Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rewatching Cotto Mayweather

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I agree, one of Floyd's and Cotto's best fights. Way better than expected.

Should have happened in 2008, but whatever. Better late than never in this case.

Comment

Originally posted by WallabeeKing View Post
      I'm keeping it a buck, you can believe whatever makes you feel better. He put 2 of his 3 worst performances of his career with Pedro Diaz, and the muhfucca wasn't even listening to him in the Trout fight nor using his best punches. Roach revived his career.
      him not listening to pedro is somehow pedros fault? lol

he gave floyd one of his best fights in a very long time yet was training himself?

who has cotto beat since the floyd fight to 'revive' his career?

Comment

Originally posted by GriffTannen View Post
        him not listening to pedro is somehow pedros fault? lol

he gave floyd one of his best fights in a very long time yet was training himself?

who has cotto beat since the floyd fight to 'revive' his career?
        Basically was training himself, and it showed in his next fight.

You can't tell just by how he looks? It's like night and day looking at his fights under Freddie Roach. Better movement, footwork, utilizing hooks to the body. He revitalized Cotto.

Comment

Originally posted by Thraxox View Post
          One of my all time favorites. I saw PBF Floyd that night. It's odd how Floyd rocked Cotto hard but Canelo could barely dent Cotto.
          In my mind the fight was neck n neck up until round nine. After the eight after giving Floyd bloody hell and nose Cotto gassed out and floyds superior conditioning took over. Cotto was exhausted when he stunned not rocked(Cotto never gassed out against Canelo that’s why Cotto went u phased) Floyd was smart enough not to go in for the kill because he knew Cotto wasn’t hurt and is always dangerous. Excellent fight on both ends.

Cottos resent conditioning has been excellent. A better conditioned Cotto not trained by an ametuer coach would make for the most intriguing fight. Not saying Cotto would win but he is really to only one with the skill set, strength and experience to beat him. Will he? I don’t know but that’s why I crave a rematch. Any other fight is not interesting as I already know the result, Floyd wins.

Comment

Basically was training himself, and it showed in his next fight.

You can't tell just by how he looks? It's like night and day looking at his fights under Freddie Roach. Better movement, footwork, utilizing hooks to the body. He revitalized Cotto.
            lol seriously? He's fought delvin. A one legged Sergio and a extremely drained geale. He was have destroyed them with or without Freddie.

He hasn't beat one quality fighter since joining roach. Hence him fighting fuking sadam Ali and kamegai

Comment

I was in the crowd that night and really enjoyed it. It surprised me how many people around me that night had cotto winning because I thought Floyd won quite comfortably. When the big screen showed Floyd's nose was bleeding the crowd went nuts.

Comment

Originally posted by GriffTannen View Post
                lol seriously? He's fought delvin. A one legged Sergio and a extremely drained geale. He was have destroyed them with or without Freddie.

He hasn't beat one quality fighter since joining roach. Hence him fighting fuking sadam Ali and kamegai
                Sure, the guy who lost 10 rds to Trout would beat Sergio. Reaching like you Stretch Armstrong.

I'm going off actually watching the fights though, not boxrec'ing the ****.

Comment

Originally posted by Thraxox View Post
                  You could at least lay down the dick sucking for awhile. Everyone and his mother knows Cotto trained himself in that fight.
                  No he was trained be Pedro Diaz an ametuer coach. Cotto trained himself during the paquiao fight where his official trainer was his water boy.

It’s cottos fault he was too cheap to hire a real trainer in those two fights which were his biggest fights. He ultimately learned his lesson and hire Freddie. A little too late.

Comment

Sure, the guy who lost 10 rds to Trout would beat Sergio. Reaching like you Stretch Armstrong.

I'm going off actually watching the fights though, not boxrec'ing the ****.
                    Sergio had one fuking leg. He lost to trout yet gave Floyd one of his toughest fights with the same trainer. Styles make fights surely you know that.

Sergio was a dead man walking. Which he could barely even do

Comment

Cotto took a beating in that fight.

Comment

Working...
                      X