Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Pacquiao: I Was Surprised Broner Didn't Throw Lot Of Punches

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MisanthropicNY View Post
    Pacquiao called out Loma for the fight. Is Loma a cherry pick? Who cares about the title?

Loma was top lb for lb supposedly, Pacquiao wanted the fight. Arum presented it to Loma, and Loma made up the lamest excuse I've ever heard in my life. Then, Loma proceeded to fight an 8 stone 36 year old midget.
    Loma was 3 divisions below Pacquiao. Embarrassing, he wants to fight guys 3 divisions below but not the top guys in his own division. You thought bringing that up would look good?

Comment

Originally posted by Robbie Barrett View Post
      What nonsense. Arum was begging Pacquiao to fight Crawford, Pacquiao chose Horn instead. ******s always try to blame everyone else apart from the guy that has final say for his decisions. Pacquiao cherry picked Horn, Matthysse and Broner. He will carry on cherry picking too, he has no intention of fighting the top guys. He should drop that title and let someone more deserving have it.
      Actually sorry to break it to you:

Crawford was scared and his career of fighting bums kind of proves it:

https://www.boxingscene.com/pacquiao...-fight--132937

Comment

Originally posted by Robbie Barrett View Post
        Loma was 3 divisions below Pacquiao. Embarrassing, he wants to fight guys 3 divisions below but not the top guys in his own division. You thought bringing that up would look good?
        Pac started at 106 LOL. Loma was moving up to 135 and is naturally bigger than Pac - the fight would be at 140. Pac has fought guys in 9 divisions. If you want to be great you have to move up divisions and take risks. Floyd said the same about GGG and others lol.

Hope you hold Crawford to the same criticism for fighting Gamboa and Spence for fighting Mikey Garcia etc.

Comment

Pac is 40 and broner was a perfect style match up with him. Broner has a big mouth so he sells alot more tickets relative to his true ranking. People pay to see him talk trash and lose.

Pac would be battered by someone like Porter, a swarming style and a top level but not even best welterweight.

Comment

Really? You're surprised that Adrien "If He Would Let His Hands Go Doe" Broner didn't throw a lot of punches?

Comment

Broner landed the cleaner punches Pacquiao threw more punches he was missing a lot

Comment

Originally posted by Str8 Right View Post
                Really? I always thought that the perfect opponents for pac has always been come forward fighters
                Not at this point in Manny's career! Not after what Horn did, even though I thought Manny won that fight too! If I was Kell Brook, I would jump at a chance to fight Pacquiao! Brook was willing to go to 147 for Khan, why not Pacquiao? Pacquiao vs. Brook in the UK would be huge, and it would be good "get back" at Khan for choosing Crawford!

Comment

Originally posted by MisanthropicNY View Post
                  Actually sorry to break it to you:

Crawford was scared and his career of fighting bums kind of proves it:

https://www.boxingscene.com/pacquiao...-fight--132937
                  I'm a Crawford fan, but I don't remember Crawford challenging Manny's statement. There was also a BScene article where Crawford's trainer said that Pacquiao had to come to 140, or no fight! I think everyone thinks Pacquiao swerved Crawford because Freddie kept saying (many times too) that Crawford was all wrong for him!

Let's not forget too, that Pacquiao was willing to drop to 140 for Lomachenko, and he didn't want it either! Manny really had no choice but to go to Haymon! What do you think about Pacquiao vs. Brook @ 147, with a rehydration clause?

Comment

Originally posted by MrClutch85 View Post
                    Broner landed the cleaner punches Pacquiao threw more punches he was missing a lot
                    LMFAO! He landed the cleaner punches? He landed a whopping 50 punches over the course of 12 rounds. I'll tell u what tho. Broner beat the shi* out of the air in front of him. I've never seen him miss so much in a fight. That's why he was gassed out midway through the fight. Btw dont bother replying. Your a loser and a hater. Your hate for Pac is beyond pathetic. You should go see a shrink. On a side note, lay off the salt too. It ain't good for you.

Comment

Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
                      Not at this point in Manny's career! Not after what Horn did, even though I thought Manny won that fight too! If I was Kell Brook, I would jump at a chance to fight Pacquiao! Brook was willing to go to 147 for Khan, why not Pacquiao? Pacquiao vs. Brook in the UK would be huge, and it would be good "get back" at Khan for choosing Crawford!
                      I wanted Pac vs Brook years ago but at this point it really wouldn't make sense. Big money in the UK, but if pac wins then everyone says he was just another weight drained opponent. Also hard for me to see brook making 147 again.

Comment

Working...
                      X