank: 1,161.23
Total Points: 59,695.02
No Message - Tha_Greatest stand up poster - bigsmoothh pizza pizza - bigsmoothh Wilder's right hand leaves them too drunk to stand! - valero calzaghe = goat - sugarsmosley 
give this loser daggum another kick - Freedom2014 you are the funniest poster on the site, here's a pie - jas this calzaghe reminder thread is hilarious - jas a truly great poster - jas hella funny posts - SlySlickSmooth 
Caffeine - For working those CompuClinch graveyard shifts. - - Ram Raid - Superman - jas 8 years of the same old boring trolling scheme, you have no life but at least ur good at it - Omowale Tribe so true - Santa_ Great post.  Double standards for Froyd.  Ha - anthonydavid11 
funniest poster on Boxing Scene - Snoop Frog No Message - Snoop Frog Ward 115-112 - siablo14 Wise words, man - anthonydavid11 Sarcasm called. They asked me how you do it. I hung up. - Tony Trick-Pony 
Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - PensionKiller Cultural Diversity - Hunger - Leukemia - Lupus - Melanoma - Racial Tolerance - Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy Syndrome - Self Injury - jas Cesarean Sections - Headaches - Hospice Care - Multiple Myeloma - jas Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - jas Lou Gehrig's Disease (ALS) - jas 
Autism - jas Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - jas Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - jas Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - jas Childhood Cancer - jas 
Childhood Cancer - jas Alzheimer's - Crohn's &amp; Colitis - Cystic Fibrosis - Domestic Violence - Fibromyalgia - Leimyosarcoma - Lupus - !a! Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - !a! Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - !a! 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by soul_survivor View Post
I've long criticised Joey Caz for fighting Jones but although the Hopkins fight was the worst I've seen (winky v bhop is second) Calzaghe was fighting the top light heavyweight on the planet. I dunno how you or anyone else can deny that.

Plus, I'm just relaying to you what happened. You don't have to like it but it doesnt make it untrue.
i don't deny he fought hopkins...or that hopkins was good. i'm denying that he won. he looked like an amateur who was swinging at air and running into counters. that's why he was degraded.
daggum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2017, 05:56 PM #23
Ray* Ray* is offline
BILLY RAY* CYRUS JR
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: London, England
Age: 40
Posts: 36,255
Quoted: 4922 Post(s)
Rep Power: 89
Ray* has a reputation beyond reputeRay* has a reputation beyond reputeRay* has a reputation beyond reputeRay* has a reputation beyond reputeRay* has a reputation beyond reputeRay* has a reputation beyond reputeRay* has a reputation beyond reputeRay* has a reputation beyond reputeRay* has a reputation beyond reputeRay* has a reputation beyond reputeRay* has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 73,476.25
Bank: 1,132.80
Total Points: 74,609.05
Let's just say it's a smokescreen. - BattlingNelson an apple a day, ray - for being one of the most consistently sound guys here, someone i can agree with even when i disagree - Man In Black Cool cat, good poster - mangler Sorry dude! - S a m u r a i Excellent poster - ADDICT 
Took a while for this to be available mate! - Tamis_Siensya Ray* deserves a kick - Freedom. have a slice - sugarsmosley One of the best posters on the forum for a long time! - JK1700 Great posting! - Tony Trick-Pony 
World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - Mr._Pink Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - S a m u r a i Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - S a m u r a i Cesarean Sections - Headaches - Hospice Care - Multiple Myeloma - S a m u r a i Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - S a m u r a i 
Childhood Cancer - S a m u r a i 
Default

Speaking of hype, has Errol spence ever been interviewed or seen speaking before?
Ray* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2017, 06:00 PM #24
_original_ _original_ is offline
Dinamita
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 15,289
Quoted: 1843 Post(s)
Rep Power: 46
_original_ has a reputation beyond repute_original_ has a reputation beyond repute_original_ has a reputation beyond repute_original_ has a reputation beyond repute_original_ has a reputation beyond repute_original_ has a reputation beyond repute_original_ has a reputation beyond repute_original_ has a reputation beyond repute_original_ has a reputation beyond repute_original_ has a reputation beyond repute_original_ has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 30,113.04
Bank: 1,149.70
Total Points: 31,262.74
War Ortiz!!!!!!! - Sir TomJones Thank you bro. - -Pull ma Finga- Boxing scenes number one vagina. - The Problem Boxing scenes number one vagina. - The Problem Boxing scenes number one vagina. - The Problem 
Boxing scenes number one vagina. - The Problem kick this fool, he racist - The Problem Good man, cold one on me - Alx. You deserve more of these - Alx. war sutherland - Mike D 
That long post in White Knight thread had me in tears lol. - Box-Office Wouldn't let me green you just yet - mathed No Message - PorterIsFuture Appreciate the advice. Keep ballin, big pimp boss player. Dueces. - Anxious Times Cunt - Fists_of_Fury 
Gay and Lesbian Pride - The Problem Gay and Lesbian Pride - The Problem Gay and Lesbian Pride - The Problem 
Default

Nobody is really hyping up Spence, we just want to see him fight the top guys which is exactly what Errol himself wants to do.
_original_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2017, 06:28 PM #25
SkillspayBills SkillspayBills is offline
Garlic Butter Gang!
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 32,372
Quoted: 2786 Post(s)
Rep Power: 186
SkillspayBills has a reputation beyond reputeSkillspayBills has a reputation beyond reputeSkillspayBills has a reputation beyond reputeSkillspayBills has a reputation beyond reputeSkillspayBills has a reputation beyond reputeSkillspayBills has a reputation beyond reputeSkillspayBills has a reputation beyond reputeSkillspayBills has a reputation beyond reputeSkillspayBills has a reputation beyond reputeSkillspayBills has a reputation beyond reputeSkillspayBills has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 43,778.44
Bank: 1,127.16
Total Points: 44,905.60
Need to cool down, your avatars make me hot - Uns somth to remember me by :) - nillamilkshake No Message - chiguy91 No Message - chiguy91 Happy Bday - Terrel 
Happy bday bro - MANGLER Happy Birthday babe, I'm lucky to know you :D :kiss: - Bossy Happy birthday to a BS MVP. - The_Bringer Happy holidays bro! - led* Green K sent also, thanks bud :fing02: - jose830 
Happy Birthday homie :beerchug: - jose830 HBD bro - led* Skills loves dills - junior gong everything good here thanks for asking I hope everything good with you also :fing02: - -jose- Happy Holidays.. - !! AI-Holmes!! 
Pretend it's Floyd you nerdy ass phaggot - El-blanco No Message - -jose- these are awesome...lol. - jazluvr For Always Having Fly Chicas In Your Avatar - JimRaynor Biggest crybaby on this forum. Nonstop 24/7 moaning and bitching. A dickless wimp. - //// 
Cultural Diversity - Hunger - Leukemia - Lupus - Melanoma - Racial Tolerance - Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy Syndrome - Self Injury - BritishBoxing92 Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - BritishBoxing92 World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - BritishBoxing92 Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - BritishBoxing92 Myasthenia Gravis - Ovarian Cancer - Sexual Assault - Substance Abuse - BritishBoxing92 
Cesarean Sections - Headaches - Hospice Care - Multiple Myeloma - BritishBoxing92 Male Breast Cancer - Pregnancy Loss - Infant Loss - Sudden Infant Death - BritishBoxing92 Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - BritishBoxing92 Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - BritishBoxing92 Hepatitis C - BritishBoxing92 
Childhood Cancer - BritishBoxing92 Alzheimer's - Crohn's & Colitis - Cystic Fibrosis - Domestic Violence - Fibromyalgia - Leimyosarcoma - Lupus - BritishBoxing92 Hodgkin's Disease - Testicular Cancer - BritishBoxing92 Lou Gehrig's Disease (ALS) - BritishBoxing92 Head and Neck Cancer - BritishBoxing92 
Autism - The Underboss Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - chiguy91 Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - chiguy91 Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - chiguy91 Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - chiguy91 
Default

I find it....amusing that people find a way to hate on a kid that literally just wants to fight all the best fighters and unify his division. But, support other fighters trying to do the same.
SkillspayBills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2017, 06:36 PM #26
Ray* Ray* is offline
BILLY RAY* CYRUS JR
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: London, England
Age: 40
Posts: 36,255
Quoted: 4922 Post(s)
Rep Power: 89
Ray* has a reputation beyond reputeRay* has a reputation beyond reputeRay* has a reputation beyond reputeRay* has a reputation beyond reputeRay* has a reputation beyond reputeRay* has a reputation beyond reputeRay* has a reputation beyond reputeRay* has a reputation beyond reputeRay* has a reputation beyond reputeRay* has a reputation beyond reputeRay* has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 73,476.25
Bank: 1,132.80
Total Points: 74,609.05
Let's just say it's a smokescreen. - BattlingNelson an apple a day, ray - for being one of the most consistently sound guys here, someone i can agree with even when i disagree - Man In Black Cool cat, good poster - mangler Sorry dude! - S a m u r a i Excellent poster - ADDICT 
Took a while for this to be available mate! - Tamis_Siensya Ray* deserves a kick - Freedom. have a slice - sugarsmosley One of the best posters on the forum for a long time! - JK1700 Great posting! - Tony Trick-Pony 
World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - Mr._Pink Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - S a m u r a i Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - S a m u r a i Cesarean Sections - Headaches - Hospice Care - Multiple Myeloma - S a m u r a i Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - S a m u r a i 
Childhood Cancer - S a m u r a i 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkillspayBills View Post
I find it....amusing that people find a way to hate on a kid that literally just wants to fight all the best fighters and unify his division. But, support other fighters trying to do the same.
That's what I don't get neither, have never seen him interviewed before, never heard him talk about himself like he is hyping himself up, I heard other boxers talking about him more than I have ever heard from him. It looked like he just wants to let his hands do the talking. So I can't see any reason for any hate.
Ray* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2017, 06:51 PM #27
Sparked_26 Sparked_26 is online now
Undisputed Champion
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Manchester
Age: 33
Posts: 12,958
Quoted: 2728 Post(s)
Rep Power: 37
Sparked_26 has a reputation beyond reputeSparked_26 has a reputation beyond reputeSparked_26 has a reputation beyond reputeSparked_26 has a reputation beyond reputeSparked_26 has a reputation beyond reputeSparked_26 has a reputation beyond reputeSparked_26 has a reputation beyond reputeSparked_26 has a reputation beyond reputeSparked_26 has a reputation beyond reputeSparked_26 has a reputation beyond reputeSparked_26 has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 29,154.39
Bank: 1,132.80
Total Points: 30,287.19
No Message - PrinceNaz88 pushing wigs back with ease - jas Good banter - jas Good banter - jas 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray* View Post
Speaking of hype, has Errol spence ever been interviewed or seen speaking before?
This is true.

Spence could be a mute for all I'd know.

Hype has to be the most overused word in boxing. And it is really true anyway. Promoters are crap and don't really 'hype' anyone. I think now it just means a guy we've heard.

Joshua is 'hyped' nicely by Hearn and Sky.

Lacy was properly hyped though. It is a shame that doesn't happen more.

Guys like Keith Thurman should be built up to be absolute monsters.
Sparked_26 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2017, 06:57 PM #28
Baltimore Baltimore is online now
Undisputed Champion
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 2,532
Quoted: 350 Post(s)
Rep Power: 10
Baltimore has a reputation beyond reputeBaltimore has a reputation beyond reputeBaltimore has a reputation beyond reputeBaltimore has a reputation beyond reputeBaltimore has a reputation beyond reputeBaltimore has a reputation beyond reputeBaltimore has a reputation beyond reputeBaltimore has a reputation beyond reputeBaltimore has a reputation beyond reputeBaltimore has a reputation beyond reputeBaltimore has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 10,030.72
Bank: 1,149.87
Total Points: 11,180.59
Big Pun the Legacy thanks for contributing to thread - -jose- 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by _original_ View Post
Nobody is really hyping up Spence, we just want to see him fight the top guys which is exactly what Errol himself wants to do.
This right here.

We just want him to get the chance he has put himself into mandatory position for.
Baltimore is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2017, 07:23 PM #29
just the facts just the facts is online now
Undisputed Champion
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 4,196
Quoted: 1711 Post(s)
Rep Power: 16
just the facts has a reputation beyond reputejust the facts has a reputation beyond reputejust the facts has a reputation beyond reputejust the facts has a reputation beyond reputejust the facts has a reputation beyond reputejust the facts has a reputation beyond reputejust the facts has a reputation beyond reputejust the facts has a reputation beyond reputejust the facts has a reputation beyond reputejust the facts has a reputation beyond reputejust the facts has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 19,394.26
Bank: 1,127.16
Total Points: 20,521.42
Here you go girl - krazyn8tive No Message - afgbjfgmih 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NaijaD View Post
Stopped reading at Similar styles..... what on earth convinced you that they are similar apart from being black American and undefeated, delete that part so you don't look foolish.
good post, spot on and nuff said
just the facts is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2017, 07:24 PM #30
just the facts just the facts is online now
Undisputed Champion
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 4,196
Quoted: 1711 Post(s)
Rep Power: 16
just the facts has a reputation beyond reputejust the facts has a reputation beyond reputejust the facts has a reputation beyond reputejust the facts has a reputation beyond reputejust the facts has a reputation beyond reputejust the facts has a reputation beyond reputejust the facts has a reputation beyond reputejust the facts has a reputation beyond reputejust the facts has a reputation beyond reputejust the facts has a reputation beyond reputejust the facts has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 19,394.26
Bank: 1,127.16
Total Points: 20,521.42
Here you go girl - krazyn8tive No Message - afgbjfgmih 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdramashow View Post
Similar styles, both incredibly hyped at the point where they were demolishing fringe world level fighters. When lacy stepped up and fought a true world class fighter who didnt stand in front of him with his chin hanging out in the air, he got found out.

In fact lacy was a favourite against calzaghe, whereas spence in the prospective bookies odds is the underdog against brook.

I remember 'the new mike tyson' was the phrase with lacy, as he was blasting out these durable fighters, in better fashion than others had beat them (sound familiar?). People couldnt see how fighters would be able to cope when lacy started stringing his combos together. Boy did they get a rude awakening...

The lesson here, is that you shouldnt hype these offensive fighters, however good they look destroying B/C level opposition. Youve got to see how they do against an intelligent fighter who can fight back and wont stand in front of them.

I think people are really getting carried away with him demolishing algieri, someone who literally had no power whatsoever to stop spence in his tracks when hes coming forward. And bundu was an old man who lost every round to thurman, really is bizarre how beating them two has got this guy hyped so much.

Spence could well turn out to be the real deal but i think the hype machine needs to slow down a bit... People seem absolutely certain he'd blitz proven world level fighters, apparantly bradleys scared of him too now i was reading earlier today, and saw someones sig saying hes the heir to ray leonard, floyd mayweather etc lol, steady on guys...
Spence must be about something, Brook won't have any.
just the facts is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share This With Friends

Tags
errol, hype, jeff, lacy, people, spence...

User Tag List

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
Forum Jump


 

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:22 PM.

Copyright 2003-2019 BoxingScene.com All rights reserved.