Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CNN: "Armed citizen kills shooter at Oklahoma City restaurant".

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by New England View Post
    i have literally already told you that i don't watch cable news, i don't even get fox news, msnbc, etc, but you don't read a word i type.

so norway has a greater mass shooting problem than the united states? that's what you're indicating?

what you're doing is using a set of data that includes an outlier, a 77 person killing spree in a coutnry with a tiny population, to skew data. that country is so small that a popular press poll found that 1 in 4 people knew somebody killed . and it wasn't just a shooting, either, bombs were used and accounted for a good portion of the deaths and about 200-300 injuries.

so yeah, nice, honest, regurgitated set of data from pro gun sources
    All "mass shootings" are outliers ie statistically insignificant events you have a far lower likelyhood of experiencing than a fatal lightning accident. That's the point. Good. You're getting it. These are outliers.

Adjusted for population the US doesn't experience more outliers than many European countries (not just Norway).

As for not watching cable news, I simply don't believe you. Your political views are lifted straight off of Oprah/CNN/etc. Nobody spontaneously develops a phobia about nonexistent, completely made up epidemic like rising shooting rates (it's way, way, way down). A lie was slipped into some meal you're already eating.
    Last edited by ////; 05-25-2018, 04:38 PM.

Comment

Working...
    X