Collapse
No announcement yet.

Floyd should roll the dice and fight Sergio for the lineal Middle weight title

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Floyd is one of my favotite boxers and probably the most skilled boxer active today but he can't beat Sergio at 160. I understand you want him to "dare to be great" but if he tries and fails it will only count against him. Beating Sergio at 154 would be great but even that is pushing it. Floyd hasn't even been that great at 147 and now you want him to fight at 160? Floyd obviously has no desire in being regarded as the greatest fighter ever he is perfectly content being regarded as just a great fighter.

IMO it would be incredibly stupid for him to attempt fighting Serg at 160. And even he beats Serg at 160 hater might discredit the win by saying Serg was "OLD." So no dice.

Comment

• Originally posted by Brother Jay View Post
      I agree that we would all love to see it, but career defining?

There goes that hype again. Martinez has two wins worth mentioning. One over Pavlik AFTER Pavlik got exposed by Hopkins, and one over Williams after Williams had been exposed by Quintana.

I think it would be an exciting fight, but it would not be career defining.

First off, Floyd has fought men that size. Second, DLH's name was bigger than Sergio's. Third, the measure of how valuable a fight is to a boxer's career is NOT how much the fans want to see it.

I like both fighters but I'm not about to jump on the hyperbole train.

What's even worse is now you're purposely trying to put the fight at 160lbs as if a move to 154lbs wouldn't be enough! If you're going to ask Floyd to go to 160, why not ask Sergio to come to 147?

Yeah ... I thought so.
      career defing =winning the linear middle weight title...he will be THE middle weight champ man..thats what im getting at...

Comment

• why arnt people getting this..im saying if floyd can win the lineal middle weight title that would be career defining..a historic win...lightweight to middle weight champion is some throw back type ****..and floyd can do it..i believe in his skill set..i like Martinez and im a fan and would love to see these 2 duke it out..guess others dont believe in his skills like i do..

Comment

• Originally posted by Larryx2011 View Post
          why arnt people getting this..im saying if floyd can win the lineal middle weight title that would be career defining..a historic win...lightweight to middle weight champion is some throw back type ****..and floyd can do it..i believe in his skill set..i like Martinez and im a fan and would love to see these 2 duke it out..guess others dont believe in his skills like i do..
          I believe in his skills too but he's only a man. And remember he's not in his prime anymore and he's just too small for that weight class. He hasn't looked that dominant since moving up to welterweight so what do you think will happen if he moves up to fight the best middleweight? He has his limits and its clear as day welterweight is the highest dude can go and still be successful.

Comment

• Originally posted by jrosales13 View Post
            I'm really am confused...Does the official weight not matter? I thought what the weight is when you in the ring is what matters. Why you mentioned rubbish. Fight night weight will be very similar to the 2nd fight. Which should make this fight legit.

But, I don't care about fight night weight really. To me the official is much more important. And, in that sense makes this fight crap.
            Sorry sorry sorry lol , I reread what you said , I read it wrong and thought you were saying fight night weight did not matter , but now this post you are , Im confused lol .

Comment

• Floyd can't go to middleweight, I don't think he's that big. He could beat Sergio, and IMO probably would beat Sergio, so he should make this fight happen in some capacity.

Comment

• floyd should fight and beat sergio @ 154. watch *******s disappear when that happens, that would be much more impressive win than weight drained cotto and margarito. maybe later next year???

Comment

this is how greatness is defined doing things people say you cant do....
                  lol like floyd cares about his greatness

he only cares about keeping that 0 on his record to get some more money dumbo

u think he would suckerpunch his opponents if he cares about what people think of him?

he needed a shortcut with no bruises taken so there comes the suckerpunch BOOM!! goodbye fans see you next year when im out of money

and he takes a long arse vacation to carefully pick his opponent, you know like fight another champ whos not even worthy to be champ

so there u have it b!tch

say wat u like but its the truth

Comment

That would be a career defining fight and would be a great fight,Sergio is a damn good fighter but looks to have slowed down just a tad bit.win or lose no 1 could criticize him for this move.forget 154...make it at 160 for all the marbles
                    Heres how it will unfold. Sergio more than likely will fight the winner or Cotto vs Marg which if I'm correct will be for the WBC 154 title. If Sergio wins I think that will possible line up a show down with Floyd for the 154 belt. Sergio has said recently he will come down to 150 catch weight to get in the ring with Floyd but I dont expect Floyd to do that as it would give people a reason to discredit a victory saying that Sergio was drained.

Comment

• Originally posted by rayb112 View Post
                      Heres how it will unfold. Sergio more than likely will fight the winner or Cotto vs Marg which if I'm correct will be for the WBC 154 title. If Sergio wins I think that will possible line up a show down with Floyd for the 154 belt. Sergio has said recently he will come down to 150 catch weight to get in the ring with Floyd but I dont expect Floyd to do that as it would give people a reason to discredit a victory saying that Sergio was drained.
                      doesnt hae the same ring as "lineal middle weight champion"
                      Last edited by Larry the boss; 10-03-2011, 09:23 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X