No announcement yet.

The Monkees release a comeback album...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by !! Anorak View Post
    Due out at the end of the month, the first two tracks on it have been dropped:

I was surprised we didn't have a pure dedicted Monkees thread before. I think these two tracks are OKAY, but they're more of an idea of what people THINK the Monkees sound like, than what they did. (The second is written by a Green Teef from XTC).

Surprisingly still good voices they sound young still, and kept their original style which is popular now a lot of these young kids trying to sound vintage, its sad though its not the same without Davey Jones

Comment

Originally posted by hectari View Post
      Surprisingly still good voices they sound young still, and kept their original style which is popular now a lot of these young kids trying to sound vintage, its sad though its not the same without Davey Jones
      He's on one track, thanks to unreleased archive stuff.

I've seen YT clips of them in concert, and I have to assume that there's a bit of auto tune on this, although not much. They are in their 70s, after all.

Comment

Originally posted by !! Anorak View Post
        This doesn't look too bad tbh, I'll definitely put my hand in my pocket and pay for the electricity to rip the torrent:

I don't think it'll be as good as the album Freedom Sings The Monkees, but it seems like it'll be okay.

What do you reckon, McLaddie? MrTambourineMan? Noel Gallagher writing a tune? What does he know about writing tunes for Beatle-inspired groups?
        Iv'e got more respect for the guy, but less as his ability as a songwriter. He's written some decent one's for sure, But I find myself going back to them less.

Comment

Anyone getting this? I heard it, pretty good IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by MrTambourineMan View Post
            Iv'e got more respect for the guy, but less as his ability as a songwriter. He's written some decent one's for sure, But I find myself going back to them less.

Comment

I see the album reached No.14 on the Fat Yankistan charts... not bad for a four-piece band where three of them are in their 70s and the other one's six feet underground.

Comment

Working...
              X