Boxing Forum
Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Non Stop Boxing

Old 01-29-2019, 09:25 AM #41
Strong champion.

Quoted: 6250 Post(s)
New England has a reputation beyond reputeNew England has a reputation beyond reputeNew England has a reputation beyond reputeNew England has a reputation beyond reputeNew England has a reputation beyond reputeNew England has a reputation beyond reputeNew England has a reputation beyond reputeNew England has a reputation beyond reputeNew England has a reputation beyond reputeNew England has a reputation beyond reputeNew England has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,110.42
Total Points: 58,260.02
great poster award - jazluvr Merry Christmas bro. Kick back and enjoy. Surround yourself with your loved ones and have a cold one. - deanrw Happy Holidays  New England - !! AI-Holmes!! Ma nigguh, you should come to Ol' England. - D-MiZe for entering the weed thread! - HUGH JASS 
BoxingScene's Educator-in-chief - Dr Rumack i didn't know you live in that area affected, my heart goes out to you...stay strong homie - jose830 #freeNewEnglang - thuggery Coming home on parole brew. - Sweet Pea 50 top poster and cool story in my thread of how you first joined boxingscene. - HUGH JASS 
happy independence day you zulu warrior!!! - HUGH JASS For the fitness and nutrition advice, thanks. - jas A top poster - jas For being a roided up freakazoid - Cuauhtémoc1520 44 posts late.Happy 29,000 post - HughJass 
LOL caught me good KO2. - Hi Rudyo! LOL caught me good KO2. - Hi Rudyo! Suck on this Cry Baby - Rocky... couldn't green you on that big pun post, good stuff - -jose- b-scene ATG - Mike D 
Childhood Cancer - khepesh Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - jazluvr World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - jose830 Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - jose830 World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - -jose- 
Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - -jose- Childhood Cancer - sugarsmosley World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - HughJass AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - jas World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - sugarsmosley 
Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - jas Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - -jose- World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - -jose- 

Quote:
Originally Posted by earl-hickey View Post
Answer this question.

Why was Wilder making 1/4 what Joshua was making for every fight until the Fury one?

You guys have an economy 20,000,000 times bigger than our poor, poverty ridden little cesspit, so why was your WORLD CHAMP making pittance?

Your champ got offered what he was worth at the time because he was making nothing.

To be frank, unless he demonstrates the ability to make $30,000,000 against an unflashy opponent like say a Kubrat Pulev, then he is NOT worth 50/50. Because as far as i'm concerned Fury was the draw in their fight.

As for JP getting more, well it was 2 belts v 1 in that fight so Parker deserved 1/3

Now it's 3/1 vs Wilder so that being the case a 25% split is fair

he wasn't on pay per view and there hadn't been a major investment into making him a star. this is the way things have always worked here. guys cut their teeth on showtime or formerly on hbo and to get them to PPV it requires usually A: beating up an old star, or B: major investment. wilder did over 300 k in $80 ppv against a relatively unkown and at the time unproven fighter. wasn't in vegas. was on relatively short notice in the sense that fury wasn't really on the radar becaue he'd looked so poor in his comebacks.

showtime broadcasts top out at around 2 million in purse. al haymomn pays them about 2x that based on a lot of accounts.

one of the main reasons that wilder hasn't been on ppv until recently was haymon still having floyd mayweather in his stable. now that floyd is almost surely retired, PBC, who invested more money than any promoter ever on the front end, is now investing in wilder to make him into a star.

this stuff about the number of belts affecting the split is you, understanding very little about how all of this work and what money really sounds like when it talks, making an excuse for eddie hearn lowballing people so his fighter can make his money in wembley against lesser fighters.

it is what it is, earl. you just don't understand it. i'm not taking seriously the dude who posted on bscene for years, no doubt wasting countless hours of his life, caricaturing american blacks with an alt. card gets pulled, you're a fanboy and a racist. probably too dumb to realize that.
New England is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 01-29-2019, 10:01 AM #42
Banned

Quoted: 479 Post(s)
SeGoodland is a glorious beacon of lightSeGoodland is a glorious beacon of lightSeGoodland is a glorious beacon of lightSeGoodland is a glorious beacon of lightSeGoodland is a glorious beacon of light
Bank: 1,093.93
Total Points: 17,194.24
gAy J embarassed Brits by ducking, quack quack LOL. - ^lll gAy J embarassed Brits by ducking, quack quack LOL. - ^lll rational comments - afgbjfgmih sensible comments - afgbjfgmih Eddie Hearn's cock - __________ 
eddie owns you too just like gay j - __________ stupid - __________ since you fancy eddie the snake - __________ dumb poster - __________ AJ's a bitch he ducked ROFL quack quack quack quack quack quack quack quack quack quack quack quack quack quack quack quack quack quack quack quack - __________ 
quack quack quack quack quack quack quack quack quack quack quack quack quack quack quack quack quack quack quack quack quack quack quack quack quack quack quack - __________ 

Forget everything that has been put on the table. Deontay accepting the £15m offer, Joshua saying that he would fight for $50m, the Fury 60-40 split recently...Lets look at the wider picture here.

No-one, except Matchroom, has the buying power to come back and say 'Look at the proof, my bank balance shows that I have an actual £50m for Anthony Joshua to fight me and that's in his pocket guaranteed, let make it happen'.

What I mean is, show Joshua he will get $50m guaranteed...100% of $50m, in his pocket and he will fight on Sky Sports in the UK to meet his contractual requirements.

All of these Heavyweights want big money from a Joshua fight because they aren't getting it from their own promotional or sub-promotional teams, even Miller and Whyte so they are basically holding Hearn to ransom; 'I'm not fighting unless I get what I want'.

Hearn is exactly right...What is the value of a title-shot? Why doesn't that have value anymore? All of these guys want 4 or 5 million AND a title shot. It should be one or the other IMO.
SeGoodland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2019, 10:22 AM #43
Banned

Quoted: 479 Post(s)
SeGoodland is a glorious beacon of lightSeGoodland is a glorious beacon of lightSeGoodland is a glorious beacon of lightSeGoodland is a glorious beacon of lightSeGoodland is a glorious beacon of light
Bank: 1,093.93
Total Points: 17,194.24
gAy J embarassed Brits by ducking, quack quack LOL. - ^lll gAy J embarassed Brits by ducking, quack quack LOL. - ^lll rational comments - afgbjfgmih sensible comments - afgbjfgmih Eddie Hearn's cock - __________ 
eddie owns you too just like gay j - __________ stupid - __________ since you fancy eddie the snake - __________ dumb poster - __________ AJ's a bitch he ducked ROFL quack quack quack quack quack quack quack quack quack quack quack quack quack quack quack quack quack quack quack quack - __________ 
quack quack quack quack quack quack quack quack quack quack quack quack quack quack quack quack quack quack quack quack quack quack quack quack quack quack quack - __________ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by New England View Post
it is what it is, earl. you just don't understand it. i'm not taking seriously the dude who posted on bscene for years, no doubt wasting countless hours of his life, caricaturing american blacks with an alt. card gets pulled, you're a fanboy and a racist. probably too dumb to realize that.
I think what earl was saying is that the most simplistic means of determining the split would be to use the belts.

But IMO, it appears that the belts are now worthless. A title shot has lost its appeal and its all about the money that can be made, especially against Anthony Joshua.

I can understand why hardcore fans of specific fighters think that their fighter is being 'low-balled' when they aren't making the same type of money that Joshua does. That's not Hearn's fault. If the fighter wants to make the money that Joshua does, they need to sign with Matchroom or DAZN first, don't they!?

If Wilder and Fury fight, sell 320k PPVs and use free tickets to firemen (which I thought was cool) then that is a clear demonstration that the WBC World heavyweight champion CANNOT promote and sell a big fight without another big name.

If it was the other way around and Joshua couldn't sell 1m PPV's and fill a 21k seater or whatever it was, Wilder and Fury fans would be SCREAMING to high heaven about Joshua not being worth 60% of a fight to be undisputed.

But there aren't any arguments about Joshua NOT being worth AT LEAST 60% is there? That's because they understand his selling potential and use that to piggy back their own agenda.

Its all because Wilder, Fury, Miller, Whyte and Ortiz all want big money that they can only get from a Joshua fight. You don't hear Whyte and Miller talking about how poor Frank Warren and Shelly Finkel are, do you?

So you are saying that the reason why Deontay Wilder isn't as big as Anthony Joshua is because of Floyd Mayweather?
Image View Removed. Please Click Here.

Last edited by SeGoodland; 01-29-2019 at 10:24 AM.
SeGoodland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2019, 12:08 PM #44
Éirinn go Brách

Quoted: 3428 Post(s)
W1LL has a reputation beyond reputeW1LL has a reputation beyond reputeW1LL has a reputation beyond reputeW1LL has a reputation beyond reputeW1LL has a reputation beyond reputeW1LL has a reputation beyond reputeW1LL has a reputation beyond reputeW1LL has a reputation beyond reputeW1LL has a reputation beyond reputeW1LL has a reputation beyond reputeW1LL has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 37,256.68
Total Points: 44,579.40
Great posting, Usyk Brother! - Tony Trick-Pony Ol Robbie. Haha - Tony Trick-Pony 

Quote:
is that true?

that's f#cking pathetic if that's the case. hearn was talking about white like he was trying to make him into a star. now he won't get more money to fight a prime joshua than he would to fight derek chisora working his way toward his 10th loss?
Dillian Whyte has revealed he received an offer from Anthony Joshua to fight him at Wembley on April 13, but branded the proposal “utterly ridiculous.”

The 30-year-old heavyweight, who’s forged a path back to world title contention after being beaten by AJ early in his career, believes his rival doesn’t want a rematch and claims he’s been offered less than he made for his last fight against Dereck Chisora.

[Link View Has Been Removed. Click Here To Unlock This Content.]
W1LL is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2019, 02:26 PM #45
Banned

Quoted: 3630 Post(s)
earl-hickey has a reputation beyond reputeearl-hickey has a reputation beyond reputeearl-hickey has a reputation beyond reputeearl-hickey has a reputation beyond reputeearl-hickey has a reputation beyond reputeearl-hickey has a reputation beyond reputeearl-hickey has a reputation beyond reputeearl-hickey has a reputation beyond reputeearl-hickey has a reputation beyond reputeearl-hickey has a reputation beyond reputeearl-hickey has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 94,171.33
Total Points: 100,009.20
Apple - iBreakbeat You'll need these - Rip Chudd Congrats man! - Rip Chudd Stay safe - rorymac Making us BS members proud - Versastyle 
Happy early Bday and congrats on 10k love :kiss: - Bossy blue parallelogram for your birthday - Jack Napier Happy Birthday darling! I hope you have a wonderful day xxx - Bossy I swear you make my day with every single post. - Alx. LOL, that cracked me up. Here's a cold one on me. - BulgariasFinest 
Excellent poster. I chuckle every time you post that gif of RJJ getting KTFO. - I'm so sorry Here's one on me - led* 14k posts - ShaunRoberts Merry Christmas and Happy New Year - Freedom. happy 15,000 - JonoYoungP4P 
Boxing scenes number one idiot - ROSS CALIFORNIA #FREE EARL HICKEY #JusticeForEarl - thuggery with a bit of luck it's not severe! - HUGH JASS Wilder's right hand leaves them too drunk to stand! - valero don't ever stop crushing boxing noobs with facts! - Krusher P4P #1 
AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - mangler Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - mangler Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - mangler Cultural Diversity - Hunger - Leukemia - Lupus - Melanoma - Racial Tolerance - Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy Syndrome - Self Injury - Gift Giver AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - Ether 
Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - MANGLER Cesarean Sections - Headaches - Hospice Care - Multiple Myeloma - MANGLER Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - jazluvr AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - ??? Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - iBreakbeat 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - MANIAC310 Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Shiranui Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - TBear Graves Disease - Lymphedema - Men's Health - Pro Choice - Prostate Cancer - Scleroderma - Thyroid Disease - Trisomy 18 - TBear Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - TBear 
Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - !! AI-Holmes!! AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - !! AI-Holmes!! Children with Disabilities - Parkinson's Disease - VACTERL - Young Onset Parkinson's Association - thuggery 

Quote:
he wasn't on pay per view and there hadn't been a major investment into making him a star. this is the way things have always worked here. guys cut their teeth on showtime or formerly on hbo and to get them to PPV it requires usually A: beating up an old star, or B: major investment. wilder did over 300 k in $80 ppv against a relatively unkown and at the time unproven fighter. wasn't in vegas. was on relatively short notice in the sense that fury wasn't really on the radar becaue he'd looked so poor in his comebacks.

showtime broadcasts top out at around 2 million in purse. al haymomn pays them about 2x that based on a lot of accounts.

one of the main reasons that wilder hasn't been on ppv until recently was haymon still having floyd mayweather in his stable. now that floyd is almost surely retired, PBC, who invested more money than any promoter ever on the front end, is now investing in wilder to make him into a star.

this stuff about the number of belts affecting the split is you, understanding very little about how all of this work and what money really sounds like when it talks, making an excuse for eddie hearn lowballing people so his fighter can make his money in wembley against lesser fighters.

Yes I'm a racist over here defending Anthony Joshua

No, what I don't like is the sense of entitlement from many American boxers (and yes, most of them are black) but it's not all of them. Crawford and Spence are fighters I can get behind, loudmouth idiots like Wilder, Broner, from a British perspective Eubank Jr? Nope

Never going to happen.

Playing the race card is the weakest defence ever because this isn't about skin colour it's about personality
earl-hickey is online now   Reply With Quote

Share This With Friends

Tags
agrees, davidson., dillian, fury, hearn, lowballing, whyte, wilder

User Tag List