No announcement yet.

ESPN top 25 P4P last 25 years

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
    Dan Raphael has been all over Golovkin's d*ck for years now. I wouldn't be surprised if he wants Golovkin on this list.
    I'm still trying to figure out why this guy is getting put on a pedestal. I'd say Great White Hype but they never did this for Wladimir and he's a future HOF'er with way more accomplishments. I just don't get it.

Comment

Matt (Philly)

Dan, I love the Top 25 PFP list. Great idea by the ESPN staff. I'm interested to hear who makes the top few spots. Any surprises on the list?

Dan Rafael, King Fight Freak (12:25 PM)

Yes there are a few major surprises that I won't give away but let's just say I am extremely disappointed with how some of the top 5 turned out and dramatically disagree.

.................................................. .......

David Camden, NJ [via mobile]

No Sergio Martinez on the P4P list? He never quite got the respect he deserves

Dan Rafael, King Fight Freak (12:28 PM)

For what it is worth, I voted him in the lower part of the top 25 on my ballot.

Comment

Originally posted by Koba-Grozny View Post
        Everybody defines P4P their own way, that's why the whole concept is pretty much BS. For me it's who would do better h2h right now if they were the same size. The eye test if you like, though of course this should be informed by resume (with a weighting for recent activity) and dominance in winning.
        That's exactly what P4P is, who would the best boxer be if they were all the same size.

And it has to be informed somewhat by resume because there are guys who look scintillating against weak opposition but then can't pull off the same skills once they are faced with tougher foes. For example Lucien Bute.

If you wanted to be more specific you could break it down into categories and give fighters a total score: footwork, handspeed, punching power, defense, ring generalship, quality of resume.

In "ring generalship" I might include the ability to feint effectively and also having a wide variety of punches and combinations for use in different situations.

Comment

Originally posted by revs1227 View Post
          agreed ...when i said low i meant ranked low

should def be top 10
          this guy proved the haters wrong...he reminds me of a large joe louis....took early loss(es) and it made him a better fighter and went on to become one of the most dominant champions ever....I ****s with klitschko

Comment

Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
            I'm still trying to figure out why this guy is getting put on a pedestal. I'd say Great White Hype but they never did this for Wladimir and he's a future HOF'er with way more accomplishments. I just don't get it.
            If you watch HBO broadcasts, specifically in the heavyweight division, you can hear Lampley hyping up the Klitschkos, in particular Vitali. Heck, they were naming Vitali the heir apparent.

Comment

Originally posted by El Gitano View Post
              Matt (Philly)

Dan, I love the Top 25 PFP list. Great idea by the ESPN staff. I'm interested to hear who makes the top few spots. Any surprises on the list?

Dan Rafael, King Fight Freak (12:25 PM)

Yes there are a few major surprises that I won't give away but let's just say I am extremely disappointed with how some of the top 5 turned out and dramatically disagree.

.................................................. .......

David Camden, NJ [via mobile]

No Sergio Martinez on the P4P list? He never quite got the respect he deserves

Dan Rafael, King Fight Freak (12:28 PM)

For what it is worth, I voted him in the lower part of the top 25 on my ballot.
              Martinez was almost lower 25? He has achieved way more than Ward, Gonzalez, Norris..this is a clown list without Sergio.

Comment

Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
                It's just his style. They get mesmerized with guys that come forward all the time. They wish everyone in boxing had that style.

Comment

Originally posted by -PBP- View Post
                  We at NSB can derive a better list if we out aside the trolling for a couple hours.

+1

Maybe we could do one with las t 10 years...that would be good

Comment

ok they added 15-11

not sure how tyson is above lewis

Comment

Calzaghe ahead of Toney and Morales? On what ****ing planet? This list is complete ****.

Comment

Working...
                      X