Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Thurman Vows Statement-Making Return, Unifications, Busy Year

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by landotter View Post
    I will also. Thurman needs to prove he still has the hunger and the self motivation to be a top 147 fighter again, but I want to see it. So I will believe in him until there is no reason to. Let's see what happens with this first fight. If he is rusty, that is fine. That is the purpose of a tune-up fight against "B" level competition, to get back in ring awareness shape, if you will. If he is sloppy and looks unmotivated, not fine. He is fighting someone good enough to expose Thurman if his heart is not in the game anymore. Spence, Crawford, or Porter would do damage to such a fighter. This is a good measuring stick.

I have imaginary money that says he looks great, but not perfect, and handles his business. Then 2019 is a little more interesting at 147, ain't it?
    That is I am hoping also. I want him in the mix again. With his heart and focus in the game, the 147 lbs are going to get more interesting. Like you said Spence, Crawford and the now improve Porter are no joke. I feel Josesito Lopez is going to be hungry in this fight.

Comment

Lets see how it unfolds. A firing Thurman is a problem for any of these WWs

Comment

Originally posted by Bardamu View Post
        Thurman's already got all his fights until 2021 planned out. Lopez and Porter. If an injury happens, it could be his next three or four years.

Also, someone should really break him the news that no one considers him the #1 ww.
        The man said he's looking forward to solidifying his position and getting back to the number 1 spot , you need to understand what your reading dude .
        Last edited by ptek; 12-05-2018, 02:32 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ptek View Post
          The man said he's looking forward to solidifying his position and getting back to the number 1 spot , you need to understand what your reading dude .

We wanna have a healthy, injury-free camp and fight, return to being an active world-class fighter again, and solidify our No. 1 position at 147.”

He said solidify his #1 spot. Not get back to being #1, but to solidify it. That means he thinks he is still #1.

Don't have a cow, dude.

Comment

Originally posted by P4Pdunny View Post
            Lets see how it unfolds. A firing Thurman is a problem for any of these WWs
            Thurman lost his fire. He won a couple big fights, was considered #1 ww and now that drive is gone. Once its gone, it is gone for good.

Thurman is a family man now. He will never be able to compete on the same level as he did before his retirement.

Comment

Originally posted by Bardamu View Post
              Thurman lost his fire. He won a couple big fights, was considered #1 ww and now that drive is gone. Once its gone, it is gone for good.

Thurman is a family man now. He will never be able to compete on the same level as he did before his retirement.
              You might be right, I hope he can return to his best as its better for the division

Comment

Working...
              X