Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Anthony Joshua Exercises Rematch Clause For Andy Ruiz Sequel

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"With Tuesday’s announcement, the newly crowned unified heavyweight titlist will get the chance to prove he can do it twice in a row—while Joshua looks to show what he can do with a full training camp against an originally scheduled opponent."

Ruiz will also have a full training camp against an originally scheduled opponent!

Comment

Originally posted by Bmore18 View Post
      Nah, wont be the highest on DAZN, but should do very good numbrs. Last fight didn't even beat Canelo-Rocky The Canelo/GGG3 trilogy will easily top this.
      No one gave Ruiz any chance whatsoever in the first fight. And what he lacked in appearance, fame and notoriety in the first fight - he gained it x10000 with the upset. He’s now a Mexican hero and a hero of obese Americans in a country where most people look like Ruiz (no pun intended). So that’s what makes the rematch very interesting.

Trust me, the rematch will blow Canelo vs GGG away if it’s done in the US. Most people didn’t watch the first one but everyone is gonna tune in for the rematch.

I don’t even think there’s any media outlet that didn’t report and it went viral 1000 times the Knock out Wilder did against Breazeale.

Comment

Same trainer? That English muffin is getting eaten by Mexican destroyer again.

Comment

Originally posted by EnglishOxide View Post

AJ by vicious knockout. He's gonna be angry and pissed off this time. Bad news for Ruiz.
          ... It doesn't matter anymore now... the fat guy mopped the floor with him...

Comment

It’s interesting.....Wilder announces his fights on his own....in terms of Joshua, Hearn announces his fights and the direction of his career. That aspect is not lost on me. I wish joshua would take control of his career and clean out his whole current team

Comment

Ruiz beat the hell out of Joshua, and will do it again.

Every fighter has their nemesis, Joshua has found his.

Comment

Originally posted by 4truth View Post
                I hope the contract is written to give Andy a big pay increase.
                Originally posted by CauliflowerEars View Post
                You think there's a chance it won't ? He's the unified HW champion of the world. I can't imagine for a second that he won't dwarf all his other paydays combined. He hit the lottery. His and his family's lives are changed forever.
                I would be shocked if the first contract included some sort of limitations on the rematch purse, that would be considered "chump change". If he makes less than 10M in the rematch, that would be a dirty shame. It could end up being over 20M.
                Originally posted by 4truth View Post
                Unfortunately, this sport has a history of athletes being screwed over. I certainly hope you're right though.
                Well, Ruiz supposedly made around 7M for the first fight, with AJ getting something like 25M-30M. We'll keep an ear out for the rematch numbers, provided it even happens in 2019.
                Tbh, the way the Wilder/Fury rematch has gone, even with this announcement I remain skeptical these days.

Comment

Originally posted by MDPopescu View Post
                  ... It doesn't matter anymore now... the fat guy mopped the floor with him...
                  Rematches don't matter now? Why?

Comment

Originally posted by Robbie Barrett View Post
                    Never ceases to amaze me how little so called fans know. Purse bid on a rematch clause.
                    Shame isn’t it? But to be honest when you think about certain fanbois then you know they have zero knowledge about the sport. They are here for only one or two boxers, that’s it..

Comment

Originally posted by BangEM View Post
                      Based on the script, it will most likely be in the US. They got the full attention of Americans and the whole of Mexico now. The rematch will break all records on DAZN if it’s held in the US and it will give Josh an opportunity to break the US market without Wilder.

I hope Ruiz signed percentage split for the rematch, not a flat fee.
                      I have always known that something was fishy in that fight.....going by your assumptions, its a great business plan for dazn and a big pay day for AJ for taking a loss.

I can bet my last money that AJ KO Ruiz brutally in rematch.

Comment

Working...
                      X