Forum Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Non Stop Boxing

Old 05-06-2019, 09:03 AM #141
Runways Only

Quoted: 4487 Post(s)
I'm Widdit! is infamous around these partsI'm Widdit! is infamous around these partsI'm Widdit! is infamous around these partsI'm Widdit! is infamous around these partsI'm Widdit! is infamous around these partsI'm Widdit! is infamous around these partsI'm Widdit! is infamous around these partsI'm Widdit! is infamous around these partsI'm Widdit! is infamous around these partsI'm Widdit! is infamous around these partsI'm Widdit! is infamous around these parts
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 261,684.35

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Big Dunn View Post
You avoided answering the question. SHO is a service you buy for things other than boxing. Boxing is a bonus you don't have to pay additionally for. Fox is free, as is CBS. FS1 and Bounce are included in your regular cable service.
How much does ''regular cable service'' cost? How much do these services cost to watch FS1? and we're not even talking about PPV, right!?

Image View Removed. Please Click Here.
I'm Widdit! is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 05-06-2019, 10:06 AM #142
Enemy of the State

Quoted: 18852 Post(s)
The Big Dunn has a reputation beyond reputeThe Big Dunn has a reputation beyond reputeThe Big Dunn has a reputation beyond reputeThe Big Dunn has a reputation beyond reputeThe Big Dunn has a reputation beyond reputeThe Big Dunn has a reputation beyond reputeThe Big Dunn has a reputation beyond reputeThe Big Dunn has a reputation beyond reputeThe Big Dunn has a reputation beyond reputeThe Big Dunn has a reputation beyond reputeThe Big Dunn has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,382.91
Total Points: 163,617.00
Have some! - Tamis_Siensya respect you as a poster, keep it up champ! - Atreyu Khalil cheers! - JAB5239 couldnt green you so heres a medal for your bravery against the tards lol - Rapid Counter No Message - Sugar Booger 
;) - QuebecSTAR2 &quot;I was hoping you misread this tweet. Sadly, you didn't.&quot; I LOL'd good one - bigjavi973 GGG-Gullibe Gennady Groupies LMAO - bigjavi973 Merry Christmas and Happy New Year - Freedom. Long overdue. For you debating. - siablo14 
So you don't have to share with your mom any more. It is small just like Floyds penis but I don't need to tell you that, you snivelling cuck. - apples I was right to put you on ignore.  I don't like prejudice people. - apples Good to see one of the OG's is still around owning these trolls! - JK1700 Another vibrator from this guy for you also - apples How dare you call me a sh!tty alt just because I insulted your hero Floyd. You are a man stop worshipping other men f@g. Here's a gift you like. - apples 
Keep fighting the good fight - JimRaynor Truce - lfc19titles Truce - lfc19titles 
AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - lfc19titles 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankie2Jabs View Post
How much does ''regular cable service'' cost? How much do these services cost to watch FS1? and we're not even talking about PPV, right!?

You and bjl12 keep avoiding answering the questions asked because you can't dance around the fact DAZN is charging customers for non PPV level fights about 95% of the year.

I accept the fact Canelo is a PPV fighter so his fights being on DAZN are much less expensive than they would've been under the old model. His fight with Fielding wasn't even worth the $9.99 but yes that is much better than $69.99. No argument there.

AJ/Povetkin, AJ/Miller (or Ruiz) and AJ/Whyte (rumored next fight) are not worth $9.99 or $19.99. Those are fights fans would be watching on SHO or HBO without having to pay extra since we already subscribe to those channels. The other fights DAZN is advertising through June 30, 2019 are not fights fans would generally pay anything extra for.

DAZN is great for fans if a PPV fighter fights on the platform because it saves money when compared to the old model. DAZN is costly for fans when they charge for fights that otherwise wouldn't be an additional charge under the old model.

Last edited by The Big Dunn; 05-06-2019 at 11:04 AM.
The Big Dunn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2019, 10:13 AM #143
Up and Comer

Quoted: 21 Post(s)
bchap05 is on a distinguished road
Bank: 1,088.49
Total Points: 6,831.30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fanofreason View Post
After Dazn got itís reviews from this weekend, itís safe to say they wonít be doing much in the US. Dazn sucks was #1 trending on twitter after the fight.

Iíve never seen such a flawed product

Can't blame your ghetto ass internet on Dazn. Mine worked flawless
bchap05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2019, 10:13 AM #144
Runways Only

I'm Widdit! is infamous around these partsI'm Widdit! is infamous around these partsI'm Widdit! is infamous around these partsI'm Widdit! is infamous around these partsI'm Widdit! is infamous around these partsI'm Widdit! is infamous around these partsI'm Widdit! is infamous around these partsI'm Widdit! is infamous around these partsI'm Widdit! is infamous around these partsI'm Widdit! is infamous around these partsI'm Widdit! is infamous around these parts

Quote:
You and bjl12 keep avoiding answering the questions asked because you can't dance around the fact DAZN is charging customers for non PPV level fights about 95% of the year.

I accept the fact Canelo is a PPV fighter so his fights being on DAZN are much less expensive than they would've been under the old model. His fight with Fielding wasn't even worth the $9.99 but yes that is much better than $69.99. No argument there.

AJ/Povetkin, AJ/Miller (or Ruiz) and AJ/Whyte (rumored next fight) are not worth $9.99 or $19.99. Those are fights fans would be watching on SHO or HBO without having to pay extra since we already subscribe to those channels. The other fights DAZN is advertising through June 30, 2019 are not fights fans would generally pay anything extra for.

DAZN is great for fans if a PPV fighter fights on the platform because it saves money when compared to the old model. DAZN is costly for fans be charged for fights that otherwise wouldn't be an additional charge under the old model.
What questions asked?
Old 05-06-2019, 10:46 AM #145
Ignore List Champion

Quoted: 21262 Post(s)
Eff Pandas has a reputation beyond reputeEff Pandas has a reputation beyond reputeEff Pandas has a reputation beyond reputeEff Pandas has a reputation beyond reputeEff Pandas has a reputation beyond reputeEff Pandas has a reputation beyond reputeEff Pandas has a reputation beyond reputeEff Pandas has a reputation beyond reputeEff Pandas has a reputation beyond reputeEff Pandas has a reputation beyond reputeEff Pandas has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 925,699.03
Total Points: 1,010,185.14
No Message - Santa_ Burger Exchange - cheeseburger good poster - jas One of the best posters on the forum! - JK1700 You Dont Have Enough Gifts - JimRaynor 
Always keep it real - Nomadic great contest! - TBear One kf - jas One of bscenes best - jas sensible, reasonable poster. 5 star - jazluvr 
One Champion. One Face. One Name. - Deontay Wilder you are one cool dude - Dean_Razorback 

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Kev- View Post
Last night helped short term but probably didn't help in the long run, they need KO's, not 12 round UD's.
The outcomes are going to have little to do with what happens with DAZN good or bad. I mean outside of some mass corruption or cheating scandal or something crazy like that.

Canelo's popularity or lack there of now & moving forward is gonna have more impact on DAZN then if Canelo KO's or decisions a guy.
Eff Pandas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2019, 10:50 AM #146
Ignore List Champion

Eff Pandas has a reputation beyond reputeEff Pandas has a reputation beyond reputeEff Pandas has a reputation beyond reputeEff Pandas has a reputation beyond reputeEff Pandas has a reputation beyond reputeEff Pandas has a reputation beyond reputeEff Pandas has a reputation beyond reputeEff Pandas has a reputation beyond reputeEff Pandas has a reputation beyond reputeEff Pandas has a reputation beyond reputeEff Pandas has a reputation beyond repute
No Message - Santa_ Burger Exchange - cheeseburger good poster - jas One of the best posters on the forum! - JK1700 You Dont Have Enough Gifts - JimRaynor 
Always keep it real - Nomadic great contest! - TBear One kf - jas One of bscenes best - jas sensible, reasonable poster. 5 star - jazluvr 
One Champion. One Face. One Name. - Deontay Wilder you are one cool dude - Dean_Razorback 

Quote:
Originally Posted by The plunger man View Post
nothing is perfect pandas but st the moment DAZN are giving us the big names and the big fights at a fraction of what PPV is so thatís a good thing...it just do happens boxing is my passion and if DAZN adds to that then great whether itís 8 years or 80 years ...enjoy the ride son
I'm always enjoying the boxing. Don't gotta worry about that.

There just happens to be a lot of down time between shows & I don't really enjoy anything like I enjoy boxing so I'm gonna be talking boxing when boxing ain't on.
Old 05-06-2019, 11:01 AM #147
Runways Only

Sherdog MMA Senior Moderator on DAZN

Old 05-06-2019, 11:14 AM #148
Ignore List Champion

Quote:

I hi the fact Canelo is a PPV fighter so his fights being on DAZN are much less expensive than they would've been under the old model. His fight with Fielding wasn't even worth the $9.99 but yes that is much better than $69.99. No argument there.

DAZN is great for fans if a PPV fighter fights on the platform because it saves money when compared to the old model. DAZN is costly for fans be charged for fights that otherwise wouldn't be an additional charge under the old model.
I think you are missing something here doe.

HBO isn't free. Showtime isn't free. Hell ESPN or FS1 aren't even free when you get down to it (although a lot cheaper). And those shows aren't PPV quality either.

So its not simply about PPV caliber fights with big names vs most of their other shows that aren't PPV quality.

I think boxing people get too stuck on the "Pay Per View" thing in the context of big fights. The reality is as a boxing fan we gotta Pay to View boxing more often than any other sports fan I gotta figure.

Sure DAZN is charging you for all the fights, but they are still competitively priced with HBO & Showtime & when you consider watching Canelo fights costs you $150ish a year previously its a f#cking bargain you can pay $20 a month or $100 a year to get 2 Canelo fights & damn near weekly boxing if you are a boxing fan vs paying $15ish a month for HBO with 15-20ish shows a year + paying that $150ish for Canelo fights + maybe another $75ish for a 3rd PPV fight every year.

And while I get HBO & Showtime have other content of value its not like DAZN doesn't offer non-boxing content to (& intend to offer more in the future, the one major concern I think thats legit is does their pricing go up again of they secure NBA rights or some sh^t like that).

If your a pure boxing fan who don't give a f#ck about GoT doe DAZN is offering you more value right now. If it enhances that value, keeps it up or no longer offers value at some future date is something that we can ponder & debate as we move forward with additions to their offerings or increases in their price.

So I often compare DAZN to HBO back in the day cuz I think its the most accurate thing to compare DAZN to that ended up being a success. HBO was trash back in the day, compared to now, but it still was offering value even if they did go off air for years at night when they first came into the game & it was a bit of a crazy concept for some boxing fans to be paying for fights that were on regular TV back in the day pre-HBO. But they ultimately changed the game of boxing (in both positive & negative ways to be fair) & became the kings of boxing content & a must have for true diehard boxing fans for decades before they ended their run.
Old 05-06-2019, 11:26 AM #149
Enemy of the State

Quoted: 18852 Post(s)
The Big Dunn has a reputation beyond reputeThe Big Dunn has a reputation beyond reputeThe Big Dunn has a reputation beyond reputeThe Big Dunn has a reputation beyond reputeThe Big Dunn has a reputation beyond reputeThe Big Dunn has a reputation beyond reputeThe Big Dunn has a reputation beyond reputeThe Big Dunn has a reputation beyond reputeThe Big Dunn has a reputation beyond reputeThe Big Dunn has a reputation beyond reputeThe Big Dunn has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,382.91
Total Points: 163,617.00
Have some! - Tamis_Siensya respect you as a poster, keep it up champ! - Atreyu Khalil cheers! - JAB5239 couldnt green you so heres a medal for your bravery against the tards lol - Rapid Counter No Message - Sugar Booger 
;) - QuebecSTAR2 &quot;I was hoping you misread this tweet. Sadly, you didn't.&quot; I LOL'd good one - bigjavi973 GGG-Gullibe Gennady Groupies LMAO - bigjavi973 Merry Christmas and Happy New Year - Freedom. Long overdue. For you debating. - siablo14 
So you don't have to share with your mom any more. It is small just like Floyds penis but I don't need to tell you that, you snivelling cuck. - apples I was right to put you on ignore.  I don't like prejudice people. - apples Good to see one of the OG's is still around owning these trolls! - JK1700 Another vibrator from this guy for you also - apples How dare you call me a sh!tty alt just because I insulted your hero Floyd. You are a man stop worshipping other men f@g. Here's a gift you like. - apples 
Keep fighting the good fight - JimRaynor Truce - lfc19titles Truce - lfc19titles 
AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - lfc19titles 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eff Pandas View Post
I think you are missing something here doe.

HBO isn't free. Showtime isn't free. Hell ESPN or FS1 aren't even free when you get down to it (although a lot cheaper). And those shows aren't PPV quality either.

So its not simply about PPV caliber fights with big names vs most of their other shows that aren't PPV quality.

I think boxing people get too stuck on the "Pay Per View" thing in the context of big fights. The reality is as a boxing fan we gotta Pay to View boxing more often than any other sports fan I gotta figure.

Sure DAZN is charging you for all the fights, but they are still competitively priced with HBO & Showtime & when you consider watching Canelo fights costs you $150ish a year previously its a f#cking bargain you can pay $20 a month or $100 a year to get 2 Canelo fights & damn near weekly boxing if you are a boxing fan vs paying $15ish a month for HBO with 15-20ish shows a year + paying that $150ish for Canelo fights + maybe another $75ish for a 3rd PPV fight every year.

And while I get HBO & Showtime have other content of value its not like DAZN doesn't offer non-boxing content to (& intend to offer more in the future, the one major concern I think thats legit is does their pricing go up again of they secure NBA rights or some sh^t like that).

If your a pure boxing fan who don't give a f#ck about GoT doe DAZN is offering you more value right now. If it enhances that value, keeps it up or no longer offers value at some future date is something that we can ponder & debate as we move forward with additions to their offerings or increases in their price.

So I often compare DAZN to HBO back in the day cuz I think its the most accurate thing to compare DAZN to that ended up being a success. HBO was trash back in the day, compared to now, but it still was offering value even if they did go off air for years at night when they first came into the game & it was a bit of a crazy concept for some boxing fans to be paying for fights that were on regular TV back in the day pre-HBO. But they ultimately changed the game of boxing (in both positive & negative ways to be fair) & became the kings of boxing content & a must have for true diehard boxing fans for decades before they ended their run.
The thing is I don't buy HBO or SHO for just boxing. I don't know anyone that does. I pay for HBO and SHO for their other programming and would do so if they didn't have boxing.

In the old model- the fights DAZN has scheduled through June 30, 2019 (other than Canelo) would be SCB, BAD, WCB, SHObox or ESPN FNF fights. I'd get them with the cost of my current cable bill.

DAZN is only replacing PPV for Canelo. No other fighter they have signed is a PPV level fighter. DAZN saves a TREMENDOUS amount when talking about the Canelo fight, but adds to the expense for every other fight they put on since those fights would be available on platforms I would already have paid for.

I'm not knocking DAZN, just pointing out that any cost benefit analysis needs to look at things from all angles.
The Big Dunn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2019, 11:54 AM #150
Ignore List Champion

Quote:
The thing is I don't buy HBO or SHO for just boxing. I don't know anyone that does. I pay for HBO and SHO for their other programming and would do so if they didn't have boxing.

In the old model- the fights DAZN has scheduled through June 30, 2019 (other than Canelo) would be SCB, BAD, WCB, SHObox or ESPN FNF fights. I'd get them with the cost of my current cable bill.
But it does come at a cost is my bottom line.

If it comes at a cost thats acceptable to you, me or someone else is always up for debate, but as I see it if you're a hardcore boxing fan DAZN is already a must have if you got the money or don't got a A+ illegal stream provider for DAZN.

Quote:
DAZN is only replacing PPV for Canelo. No other fighter they have signed is a PPV level fighter. DAZN saves a TREMENDOUS amount when talking about the Canelo fight, but adds to the expense for every other fight they put on since those fights would be available on platforms I would already have paid for.
When you previously paid $150ish for Canelo fights & now either gotta pay $40 for them or $100 for them + a ton of other fights it seems like a good to huge savings to me.

So if you are a casual its saving you $110 a year. If you are a hardcore who don't give a f#ck about HBO anymore its saving you $200 a year ($50 for regular HBO, 150/hbo-100/dazn + $150 for the Canelo fights & maybe even more for non-Canelo PPV fights). I do agree there is more cost/benefit sh^t going on if you dig other HBO content.

Quote:
I'm not knocking DAZN, just pointing out that any cost benefit analysis needs to look at things from all angles.
Nah I get you. There is clearly good & bad with this & sh^t thats great for some fans right now & makes a ton of sense + not so great & doesn't make as much sense to other fans. Thats fair & to be expected.

Thats the difficult job DAZN has with finding a acceptable middle ground to appease the critic mass of consumers from all angles who'll make them sustainable in the US & Worldwide.

Share This With Friends

Tags
dazn, exceeded, subscribers