Boxing Forum
Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Boxing History

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 02-21-2019, 06:19 PM #21
QueensburyRules QueensburyRules is online now
Undisputed Champion
 
Join Date: May 2018
Posts: 1,299
Quoted: 577 Post(s)
Rep Power: 3
QueensburyRules has a reputation beyond reputeQueensburyRules has a reputation beyond reputeQueensburyRules has a reputation beyond reputeQueensburyRules has a reputation beyond reputeQueensburyRules has a reputation beyond reputeQueensburyRules has a reputation beyond reputeQueensburyRules has a reputation beyond reputeQueensburyRules has a reputation beyond reputeQueensburyRules has a reputation beyond reputeQueensburyRules has a reputation beyond reputeQueensburyRules has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 16,691.45
Bank: 1,110.42
Total Points: 17,801.87
Default

--- Prob the first time Mike had ever been cut, and he acted poorly like most men do to the sight of their own blood.

Field acted the same way when one of fat Lars elbows sliced him open like a slab of ham.
QueensburyRules is online now   Reply With Quote
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 02-21-2019, 07:53 PM #22
billeau2 billeau2 is online now
Undisputed Champion
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 9,115
Quoted: 2753 Post(s)
Rep Power: 28
billeau2 has a reputation beyond reputebilleau2 has a reputation beyond reputebilleau2 has a reputation beyond reputebilleau2 has a reputation beyond reputebilleau2 has a reputation beyond reputebilleau2 has a reputation beyond reputebilleau2 has a reputation beyond reputebilleau2 has a reputation beyond reputebilleau2 has a reputation beyond reputebilleau2 has a reputation beyond reputebilleau2 has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 52,399.78
Bank: 1,121.55
Total Points: 53,521.33
Grade A explanation of punching technique. - - Ram Raid - Knowledgeable - -Weltschmerz- Happy holidays and best wishes for 2016 - -Weltschmerz- Lmao - -Scott-Weiland- 
Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - lparm 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by QueensburyRules View Post
--- knocked out Buster while being reduced to a zombie in the ring because of his experimental psycho sedatives that he was not credited with.

And what would you know about intestinal fortitude sonny? Few fighters ever had to crawl out of such a deep hellhole pipeline to prison he was birthed in.

We can thank Cus, Jacobs, and Cayton for making him into such a record setting juggernaut that can never be duplicated.

He was also set for life had he retired after his mental illness diagnosis thanks to their wise investments in retirement funds.

Alas, they were no longer around to mentor him and King and Givens and the rest of the sychophants got their blood sucking hooks in him and the rest is tragic boxing history.

Now, play that little micro recorder you keep in your beanie telling us what a smarty pants you are.

Cue guffaws all around!!!
Sweet Jesus! YOu are a riot Sir.

You two go back....have history ehh?
billeau2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2019, 11:23 PM #23
Curtis Harper Curtis Harper is online now
Successful As HELL !
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Posts: 3,156
Quoted: 1189 Post(s)
Rep Power: 7
Curtis Harper has a reputation beyond reputeCurtis Harper has a reputation beyond reputeCurtis Harper has a reputation beyond reputeCurtis Harper has a reputation beyond reputeCurtis Harper has a reputation beyond reputeCurtis Harper has a reputation beyond reputeCurtis Harper has a reputation beyond reputeCurtis Harper has a reputation beyond reputeCurtis Harper has a reputation beyond reputeCurtis Harper has a reputation beyond reputeCurtis Harper has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 46,030.52
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 46,030.52
Let me start you off, cuz. - Bobby Deez There ya go lad - lparm Cheers to black unicorns!!! - Outworn 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by billeau2 View Post
Thats not the point, Holly did not beat Tyson with his jab, he beat Tyson with his timing, and with triangulation... pushing Mike back on his heels when they clinched... also Holly used his skull quite a bit!
Tyson's jab was a joke vs Holy.
Curtis Harper is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2019, 11:37 AM #24
SheenLantern SheenLantern is offline
Contender
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 177
Quoted: 71 Post(s)
Rep Power: 5
SheenLantern will become famous soon enoughSheenLantern will become famous soon enough
Points: 12,773.52
Bank: 1,093.93
Total Points: 13,867.45
Default

Imagine being called an ATG when your best win is Tony Tucker
SheenLantern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2019, 02:26 PM #25
QueensburyRules QueensburyRules is online now
Undisputed Champion
 
Join Date: May 2018
Posts: 1,299
Quoted: 577 Post(s)
Rep Power: 3
QueensburyRules has a reputation beyond reputeQueensburyRules has a reputation beyond reputeQueensburyRules has a reputation beyond reputeQueensburyRules has a reputation beyond reputeQueensburyRules has a reputation beyond reputeQueensburyRules has a reputation beyond reputeQueensburyRules has a reputation beyond reputeQueensburyRules has a reputation beyond reputeQueensburyRules has a reputation beyond reputeQueensburyRules has a reputation beyond reputeQueensburyRules has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 16,691.45
Bank: 1,110.42
Total Points: 17,801.87
Default

- -Mike an alltime great for setting records that won't ever be broke starting with KOing Berbick as a 20 yr kid, knocking out the former Champ Fat Lar who had been training and stalking him every fight for over a year, and then knocking out the undefeated guy who whooped that champ twice and otherwise cleaning up the fetid stench of Fat Lar and DKing era to consolidate all the belts and put King out of biz. Did it in just a few years to hold the career for earnings and had even the ol'Timers proclaiming him the best ever.

Ring inaugurated the first ever P4P rankings in 1989 that saw him as the first ever #1.

What grade you in Sonny?
QueensburyRules is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2019, 07:13 PM #26
billeau2 billeau2 is online now
Undisputed Champion
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 9,115
Quoted: 2753 Post(s)
Rep Power: 28
billeau2 has a reputation beyond reputebilleau2 has a reputation beyond reputebilleau2 has a reputation beyond reputebilleau2 has a reputation beyond reputebilleau2 has a reputation beyond reputebilleau2 has a reputation beyond reputebilleau2 has a reputation beyond reputebilleau2 has a reputation beyond reputebilleau2 has a reputation beyond reputebilleau2 has a reputation beyond reputebilleau2 has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 52,399.78
Bank: 1,121.55
Total Points: 53,521.33
Grade A explanation of punching technique. - - Ram Raid - Knowledgeable - -Weltschmerz- Happy holidays and best wishes for 2016 - -Weltschmerz- Lmao - -Scott-Weiland- 
Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - lparm 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curtis Harper View Post
Tyson's jab was a joke vs Holy.
Tyson never had much of a jab! Curtis Curtis Curtis You ever hear anyone talk about Dempsey's jab? Mike took his cues from Dempsey and with Dempsey you punched to move the earth forward.

Can I give you a homework assignment? Its just the teacher in me not trying to be patronizing I swear... Ok look at the fight where Holly beat Bowe. You will notice that for that fight Holly listened to his corner and used his mobility and did not slug it out with Bowe except at key points. One reason Holly was such a great fighter, and I put him on a short list, was because he was coachable. When the 5h1t really hit the fan he would either: go ham and punch, or listen to his corner and do as instructed. Now in this Bowe fight watch how he is doing what he is told.

Comes time to fight Iron Mike and Holly like every other mammal is scared...not intimidated but weary about what a Tyson punch can do to him... So he listens to his corner and Don Edwards had figured out how to beat Tyson. Holly listened.

Mike's jab was not the issue, Mike could not get set and could not push Holly back to catch him. Ill tell you why it worked: We make assumptions. If we cannot make Mike Tyson fold in an attack with our punches it does not mean that we cannot push him around...Mike was a little on the small side that way. Neuton's second law of thermodynamics...A force needs an equal force to neutralize... For Mike to have those monster punches he needs the ground to brace him. When Holly clinched with Mike he was told to push Mike back, on his heels, making it so when they were close Mike had no power.

Most guys tried to avoid Mike when he was coming,.. Holly goes right into him and takes his base away from him, buzzsaws him!

Check it out watch the fights and you will see that Evander listens when he is uncertain and this allowed him to employ tactics in both these fights. Mike Tyson is subject to the same conditions as we all are..without a footing it does not matter what punch he throws, it will not have any force behind it.

Last edited by billeau2; 02-22-2019 at 07:16 PM.
billeau2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2019, 02:25 AM #27
Curtis Harper Curtis Harper is online now
Successful As HELL !
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Posts: 3,156
Quoted: 1189 Post(s)
Rep Power: 7
Curtis Harper has a reputation beyond reputeCurtis Harper has a reputation beyond reputeCurtis Harper has a reputation beyond reputeCurtis Harper has a reputation beyond reputeCurtis Harper has a reputation beyond reputeCurtis Harper has a reputation beyond reputeCurtis Harper has a reputation beyond reputeCurtis Harper has a reputation beyond reputeCurtis Harper has a reputation beyond reputeCurtis Harper has a reputation beyond reputeCurtis Harper has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 46,030.52
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 46,030.52
Let me start you off, cuz. - Bobby Deez There ya go lad - lparm Cheers to black unicorns!!! - Outworn 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by billeau2 View Post
Tyson never had much of a jab! Curtis Curtis Curtis You ever hear anyone talk about Dempsey's jab? Mike took his cues from Dempsey and with Dempsey you punched to move the earth forward.

Can I give you a homework assignment? Its just the teacher in me not trying to be patronizing I swear... Ok look at the fight where Holly beat Bowe. You will notice that for that fight Holly listened to his corner and used his mobility and did not slug it out with Bowe except at key points. One reason Holly was such a great fighter, and I put him on a short list, was because he was coachable. When the 5h1t really hit the fan he would either: go ham and punch, or listen to his corner and do as instructed. Now in this Bowe fight watch how he is doing what he is told.

Comes time to fight Iron Mike and Holly like every other mammal is scared...not intimidated but weary about what a Tyson punch can do to him... So he listens to his corner and Don Edwards had figured out how to beat Tyson. Holly listened.

Mike's jab was not the issue, Mike could not get set and could not push Holly back to catch him. Ill tell you why it worked: We make assumptions. If we cannot make Mike Tyson fold in an attack with our punches it does not mean that we cannot push him around...Mike was a little on the small side that way. Neuton's second law of thermodynamics...A force needs an equal force to neutralize... For Mike to have those monster punches he needs the ground to brace him. When Holly clinched with Mike he was told to push Mike back, on his heels, making it so when they were close Mike had no power.

Most guys tried to avoid Mike when he was coming,.. Holly goes right into him and takes his base away from him, buzzsaws him!

Check it out watch the fights and you will see that Evander listens when he is uncertain and this allowed him to employ tactics in both these fights. Mike Tyson is subject to the same conditions as we all are..without a footing it does not matter what punch he throws, it will not have any force behind it.
I don't know why this is....I like reading books but not these message board essays.....strange
Curtis Harper is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2019, 03:02 PM #28
billeau2 billeau2 is online now
Undisputed Champion
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 9,115
Quoted: 2753 Post(s)
Rep Power: 28
billeau2 has a reputation beyond reputebilleau2 has a reputation beyond reputebilleau2 has a reputation beyond reputebilleau2 has a reputation beyond reputebilleau2 has a reputation beyond reputebilleau2 has a reputation beyond reputebilleau2 has a reputation beyond reputebilleau2 has a reputation beyond reputebilleau2 has a reputation beyond reputebilleau2 has a reputation beyond reputebilleau2 has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 52,399.78
Bank: 1,121.55
Total Points: 53,521.33
Grade A explanation of punching technique. - - Ram Raid - Knowledgeable - -Weltschmerz- Happy holidays and best wishes for 2016 - -Weltschmerz- Lmao - -Scott-Weiland- 
Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - lparm 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curtis Harper View Post
I don't know why this is....I like reading books but not these message board essays.....strange
Watch those fights and watch how Holly operates. the reason it is telling is because it shows that the Holly who beat Tyson did it a very specific way...Actually I credit Holly's Trainer for the fight Don Turner, I called him Don Edwards! (palm slap).

Curtis let me tell you something: when I was coming up people would occasionally tape on 8 tracks, it was a big deal. Now there is so much tape around! In my day there were sports shows so...I we might be having this dialogue as a phone conversation and I would say "Curtis, 'the way we were' is having the Louis Conn fight, check it out!" But now!!! Youtube you can watch any fight you want!!

Take advantage of it. Its a great tool to verify conclusions. You will see that Holyfield beat Tyson a very specific way.
billeau2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2019, 03:12 PM #29
Curtis Harper Curtis Harper is online now
Successful As HELL !
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Posts: 3,156
Quoted: 1189 Post(s)
Rep Power: 7
Curtis Harper has a reputation beyond reputeCurtis Harper has a reputation beyond reputeCurtis Harper has a reputation beyond reputeCurtis Harper has a reputation beyond reputeCurtis Harper has a reputation beyond reputeCurtis Harper has a reputation beyond reputeCurtis Harper has a reputation beyond reputeCurtis Harper has a reputation beyond reputeCurtis Harper has a reputation beyond reputeCurtis Harper has a reputation beyond reputeCurtis Harper has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 46,030.52
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 46,030.52
Let me start you off, cuz. - Bobby Deez There ya go lad - lparm Cheers to black unicorns!!! - Outworn 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by billeau2 View Post
Watch those fights and watch how Holly operates. the reason it is telling is because it shows that the Holly who beat Tyson did it a very specific way...Actually I credit Holly's Trainer for the fight Don Turner, I called him Don Edwards! (palm slap).

Curtis let me tell you something: when I was coming up people would occasionally tape on 8 tracks, it was a big deal. Now there is so much tape around! In my day there were sports shows so...I we might be having this dialogue as a phone conversation and I would say "Curtis, 'the way we were' is having the Louis Conn fight, check it out!" But now!!! Youtube you can watch any fight you want!!

Take advantage of it. Its a great tool to verify conclusions. You will see that Holyfield beat Tyson a very specific way.
New to the site, not the sport.
Curtis Harper is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2019, 03:40 PM #30
BKM- BKM- is offline
06-15
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 7,340
Quoted: 1644 Post(s)
Rep Power: 38
BKM- has a reputation beyond reputeBKM- has a reputation beyond reputeBKM- has a reputation beyond reputeBKM- has a reputation beyond reputeBKM- has a reputation beyond reputeBKM- has a reputation beyond reputeBKM- has a reputation beyond reputeBKM- has a reputation beyond reputeBKM- has a reputation beyond reputeBKM- has a reputation beyond reputeBKM- has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 16,327.14
Bank: 1,121.55
Total Points: 17,448.69
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year - Freedom. Happy New Year Bro, All the bet for 2016 - Rocky... Happy 10 years - HughJass Elite Counter-Insurgent - //// No Message - King Krusher 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by VegasMichael View Post
I seem to recall Tucker had a broken hand before the Tyson fight. Not making excuses, though.
I think his hand broke when he right uppercutted Tyson's giant HGH skull early in the first round which also hurt Tyson for a second.
BKM- is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share This With Friends

Tags
challenger, faced, prime, real, tucker?, tyson

User Tag List

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
Forum Jump


 

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:25 PM.

Copyright 2003-2019 BoxingScene.com All rights reserved.