No announcement yet.

Has Dazn full conqured boxing

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by pillowfists98 View Post
    No, but they do have the best combined stable in boxing with Golden Boy+Matchroom and now GGG and maybe even Wilder. They have had a massive impact in the sport for something that has only been around in boxing for less than a year. Notice you don't hear many people saying that no top fighters will want to fight on an app anymore. The game is changing.
    Great post and valid points

Comment

They've disrupted boxing that's for sure. Traditional players have all gone PPV, here's an online subscription model. If the numbers (spend vs subscription fees) actually make sense for them, then they could take over.

Maybe we're headed for a UFC model where one organisation runs the sport. If that happens then the alphabet organisations will lose power.

I think we would all want that to happen.

Comment

They're definitely in a position to become the dominant force in the sport. It's just a question of whether it turns out to be a profitable enterprise from the point of view of the people who've dumped so much money into it.

Comment

"Conquer" what exactly? It is still so many good fighters fighting outside of DAZN so it will be IMPOSSIBLE for JUST DAZN, PBC/Fox/Showtime, Top Rank/ESPN to "CONQUER" anything when it is so many fighters from ALL OVER signed to different Promoters and Networks. It is a Marathon not a Sprint, you will see ALL of them have their Big Fights and Big Moments in the sport.

More Viewership on ESPN and FOX so they will be able to build up and showcase young fighters better. While DAZN need guys who are more "ESTABLISHED" right now to drive up Subscribers and Viewership. It is plenty of talent in the sport and enough Saturdays in a Year for ALL of them to have Big Fights for the Fans

Comment

Originally posted by pillowfists98 View Post
            No, but they do have the best combined stable in boxing with Golden Boy+Matchroom
            GBP staple is weak Matchroom really only has Jacobs and he is not really a name both of their stables combined is not as good as Toprank not even close

Comment

What is DAZN?

Comment

DAZN is good money wise for the boxers, but it has yet to catch the eye of the public.

DAZN hasn't reached the masses.

Comment

For 10 bucks a month, they are the best thing for any boxing lover like me. Fights almost every Saturday night. Can’t beat that. I can get probably 4-5 years of DAZN for the amount I’ve paid for US PPV in my life.

Comment

They're doing very well in such a short space of time.

Those who said they won't do anything of note could never have foreseb that Canelo and GGG would both be signing to it within 6 months of it's launch, along with Joshua, Usyk and more and it keeps growing...

Comment

Working...
                    X