No announcement yet.

Wilder should take the ESPN deal

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Phenom View Post
    Established boxers don't really need promoters anymore they just need the networks Wilder is more known than anyone on toprank roster so I doubt Arum would do anything for him
    fury is on espn fury is more famous than wilder at this point. arum can get him the fury fight! you think that's nothing? LMAO!

Comment

Originally posted by SHOOTALLCLOWNS View Post
      how come wilder isn't more known than? he's been promoted terribly that's a fact!
      Because he's a terrible boxer bro. People dont want to see that shlt. You guys act like wilder has a surpreme talemt. He has not talent. Looks sloppy and often uncorrdianted in the ring. The Gp are dumb, but not that dumb. They don't like want they see

Comment

...If It is A Good Deal!

Absolutely he should and if Showtime and Fox want to lock him up then they should jump in and match whatever ESPN is Offering. Wilder Sparked Bidding War by reminding people he is a Network Free Agent so now SOMEBODY HAVE TO PAY UP!

Yeah I know it is fans who hate the guy, don't think he is that good, paper champ or whatever BUT for a Network Like ESPN and for a APP like DAZN, they WOULD LOVE to have Wilder on their Platform because NEITHER has landed that Marquee AMERICAN Fighter YET

Comment

Originally posted by Lopez_Boxing View Post
          Because he's a terrible boxer bro. People dont want to see that shlt. You guys act like wilder has a surpreme talemt. He has not talent. Looks sloppy and often uncorrdianted in the ring. The Gp are dumb, but not that dumb. They don't like want they see
          Thats the beauty of Wilder , he looks unsteady like he could trip over his own feet then bang and the other guy is flat on his back .

Comment

Originally posted by makaveli1875 View Post
            Thats the beauty of Wilder , he looks unsteady like he could trip over his own feet then bang and the other guy is flat on his back .
            Right for those that care to watch a full boxing match. Casuals don't want to sit through 6 Rounds of bull shlt. They will watch wikder for 3-4 Rounds and say "this guy sucks" and turn the channel

Comment

Originally posted by Phenom View Post
              He was offered deal by ESPN Toprank before even was offered to fight after Alabama game on ESPN

Fox and CBS have way bigger reach and audience than ESPN and he seems happy with PBC
              cbs has never even attempted to promote or build wilder. Leave that out. And now with fox their rival. Why would they ?

Comment

Originally posted by Curt Henning View Post
                lol

some people have very little of grasp of furys actual deal here

this move was done by arum to thwart wilders rising profile and momentum

arum hates haymon...hes tries to thwart wilders rising popularity
                Fury has a $100 million deal if Wilder it’s the same offer he absolutely should jump at it. If it wasn’t for fury Wilder would still be fighting for two and $3 million paydays.

Comment

Originally posted by killakali View Post
                  Fury has a $100 million deal if Wilder it’s the same offer he absolutely should jump at it. If it wasn’t for fury Wilder would still be fighting for two and $3 million paydays.
                  fury doesnt have any deal without wilder and AJ....those fights, and furys take of them, are estimated into that figure....without them he doesnt make that

you think top rank and espn are going to pay fury 100 mil to fight pulev, jennings, joyce, ortiz and whyte? hahaha ...nope

you guys arent understanding what this deal is or how it works.....fury doesnt have 100 mil guaranteed.....its not happening without wilder and aj....and he could get knocked out by whichever one he fights first and that will not help

Comment

Originally posted by Beercules View Post
                    He absolutely should take a deal with ESPN.

Undefeated American KO artist and nobody really knows him here. Well, boxing isn't very popular here right now and Wilder could fix it
                    Exposure on ESPN would be sweet. My friends love knockouts so if they pitted him against 3 or 4 more bums and he destroyed them, I bet his popularity would soar. The minute non-fans see actual boxing, they go in to the kitchen to pound beer or hit the bong and look bored so we can't have that until Fury-Wilder.

I fear that the build up to Fury would be awesome but I think Fury-Wilder 2 could get tactical and boring turning people off as May-Pac did.

But why not. Lotsa folks got ESPN in some form or fashion.

Comment

Originally posted by jreckoning View Post
                      Exposure on ESPN would be sweet. My friends love knockouts so if they pitted him against 3 or 4 more bums and he destroyed them, I bet his popularity would soar. The minute non-fans see actual boxing, they go in to the kitchen to pound beer or hit the bong and look bored so we can't have that until Fury-Wilder.

I fear that the build up to Fury would be awesome but I think Fury-Wilder 2 could get tactical and boring turning people off as May-Pac did.

But why not. Lotsa folks got ESPN in some form or fashion.
                      Good post.

People want knock outs, casual fans don't know if he's fighting a bum (unless they see their pizza delivery guy getting ktfo on ESPN )

But yes, everyone has ESPN. Always on in bars etc.

Wilder would be stupid to pass this up. Plus he can make appearances on First Take with Max Kellerman, Sportscenter etc.

Very good exposure.

Comment

Working...
                      X