Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Photos: Bernard Hopkins Clowns Media With 'Old Man' Disguise

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh yeah The Executioner baby! Love his attitude he knows he is going to school this kid silly over 12 I can't wait to watch it! F*** yeah!

Comment

haha, I love it. Go Hopkins!

Comment

Originally posted by DionysusX View Post
        Good God, words cannot properly articulate just how afraid I am for Hopkins in this fight. :/

It only takes one punch to go from punch drunk to vegetable.
        You called it.

Comment

i've really grown to love bernard hopkins sense of humor and his personality. he's not perfect [never lose to a whote boy comment comes to mind,] but there are many bad guys in boxing, and bernard's just not one of them.

Comment

looks like the jokes on you bernard

Comment

Originally posted by Mike_R View Post
              You called it.
              Unfortunately, I did.

I don't how great you were at the peak of your powers, the world isn't kind enough to let a 52 year old man take part in a combat sport like boxing, and not get his ass whipped in a competitive fight.

Hopkins should have gone for an exhibition, or nothing at all.

Comment

Originally posted by DionysusX View Post
                Unfortunately, I did.

I don't how great you were at the peak of your powers, the world isn't kind enough to let a 52 year old man take part in a combat sport like boxing, and not get his ass whipped in a competitive fight.

Hopkins should have gone for an exhibition, or nothing at all.

All true.

It really is a young mans game. You get a few fighters who can compete at 40 or so, but not many, never mind in their 50's.

When Tyson Fury was asked why he thinks he will beat klitschko, he simply replied "It's a young mans game" and he was right. He never even stated he was a better fighter or anything, he just simply made the point that eventually talent will lose to youth.

For Hopkins to still go 7 competitive rounds with a young decent hungry fighter at almost 52 is an achievement in itself but it's definitely something he can't do anymore.

Comment

Working...
                X