Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Wilder-Fury: Why PPV Will Always Cost Much More In U.S. Than UK

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ray* View Post
    I said this exact same thing yesterday to another poster. The argument that if they sold one PPV at $75 (Current rate), oppose to selling 3 PPV at $25 might make sense, but you have more chance selling more PPV at the lower rates than at the higher rate. At the lower rate you have a better chance at convincing the undecided to buy it and watch it alone, rather people looking for a stream. I really do think they miss a chance here with this fight at 65 dollars standard view.
    Did they respond with the US isn't the same as UK we like to pay more than necessary?

It's rediculous because it's the same posters that are saying how much better and more money and people is in the US and in the same breath say that it's much easier in the UK to get ppv buys and say it's not down to pricing at all.

Some of the posters on here seem to argue for the sake of it, no one but their guy can do anything good.

Comment

Groups my ass. I get a few people over to mine to watch Floyd but they ain't paying they're just friends who know I buy the PPVs and show up day of the fight....they eat my food and drink my drink too...they are added cost.

I'll be watching this 75 dollar PPV alone and justify it by calling it my christmas present to myself and don't expect anyone to show up to mine and if they do I damn sure don't expect none of them to break their bread.

Comment

Originally posted by davidw9785 View Post
        I always like your enthusiasm bro! It's time for more people to get excited about an AMERICAN heavyweight that can knock people the f**k out!!
        I couldn't of said it any better! What more can you ask for? Deontay Wilders first PPV, I expect tha champ to put on a great show in Staples center in front of A-list celebrities and a jam-packed electrified arena!

I'm just wondering if and who walks the 'Bronze-Bomber' out to the ring?! LETS GO BOMBSQUAD!!! U.S.A!

Comment

PPV is dead. I'll be streaming this. In fact, I'll be streaming all of PBC's PPVs. They are interesting fights, but these fighters don't command attention like Floyd or Pac used to. The price point is way too high for fighters that casual sports fans don't know.

Comment

Cable and satellite providers are the real winners.

Comment

Originally posted by Jax teller View Post
              Did they respond with the US isn't the same as UK we like to pay more than necessary?

It's rediculous because it's the same posters that are saying how much better and more money and people is in the US and in the same breath say that it's much easier in the UK to get ppv buys and say it's not down to pricing at all.

Some of the posters on here seem to argue for the sake of it, no one but their guy can do anything good.
              Pretty much ^^^ I didn't bother replying to be honest. If people prefer to pay the higher price then thats on them. If people think paying higher gives them some sort of morale victory then great for them, I would pay that lower price every day of the week and twice on weekends. So the customer are dumb enough not to vote with their wallets then the networks would keep treating them like mugs.

Comment

Don't normally comment on these kinds of articles.

A lot of people claim to be boxing fans but don't support legitimate 50/50 fights that are good for the sport.

Yes, the ppv price is high. But these are 2 big names (at least to REAL hardcore boxing fans) that aren't afraid to take on the best competition. My mother used to say "There's more than one way to skin a cat." So if you can't afford the $75 price tag then invite over a few friends and family and have them chip in. I'll be hitting the theater with the wife to check it out. Only $25/ticket so hit your local theater and save $50 in the process if you wanna go at it solo. The main thing is to just support the fight.

If we can support trash fights like mayweather/McGregor and canelo/Khan than we can support this.

Comment

Ppv

This whole idea of PPV always bothered me, although it never stopped me from ordering them as fans we have no other choice. I think it should be broadcasted on national TV. I was vacationing in Mexico and watched major PPV’s on regular TV. Why should the UK and US be any different? It’s better for the sport we all love collectively.

Comment

Originally posted by Muscles72 View Post
                    This whole idea of PPV always bothered me, although it never stopped me from ordering them as fans we have no other choice. I think it should be broadcasted on national TV. I was vacationing in Mexico and watched major PPV’s on regular TV. Why should the UK and US be any different? It’s better for the sport we all love collectively.
                    Well they feel we have the money, and the fighters are probably from those countries too. I just think the big discrepancy in terms of what is being charge in each country is ridiculous. If Apple were selling Iphone at 3 times more than the UK or Australia prices then no one in america would be buying it.

Comment

Originally posted by 1hourRun View Post
                      I couldn't of said it any better! What more can you ask for? Deontay Wilders first PPV, I expect tha champ to put on a great show in Staples center in front of A-list celebrities and a jam-packed electrified arena!

I'm just wondering if and who walks the 'Bronze-Bomber' out to the ring?! LETS GO BOMBSQUAD!!! U.S.A!
                      Dude, you're getting me fired up!! Now I just need to decide if I'm going to order the PPV and watch at home with the wife, or save $50 and watch it in a theater by myself!!! Haha. I'm leaning towards the theater to watch the BIG MEN on the BIG SCREEN with the BIG SOUND!! LET'S GOOOOOOOO!!!!

THERE'S ONLY ONNEEE DEONTAYYY WILDERR!!

Comment

Working...
                      X