Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will Arum and Haymon ever work together?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RJJ-94-02=GOAT View Post
    Fury-Wilder negotiations are ongoing and both sides have shown some optimism a deal can still be made.

If the rematch happens, surely this opens doors for other incredible Bob/Al crossover matchups like Crawford-Spence, Loma-Mikey etc.

I’m probably writing this out of hope more than expectation but will the two biggest power brokers in boxing actually be able to work together?
    Arum will only work with Haymon when PBC fighters are willing to allow Arum to dictate terms and fight on ESPN. He will never allow any of his top fighters to fight on a PBC show, till this day he has yet to do it willingly unless its a purse bid he lost. Arum says he works with other promoters but its because he forces them to agree to his terms and have their fighters fight on ESPN.

Comment

Originally posted by KTFOKING View Post
      Not only that, but the times Arum sent his guys to SHO in the examples he used were on purse bid fights.

Molina/Diaz/etc were lower level Haymon fighters that went to HBO.

Fury vs Wilder and Crawford vs Spence are two legitimate A side type of match ups. Different animal.
      Yeah like Loma-Russell is an example were both risked a significant asset, I’d love to see them do more of that stuff.

Crawford-Spence is the best fight that can be made IMO, I’d be so excited about that one.

Comment

Originally posted by filup79 View Post
        Arum only is work with Haymon when PBC fighters are willing to allow Arum to dictate terms and fight on ESPN. He will never allow any of his top fighters to fight on a PBC show, till this day he has yet to do it willingly unless its a purse bid he lost. Arum says he works with other promoters but its because he forces them to agree to his terms and have their fighters fight on ESPN.
        Bob is very stubborn and he does seem a “my way or the highway” type of negotiator. However, I don’t believe he’d cut his nose off to spite his face, if the money is there he’ll explore a deal.

Comment

Bob is very stubborn and he does seem a “my way or the highway” type of negotiator. However, I don’t believe he’d cut his nose off to spite his face, if the money is there he’ll explore a deal.
          I doubt it, GB and HBO were willing to pay more money to have Loma/Linares on HBO when they were having issues with the date of Canelo's PPV replay. Arum said no and walked away, it was Linares and GB who accepted Arums terms.

Comment

bob has plenty of money...hes 87.....bob doesnt like blacks and other minorities being powerful in boxing....hes an old jewish man....he doesnt like fighters being empowered....he likes when they need him and obey him.....

Comment

Adonis vs Gvozdyk
              Oscar Rivas vs Bryant Jennings
              Eleider Alvarez vs Kovalev rematch was on ESPN

They are working together and I don't even know if Arum knows it

As for the bigger fights like Spence Jr vs Crawford yeah they will get done...BUT not if Arum feels like he most be in complete charge of them. IF that happens then ABSOLUTELY NOT! That is why we have to wait and see what this Wilder Deal is like. IF it is a good Deal, Wilder should take it!

Comment

I don't see any scenario where Arum allows a "big fight" or one of his stars to fight on another network if there is any choice. If any of these are going to happen, I think they'll have to be on ESPN

Comment

Originally posted by filup79 View Post
                  I doubt it, GB and HBO were willing to pay more money to have Loma/Linares on HBO when they were having issues with the date of Canelo's PPV replay. Arum said no and walked away, it was Linares and GB who accepted Arums terms.
                  Good point. I can understand why Arum needed Loma on ESPN though

Comment

Working...
                  X