No announcement yet.

The REAL REASON WILDER isn't a rockstar in the USA

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The REAL REASON WILDER isn't a rockstar in the USA

I have read a number of articles trying to overthink this and figure out why. The REAL REASON is nobody give one fuk about Heavyweight Boxing in the USA anymore.

Let's not overthink it lol.

At one point in time, kids were growing up and Ali was their heavyweight champion. I grew up in the 90s and I honestly believed Stone Cold was the heavyweight champion. Kids these days see Daniel Cormier as the heavyweight champion.

Comment

Originally posted by JasonBoxing View Post
      I have read a number of articles trying to overthink this and figure out why. The REAL REASON is nobody give one fuk about Heavyweight Boxing in the USA anymore.

Let's not overthink it lol.

Exactly. The NFL and also college football just dominate the American sports scene. The the NBA, MLB, and NHL are probably all bigger than boxing, too. People only have a limited amount of time and energy they can put into following sports.

Wilder does everything a boxer would need to do to be a big star - flashy knockouts, colorful personality, etc. If an NFL linebacker was known for knocking people cold when he tackled them, then said he wants to get pregnant, that guy would be one of the biggest names in all of sports.

Comment

Ive been saying this for a while now. Its really obvious nobody follows boxing in the US anymore, just look at the numbers.

Comment

If he was fighting the Fury’s early in his career then he would be known. Look how this fight has helped his profile. Holyfield is known, Tyson is known. Bowe not so much but with the right level of opponents the American public we latch onto you. I don’t buy that NFL excuses..

Comment

Nobody would follow the `90ies Chicago Bulls if their starting five would consist of Shawn Bradley, George Muresan, ***embe Mutombo, Dennis Rodman and Ernest the janitor playing against semiprofessional Eastern European teams

Comment

Casual fans look at his windmill clips and can see straight away hes no superstar thats why.

Comment

Originally posted by Pigeons View Post
                At one point in time, kids were growing up and Ali was their heavyweight champion. I grew up in the 90s and I honestly believed Stone Cold was the heavyweight champion. Kids these days see Daniel Cormier as the heavyweight champion.
                Because DC consistently fights the top guys, one after the other. Fight top guys instead of waiting until the 38th fight to step up and people will take notice. It's an easy concept to understand

Tyson, Ali, Holyfield, Lewis, ****, every great American heavyweight was a star because they didn't wait 30 plus fights to step up

Originally posted by Ray* View Post
                If he was fighting the Fury’s early in his career then he would be known. Look how this fight has helped his profile. Holyfield is known, Tyson is known. Bowe not so much but with the right level of opponents the American public we latch onto you. I don’t buy that NFL excuses..
                Exactly. Fighting the best sells, not waiting until 30 plus fights to step up. When you're waiting until what, the 38th fight to fight an opponent with a heartbeat then that's too little, too late. Why should people give a damn?

Originally posted by DramaShow View Post
                Casual fans look at his windmill clips and can see straight away hes no superstar thats why.
                Plus the fact it's took him 30 plus fights to finally step up. There's literally ZERO excuse why Wilder can't be a unified champion minimum. The guy has been boxing around longer than Joshua and Joshua has done more in quicker time and less fights.

Ali, Tyson, Bowe, Holyfield etc none of the American titans were ***** footing around until 30 plus fights. In fact, those guys had their legacies SEALED within 30

Comment

How do you explain Mayweathers big PPV ratings if nobody cares about boxing?

Nobody cares about Wilder and he doesn't get exposure because he's poorly managed and promoted, that's just the truth. They don't look at the big picture and just work fight to fight, do a bit of promo and that's it. He hasn't got a team around him that can build a brand and he isn't interesting or clever enough to do it himself.

The audience is there, you just have to find them, not expect them to find you.

It goes both ways. You can have the nicest house in the world for sale, but if you barely advertise, not many people are going to to be interested in buying it

Comment

LOL at all these butthurt Eddie Hearn slaves on panic mode trying to **** over whats the best HW fight this year.....hahaha

Comment

Working...
                    X