Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Joshua vs Povetkin did 1.1 million PPV Buys.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kafkod View Post
    I'm not doing any weird apologist stuff!

I was replying to comments by you comparing AJ's UK PPV sales with GGG vs Canelo numbers, comparing AJ to Manny and Conor, and saying Hearn didn't seem to know how to make AJ into an international star.

I thought those comparisons and that comment about Hearn were unfair and I told you why.

I have no doubt that the potential market for AJ is far greater in the US than in the UK, and I have no problems with that.

But achieving that potential is not going to be easy, and it's up to Hearn and AJ to decide how and when they set about trying to do it.
    Those guys have selective memories or are just out right wrong as usual.

The Klitchko rematch was scheduled for Vegas before it was called off by Wlad.

A proper opponent big enough to set Joshua as a PPV in U.S hasn't surfaced yet and Wilder isn't included bc hes not a PPV and we will see what he does with Fury, Wilder has never defended his belt outside N.Y or Alabama,do these dopes know that? They worry about Joshuas money though? lol.

But its Joshua who has to travel to a lesser event hes not used to? Stupid mofos don't even realize hes not a U.S brand ,he wont be fighting over here much so its not a top priority for him at the moment in his TWO years as champion. smh
    Last edited by juggernaut666; 10-04-2018, 02:03 AM.

Comment

Kool-Aid actually flows from every faucet in England. Little known fact.

Comment

Originally posted by DoktorSleepless View Post
        The weekly reach column is what OP is citing from the the website.

Here's how "reach" is defined

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reach_...g)#cite_note-1

That's not at all equivalent to PPV buys.
        In this case it is, Sky Sports Box office is a ppv channel that doesn’t show many events

Comment

Originally posted by juggernaut666 View Post
          Those guys have selective memories or are just out right wrong as usual.

The Klitchko rematch was scheduled for Vegas before it was called off by Wlad.

A proper opponent big enough to set Joshua as a PPV in U.S hasn't surfaced yet and Wilder isn't included bc hes not a PPV and we will see what he does with Fury, Wilder has never defended his belt outside N.Y or Alabama,do these dopes know that? They worry about Joshuas money though? lol.

But its Joshua who has to travel to a lesser event hes not used to? Stupid mofos don't even realize hes not a U.S brand ,he wont be fighting over here much so its not a top priority for him at the moment in his TWO years as champion. smh
          People are also conveniently forgetting something that Frank Warren let slip in an interview a couple of weeks ago. Which is that Finkel's offer to AJ for the US fight would have meant it being screened on BT in the UK, and Sky have exculsive rights to all AJ's fights over here.

Comment

People are also conveniently forgetting something that Frank Warren let slip in an interview a couple of weeks ago. Which is that Finkel's offer to AJ for the US fight would have meant it being screened on BT in the UK, and Sky have exculsive rights to all AJ's fights over here.
            Have you got a link to that mate?

I had heard claims about this but couldnt find the interview

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Cruise View Post
              Have you got a link to that mate?

I had heard claims about this but couldnt find the interview
              I don't remember which interview it was now. I've watched a lot with Warren lately!

But I just had a look on YT and I found this video which has an excerpt of the relevant part of the interview, plus a good explanation of exactly why AJ couldn't accept the offer, and why Finkel didn't want to tell Hearn the details of it.

Comment

I don't remember which interview it was now. I've watched a lot with Warren lately!

But I just had a look on YT and I found this video which has an excerpt of the relevant part of the interview, plus a good explanation of exactly why AJ couldn't accept the offer, and why Finkel didn't want to tell Hearn the details of it.

Thanks. That’s pretty damning as far as the 50mill offer goes imo.

If you wanna make a fight you don’t go to the opposite sides biggest rival to discuss numbers and look to show the fight in their channel

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
                  True. True.
                  I don't get all that shyt. I try to say something fair about AJ and inevitably they always come back with "Wilder doe"... as if I give a fuk about Wilder or that I'm part of some fanboy war.

I've no problem if AJ wants to do his thing in the UK, I've actually defended him for that. But, I'm not going to pretend that the money isn't flowing through Vegas and US PPV.
                  yeah its sad, you congratulate his success and bring up the fact he can make more money here and you become a hater and all these different theories that have nothing to do with anything are thrown at you. I have no idea why they are so bitter about that.

Comment

Do they not keep track of how many people watched it on DAZN in the US?

Comment

Working...
                    X