Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If certain PED's were agreed upon and stipulated in a contract?..

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If certain PED's were agreed upon and stipulated in a contract?..

Would you consider the boxing match to be legit? Meaning should the match count on the boxers win/loss record? Should they be able to move up or down in the rankings? Or if it were for a title, would you recognize them as a legitimate champ? Would this effect the Hall of Fame?

I bring this up because despite what everyone thought about VADA & USADA there is always finger pointing and speculation regardless if its a positive or negative outcome. So why not just let them use certain "legal" ones?

No, I wouldn't. It would just put the B side of the event at an even greater disadvantage.

Comment

no because it would turn into who has the best pharmacist i hate the idea of people who say let em use ped screw it better fights anyway i for one say screw that i want to know who the best fighter is not who has the best doctor

Comment

That's like asking for brain damage.

Comment

Start a new boxing league where all fighters MUST be on PEDs offering fantastic paydays. Ask all fighters who are interested in joining to send in an application including notary certified statements that they are currently using or have used PEDs in the past along with a list of said drugs.

Then post all the info on the net and blow their lame asses out of the sport once and for all. :P

Comment

I'd like to see a boxing drinking league. Fighters have to take agreed upon amount of shots of some type of hard alcohol before the fight and during each round. Imagine a 12 round fight and 24 shots later...

Comment

Originally posted by ***1048;ATAS View Post
              I'd like to see a boxing drinking league. Fighters have to take agreed upon amount of shots of some type of hard alcohol before the fight and during each round. Imagine a 12 round fight and 24 shots later...

that would be the rebirth of Pavlik's career....back to the top!

Comment

At the press conferences, the fighters could spin a wheel that would randomly land on the PED they would get to use before fight. If you land in the special gold area you get to use 2. Buffer could be there and everything "that's right ladies and gents, on Saturday night Sutherland will be on chromium picolinate!!"

Comment

I wouldn't be against this. Maybe a lil early to get the public behind such a thing or the fighters truth be told, but I believe enhancements like PEDs offer will become more socially acceptable over time. Right now we got athletes getting dead guys' ACL's put in there body. Thats gotta be some kinda cheating type thing right? Or can you just randomly decide to borrow dead guys' body parts as needed & its cool?

At some point I believe you won't be able to detect PEDs in an athletes system & it seems at very least speculative guys could be staying ahead of the testing curve now. I think most people would agree there are guys staying ahead of that curve now.

And hell man we are ~20 years from people getting a robot leg like they get a tattoo or piercing now. Julio Cesar Chavez III is gonna be pro debuting with a blinged out metallic AI'd amped up leg or something crazy so there are some weirder things that could be going on in the not so distance future then guys fighting on formerly illegal PEDs.

Comment

They should be able to take whatever they can get their hands on, Not fair huh?

What about higher profile fighters getting access to better sparring partners because they can afford it or known trainers with records of success? How about fighters on fight night coming in with a weight advantage? We can name countless factors but nothing will ever be 100% equal in terms of advantage over disadvantage.

Comment

Working...
                    X