No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Lomachenko vs. Crolla Ordered To Purse Bid on February 4

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Senor_frogs View Post
    this is the p4p 1 guy. Guessing nobody wants to fight him Mikey is fighting the boogie man and Loma is fighting this guy. Why am I not surprised. And nobody is slamming him for this. Smh. That’s Top rank for you
    How do you have so much green karma? Mikey's potentially throwing his career away to get KTFO by Spence, when he could've made a fight with Loma. Loma has to fight Crolla if he doesn't wanna lose his belt, so how is that his fault?

Comment

Originally posted by sammybee View Post
      Sure....Pacquiao lost some of his earlier fights in professional boxing but he learnt on the job and now he is a legend.

You are right !!!!
      Sor rungvisai started his career 0-3-1 and now he’s a world champion.

Comment

Originally posted by cally83 View Post
        This is one of those fights that you don't watch live, have no interest in catching the replay and are just happy finding out the result (method of easy Lomachenko win) several days later just to keep in the loop. Garbage fight. I'd actually respect Loma a lot if he came out and binned his title because of this pointless fight being made. It's about big fights, top opponents, not titles as far as I'm concerned. Ricky Burns won multiple titles in multiple weights, but never did and never would beat a great fighter. Just beat fighters in and around his level for weak championship belts. Too much of that is done these days to create a fake legacy then is not inline with reality. It's like Manchester City beating Barnsley, Rotherham and Brentford for belts whilst Liverpool wait in line for a game with them. If Loma only fights twice in 2019 and one of them is Crolla! Then it's a damn shame. I'd rather he faced that kickboxer who Mayweather left crying, in a game of Poker than box Crolla.
        Excellent post. You deserve a medal for this! All I can do is Green K you.

Comment

Originally posted by Goodtry View Post
          Loma fought champs in his division in both cases! Hope we'll see the same from Tank.
          Pedraza and Linares are nothing to brag about.

Comment

Originally posted by DaFan View Post
            Excellent post. You deserve a medal for this! All I can do is Green K you.
            Thanks man, appreciated.

Comment

Originally posted by Koba-Grozny View Post
              I think it's rubbish too, but there's 4 different orgs and many fighters aren't sanctioned by all of 'em. Means you sometimes get guys who ain't all that at the top of the pile. Regardless that he ain't a great fighter Crolla has jumped through the appropriate hoops and has reached the mando spot. Now he's done that the WBA is kinda obligated to follow through by making it happen, so yes, it is doing it's job in that sense. Do I like it? No. But what they supposed to do, just ignore their own rules and bypass the guys they've told have done what they gotta do?

All of which is totally bypassing my question: I asked what exactly this has to do with Hearn. So far on this thread I've seen folk using it to have a pop at Lomachenko, at Arum and at Hearn, when all that's said is that the WBA have set up a purse bid. You said that this is 'proof' Hearn is selling chocolate cake or... something, but no matter how many times I read it I can't see Hearn (or indeed chocolate cakes or gobbling) mentioned even once. I'm just trying to figure out what you mean, man. It's intriguing.
              Didn't think I would have had to spell it out to you, but hey... Here it is. https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/boxin...g-eddie-hearn/

Comment

Originally posted by steeve steel View Post
                Didn't think I would have had to spell it out to you, but hey... Here it is. https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/boxin...g-eddie-hearn/
                Man. I know the story. I'm just asking how the WBA ordering their Champion to fight their #1 contender is proof of Hearn being anything. You want to say Hearn is a slippery, devious mfer (like every other promoter) you'll not hear any arguments from me. All I'm saying is that the article referenced in the thread title doesn't offer any proof whatsoever to support that claim.

You suggesting that Hearn bribed the WBA to make Crolla - Yordan for the mandatory slot or something?
                Last edited by Citizen Koba; 01-21-2019, 02:19 PM.

Comment

Complete Mismatch but Loma could make a lot of money from this mismatch

Comment

Originally posted by Koba-Grozny View Post
                    Man. I know the story. I'm just asking how the WBA ordering their Champion to fight their #1 contender is proof of Hearn being anything. You want to say Hearn is a slippery, devious mfer (like every other promoter) you'll not hear any arguments from me. All I'm saying is that the article referenced in the thread title doesn't offer any proof whatsoever to support that claim.

You suggesting that Hearn bribed the WBA to make Crolla - Yordan for the mandatory slot or something?
                    Isn't that what " a slippery, devious mfer" like Hearn (and "like every other promoter") does?

Comment

Originally posted by steeve steel View Post
                      Isn't that what " a slippery, devious mfer" like Hearn (and "like every other promoter") does?
                      It absolutely wouldn't surprise me, but once again the article in question doesn't actually offer any proof of it, nor does the one you link. Understand that it ain't your apparent dislike of Hearn that I'm questioning, but your using an article that provides no proof of wrongdoing to try to make your point.

Oh. And since we're getting into it, maybe you can show me the people who are 'gobbling this up like chocolate cake'? Without fail everyone that I've seen on this thread has said it's a shit fight. So not only does the article say nothing about Hearn at all but also your contention that people are lapping his shit up seems to be utterly wrong too. Maybe you need a rethink.

Comment

Working...
                      X