Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has anyone ever held a belt hostage like Wilder?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Granath View Post
    Yeah, this topic is idiotic.

Two fights in 2018 against the top challenger at the time (Ortiz and Fury) and fighting his mandatory next. Let's not forget his attempt to fight Povetkin who got caught juicing again.

I swear the Wilder haters live in some alternate reality to make up such stupid stuff.
    What's being made up?

His may go down in history as the longest heavyweight reign without attempting a Unification.

Make excuses but it's over 4 years and counting.

Comment

Originally posted by G G G View Post
      I'm a bruvva from the UK but I got to admit our boy Joshua is ducking the fight. Im ashamed to say Im from the UK nowadays because of his cowardice. Its clear Joshua is scared and doesnt surprise me, he went life and death with a 40 something year old Klitschko.
      And yet your profile says:

Comment

Originally posted by lfc19titles View Post
        Wilder will go down as the worst champ in history,
        He has ducked the main true champ for over a year now
        I am disappointed that he’s turned down Canelo style money, including more than double his payday against Fury to fight Brezeale let alone AJ!

However given he did go in the right direction in 2018 - fighting Ortiz and Fury - I’m willing to wait and see who he takes on after he walks through Brezeale. If has to be Whyte, Fury or AJ for me - but I’ll wait and see.

Comment

Originally posted by 15 rounds again View Post
          yeah, all true.
          Also, i'm a bro from backwoods alabama and i gotta admit ducking deontay has me ashamed of his cowardly ways.
          We was chewin' tobacco and smokin' corn leaves last summer when i tells my homies, "why y'all think deontay had that belt for 4 years now and never tried to unify, but aj only been on the scene a couple years and he is taking on the best and has unified already?"
          that's when it hit us dang it! Ducking deontay gonna make us the laughing stock. Yep, sure nuff, he be hollerin' stuff 'bout "one name one face" but that boy is more scared than a coon up a tree when i sic my dogs on him. I sure hope uncle sam can spit out a braver man someday soon!!

.............lol!

Comment

Poor Eddie! He was anticipating a takeover. He thought that once he signed Wilder that the rest of the American fighters on the PBC roster would have signed with him too. That whole meeting with DAZN was a set up. Now Wilder has broken a lot of English fans hearts since returning back to Showtime

Comment

Originally posted by Boksfan View Post
              Yes, Adonis The Sleeping Beauty Stevenson, was also holding WBC hostage for years until he got released from that duty last year.
              Does the lad have a rematch clause in the contract?

Who knows he could be holding it again

Comment

I'm a bruvva from the UK but I got to admit our boy Joshua is ducking the fight. Im ashamed to say Im from the UK nowadays because of his cowardice. Its clear Joshua is scared and doesnt surprise me, he went life and death with a 40 something year old Klitschko.
                Women in the UK loves bruvvas. You've got all these women in the UK dating bruvvas and having their kids. They are leaving the white man for bruvvas. It's women in the U.K who are having kids by bruvvas like Joshua. I admire you. It's bruvvas like you who are taking our women from us.

Comment

No black man is calling himself a bruvva

Comment

Originally posted by champion4ever View Post
                    Poor Eddie! He was anticipating a takeover. He thought that once he signed Wilder that the rest of the American fighters on the PBC roster would have signed with him too. That whole meeting with DAZN was a set up. Now Wilder has broken a lot of English fans hearts since returning back to Showtime
                    Only reason Ducking Deontay was offered Dazn deal was to try and end his ducking and get him to fight.
                    Alas you're right, Ducking Deontay is a very determined ducker. He just walked away from a hundred and twenty million dollars in order to duck Jishua.
                    Aww man...hopefully Big Dom can bust him up and rescue the hostage.

Comment

Originally posted by lparm View Post
                      Does the lad have a rematch clause in the contract?

Who knows he could be holding it again
                      I would imagine he will retire once they wake him up but you never know. If there is a 10 years lasting rematch clause than Stevenson will have a shot again.

Comment

Working...
                      X