Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Home Defense - A Gun, Guard Dog or Security Alarm?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have all but the best purchase was a camera system that records the perimeter to the cloud. I found footage of someone trying to break into my car, stealing a package on the deck, and know when not to answer at all (salesmen).

Comment

Originally posted by //// View Post
      I have all but the best purchase was a camera system that records the perimeter to the cloud. I found footage of someone trying to break into my car, stealing a package on the deck, and know when not to answer at all (salesmen).
      yup!! security cameras also caught the fvvcker who stole my dog. got it back though because of the cameras!

Comment

Originally posted by club fighter View Post
        All three but on the dog subject there is no real benefit to getting a large and possibly dangerous dog as the only real benefit to a canine is as an alarm and *NOT* a protector.

- Big or not, a dog can get taken out with baseball bat, machete, etc. Not to mention a firearm. Sometimes they can even be befriended by an intruder with doggie snacks.

For that matter a yapping little Poodle will do just as good a job of alerting you of intruders.
        I don't think I've ever seen clips of criminals just calmly dispatching a large/aggressive dog with a weapon. That would be some kind of seasoned pro who would have already moved past doing petty home robberies. Usually it's trained officers who shoot attack dogs.

In all the clips I've seen as soon as a dog comes at them the criminals panic and scatter.

Of course it depends a lot on the breed.
        Last edited by ////; 02-05-2019, 02:10 PM.

Comment

I don't think I've ever seen clips of criminals just calmly dispatching a large/aggressive dog with a weapon. That would be some kind of seasoned pro who would have already moved past doing petty home robberies. Usually it's trained officers who shoot attack dogs.

In all the clips I've seen as soon as a dog comes at them the criminals panic and scatter.

I'm not going off of vids/etc.
          I'm going off of life experience, I come from a crime ridden area and it's been done many times there.

Comment

I'm not going off of vids/etc.
            I'm going off of life experience, I come from a crime ridden area and it's been done many times there.
            Depends if its a random thief yes theyll run

But if its a professional thief who has studied ur home, ur time, ur dog
            Then yah ur dog isnt enough to protect ur home

Comment

... and if an old Russian Grandma can take out a wolf with an axe, a strong male intruder should be able to whack a pooch with a knife or machete.

Comment

Originally posted by DoubleLeftH00k View Post
                But if its a professional thief who has studied ur home, ur time, ur dog
                Then yah ur dog isnt enough to protect ur home
                Common sense there.

Comment

... and if an old Russian Grandma can take out a wolf with an axe, a strong male intruder should be able to whack a pooch with a knife or machete.

I dunno about that from a psychological standpoint. I mean country people in the US walk up and feed hot dogs to bears for fun but if the average inner city criminal saw a bear they'd crap themselves or faint. That grandma is probably just used to wolves.

I definitely think certain breeds of dog create enough shock factor to spook the vast majority of criminals.
                  Last edited by ////; 02-05-2019, 02:29 PM.

Comment

security alarm + camera + .45 pistol

if you want the neighborhood to hate you, get the dog that barks at everything.

Comment

Originally posted by .WesternChamp. View Post
                      yup!! security cameras also caught the fvvcker who stole my dog. got it back though because of the cameras!
                      Time to upgrade your dog, sir.

Comment

Working...
                      X