Collapse
No announcement yet.

DAZN has exceeded 4M subscribers

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who on earth wants to look into their numbers? It's a streaming subscription company. Either buy or don't.

And plenty are missing the point. They're an internet startup. They don't necessarily need to be profitable. They need to grow. Which they are doing. And continuing to invest in.

Comment

• Originally posted by The plunger man View Post
      canelo has not been paid all the money in his contract...what the hell you smoking ...it’s divided into a fight by fight purse
      Are you dense? Thats what I'm doing. It breaks down to $33M a fight or $66M a year. I'm going by year. Why so combative over speculation you weirdo?

plus the model for DAZN will only get bigger and bigger...
      I've bring this up in this very thread & brought this up numerous times. Keep up bro. There is a concern of how deep are DAZN's pockets & how long can they take a loss while not making a profit til they are fighting a losing battle.

And their biggest obstacle that still lies ahead beyond that is how do they contend with competitors. Cuz what a lot of people aren't even taking into account is this sh^t is just getting started. DAZN has the early adopter edge being in the pool first in a big way with sports, but there are people with bigger money that haven't even fully dived into the streaming pool yet. And boxing ain't gonna matter in the long haul for DAZN. DAZN needs to win NFL rights. They need to win MLB right. They need to win NBA rights. NCAA football rights. They need to win rights like that. Anyone thinking DAZN wants to just be a boxing streaming platform is f#cking ******ed. They wanna be the ESPN of streaming sports worldwide.

it has canelo , Joshua , Golovkin , Jacobs , usyk , Andrade , Haney....those first 3 names right there are the biggest stars in boxing by a mile lol
      PPV has died now and that’s why HBO pulled the plug
      Again man idk that you got a clue what DAZN is now or is trying to be. DAZN is getting into boxing cuz its the easiest sport to get into in the US with how TV rights work. If they can win rights to major sports in the US they will survive & be successful. If not they won't. And if they do win rights to the more profitable sports who knows if they even stay in boxing.

I think people are a little to optimistic about the new kid on the street cuz they done so many big things outta the gate. I'm hopeful about any ent^ty putting money into boxing, but I'm still gonna discuss the realities of the situation both good & bad. And the reality for DAZN is they are gonna be bleeding money for a decade or longer (& I'd bet the over on a decade) probably still & they are likely prepared to bleed money for a decade or longer. But that doesn't mean it'll automatically be a W for them.

This streaming sh^t is only in its beginning stages & I've said over & over the people that'll win this battle won't be the ones spending the most money it'll be the ones who'll bring innovation & customization to live sports. And so far f#cking UFC Fight Pass has won that battle with offering the ability to watch either corner between rounds & having alternative commentary for shows. Thats baby stuff for the options that'll be available at a future date & will be needed if DAZN or other players in this market will switch over major sports fans to paying for sh^t they've been getting for free or very low cost in the past. Boxing fans are used to paying to be fans. A lot of other fans aren't.

Comment

• Originally posted by bigdunny1 View Post
        Netflix been around since 1997 and launched streaming service in 2007. DAZN launched late 2016 and more then half the countries they in only launched less then 1 year ago. The real question is where was Netflix at 1-2 years in like DAZN is?
        The money they're throwing around though is way bigger than netflix was back then is the only issue I see. Now netflix can toss it like the paper it is, but with Dazn's contracts 4mil isn't going to cut it globally to cover their costs.

Comment

• I don’t know if 4 million world wide is lower or exceeds the target Dazn had told advertisers. I do know Dazn has made a deal with msg network to show all the prelims live tonight which should boost sales in the ny metropolitan area.

Comment

• Is DAZN a public company or is it private?

Is it part of some larger portfolio? Does anyone know?

Comment

• Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
              Are you dense? Thats what I'm doing. It breaks down to $33M a fight or $66M a year. I'm going by year. Why so combative over speculation you weirdo?

I've bring this up in this very thread & brought this up numerous times. Keep up bro. There is a concern of how deep are DAZN's pockets & how long can they take a loss while not making a profit til they are fighting a losing battle.

And their biggest obstacle that still lies ahead beyond that is how do they contend with competitors. Cuz what a lot of people aren't even taking into account is this sh^t is just getting started. DAZN has the early adopter edge being in the pool first in a big way with sports, but there are people with bigger money that haven't even fully dived into the streaming pool yet. And boxing ain't gonna matter in the long haul for DAZN. DAZN needs to win NFL rights. They need to win MLB right. They need to win NBA rights. NCAA football rights. They need to win rights like that. Anyone thinking DAZN wants to just be a boxing streaming platform is f#cking ******ed. They wanna be the ESPN of streaming sports worldwide.

Again man idk that you got a clue what DAZN is now or is trying to be. DAZN is getting into boxing cuz its the easiest sport to get into in the US with how TV rights work. If they can win rights to major sports in the US they will survive & be successful. If not they won't. And if they do win rights to the more profitable sports who knows if they even stay in boxing.

I think people are a little to optimistic about the new kid on the street cuz they done so many big things outta the gate. I'm hopeful about any ent^ty putting money into boxing, but I'm still gonna discuss the realities of the situation both good & bad. And the reality for DAZN is they are gonna be bleeding money for a decade or longer (& I'd bet the over on a decade) probably still & they are likely prepared to bleed money for a decade or longer. But that doesn't mean it'll automatically be a W for them.

This streaming sh^t is only in its beginning stages & I've said over & over the people that'll win this battle won't be the ones spending the most money it'll be the ones who'll bring innovation & customization to live sports. And so far f#cking UFC Fight Pass has won that battle with offering the ability to watch either corner between rounds & having alternative commentary for shows. Thats baby stuff for the options that'll be available at a future date & will be needed if DAZN or other players in this market will switch over major sports fans to paying for sh^t they've been getting for free or very low cost in the past. Boxing fans are used to paying to be fans. A lot of other fans aren't.
              i think your the ****ing dense one who thinks he knows the marketing and business plan of dazn.....who are DAZN biggest competitors ? Don't say showtime , top rank or espn you buffoon.....wilder did 300k ppv vs fury ....spence did 425k against garcia and crawford did 150k against khan.....its idiots like you who are trying to downgrade a brand new streaming module that has just litterally started in the scheme of things.
              Yeah you were breaking canelo fights down by each fight but you wasnt taking into consideration with the growth of DAZN in the next coming years.
              As i said all the major players in boxing are now on DAZN now so its only going to get bigger and bigger.
              Now fuxk off back to PBC where the lowlifes hang out
              Last edited by The plunger man; 05-04-2019, 09:48 PM.

Comment

i think your the ****ing dense one who thinks he knows the marketing and business plan of dazn.....who are DAZN biggest competitors ? Don't say showtime , top rank or espn you buffoon.....wilder did 300k ppv vs fury ....spence did 425k against garcia and crawford did 150k against khan.....its idiots like you who are trying to downgrade a brand new streaming module that has just litterally started in the scheme of things.
                Yeah you were breaking canelo fights down by each fight but you wasnt taking into consideration with the growth of DAZN in the next coming years.
                As i said all the major players in boxing are now on DAZN now so its only going to get bigger and bigger.
                Now fuxk off back to PBC where the lowlifes hang out
                LOL the fact you keep talking only about boxing tells me everything.

DAZN is a SPORTS app. Its not a boxing app. They just happen to have boxing on their SPORTS app.

DAZN's long term success has NOTHING to do with boxing. This isn't DAZN vs Showtime or PBC at all.

This is DAZN vs ESPN + a bunch of streaming apps that'll show sports that aren't even in the line of site with the public right now. This sh^t is barely even started yet. And its bigger than boxing.

Comment

• Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
                  LOL the fact you keep talking only about boxing tells me everything.

DAZN is a SPORTS app. Its not a boxing app. They just happen to have boxing on their SPORTS app.

DAZN's long term success has NOTHING to do with boxing. This isn't DAZN vs Showtime or PBC at all.

This is DAZN vs ESPN + a bunch of streaming apps that'll show sports that aren't even in the line of site with the public right now. This sh^t is barely even started yet. And its bigger than boxing.
                  So if its barely started why are you even comparing it then and speaking like its not going to stay the course ? It shouod be congratulated for giving us sports at such a reasonable price.

Comment

So if its barely started why are you even comparing it then and speaking like its not going to stay the course ? It shouod be congratulated for giving us sports at such a reasonable price.
                    Cuz its a competitive sphere & it might not stay around or it might not stay in boxing. It could be in & out in 8yrs (the alleged length of the Matchroom deal) for all we know.

And of course we are gonna talk about this. They've thrown a sh^tload of money into boxing & we talk boxing sh^t here.

I just think a lot of you guys don't know the play DAZN is making. Its not so much a boxing play as a sports play. Too many cats here seem to think DAZN is only into boxing.

I'm talking good about them when I see good & I talk bad about them when I see bad like everything else here. I'm not one of these fanboy weirdo's thats always hyping this one thing or sh^tting on this other thing all the time. I like some sh^t with x thing & I dislike some sh^t with x thing all day. Kinda like everyone should be who's not in a f#cking cult or have found the perfect thing that can't be improved.

Comment

• Originally posted by Frankie2Jabs View Post
                      That's nothing bruh.

There's a reason why the Canelo DAZN threads were locked.

Truth is, consumers like niche news, things...all the Canelo watchers in the last 5 years for example ASK, how can I watch Canelo this year...

These are just Canelo fans. These fans have a $20 May option or $100 for the whole year. Most Canelo fans know he fights TWICE on Mexican holidays. As things build up, fans and general news will remind people why DAZN has such great value.

The real reason why Showtime and ESPN are afraid of DAZN to monopolize is because of the PAYS you could get on DAZN. They know other fighters read the news.

So an ESPN+ or PBC fighter would ask, how does DAZN offer that much? It's not that DAZN has so much money, it's because its the right thing to do. Same way a blockbuster movie pays a Hollywood star so much because the producers know they'll receive the return, and its better to pay the actor a high premium so no law suits come into play.

The real question is, will CBS Sports or Disney willing to give other fundamental star purses to boxers in order for them to stay?
                      DAZN is - without question - a better way for boxing fans to watch boxing. You get so much stuff...classic fights, all of A.J., all of Ca$hnelo, Borat, Andrade, lots of UK fighters, basically all of GBP, and if you're into MMA, as well as baseball. And that's all for $9.99/month (for me) or $8.99/month if you pay $100/year.

The alternative? You pay $150 for 2 events...nothing else.

There are legions of people - on this very website - that actually defend PBC/ESPN/Showtime model. It's stunning.

Comment

Working...
                      X