Collapse
No announcement yet.

F Kony and F invisible children

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I understand what you are saying but sitting back and doing nothing is just as bad. People have to start somewhere. Every organization is pretty ****ed up if you really want to be nit picky. For example, the CEO pay for the American Red Cross in 08' was $467,252 just imagine what it is now. I don't believe that killing this one person is going to change everything because the number 2 person on that list is from Uganda as well but it's a start. I really hate when anyone anywhere takes advantage of children but I understand that is just me. You have to start from somewhere and if it works out maybe they can branch out to other problems around the world or inspire people to do this for other parts of the world. No one person can do everything but everyone can do something.

EDIT: The CEO pay now is $1,032,022. For a non profit.

http://www.charitywatch.org/hottopics/Top25.html
    Last edited by chibomber; 03-09-2012, 08:38 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by chibomber View Post
      I understand what you are saying but sitting back and doing nothing is just as bad. People have to start somewhere. Every organization is pretty ****ed up if you really want to be nit picky. For example, the CEO pay for the American Red Cross in 08' was $467,252 just imagine what it is now. I don't believe that killing this one person is going to change everything because the number 2 person on that list is from Uganda as well but it's a start. I really hate when anyone anywhere takes advantage of children but I understand that is just me. You have to start from somewhere and if it works out maybe they can branch out to other problems around the world or inspire people to do this for other parts of the world. No one person can do everything but everyone can do something.

Nobody is going to "make a difference" (their words, not yours) simply by sharing the story over and over and over again on facebook. This is just another way for my ****ty generation to claim they've done something while doing absolutely nothing.

It's like the virtual version of a prayer : Do nothing tangible, then feel good about it.

Comment

Originally posted by chibomber View Post

Well, they're doing something, which is to play with your emotions. IC is a scam...Kony was sooo 2006, he is sick and starving somewhere in the jungles of Congo since 2006. So, what's up with IC's KONY 2012 campaign? That's right! To scam stupid people...

http://blog.joerenken.com/2012/03/07...-2012-exposed/

http://www.washingtonpost.com/opinio...4TQ_story.html

http://ilto.wordpress.com/2006/11/02...ible-children/

Comment

So let me get this straight, if you make a video outing some disgusting African war lords crimes, your sheep because in the end nothing will be done.....?

Holy ****, I have heard it all in this place. The reality is that you can go in every continent and see horrible things, poverty, war lords, you name it but it doesn't mean that because other's exist we shouldn't try and stop and point out one of the many out there.

You can't fix all the worlds problems, that's a definite truth but you can't fix ANY of the worlds problems if you use that logic to ignore them all.

Comment

Originally posted by Cuauhtémoc1502 View Post
            So let me get this straight, if you make a video outing some disgusting African war lords crimes, your sheep because in the end nothing will be done.....?

Holy ****, I have heard it all in this place. The reality is that you can go in every continent and see horrible things, poverty, war lords, you name it but it doesn't mean that because other's exist we shouldn't try and stop and point out one of the many out there.

You can't fix all the worlds problems, that's a definite truth but you can't fix ANY of the worlds problems if you use that logic to ignore them all.
            you don't get it do you?

they're fuking using the bad guy to get donations from naive people like you...

Kony 2012 ad campaign...fuking warlord is almost dead...

Comment

I can honestly say I give not one, single, solitary "****" about Africa. For the most part, the entire continent has been a ****-heap since it's inception, and all the money that the United States (and many other caring nations) routinely gives them goes to waste.

**** them. Africa is so 80's, anyway.

Again, another way for people to feel super awesome about themselves while doing "**** all". Meanwhile, this charity is as bogus as a "genuine" politician.

If all these f*gs really care about capturing Kony so much, they should stop posting about it with their MAC from the comfort of "Starbucks", finish their latte, and form a militia to capture him themselves. But that'd actually take some initiative - something they clearly lack.

Comment

Originally posted by PrtyBoyDlicious View Post
                you don't get it do you?

they're fuking using the bad guy to get donations from naive people like you...

Kony 2012 ad campaign...fuking warlord is almost dead...
                I understand that but the fact that they are outing him and making him aware to the world is what is more important. I know you don't understand but to run a charitable organization, it takes MONEY. You have to pay yourself, pay all kinds of expenses and what is left over use that for the cause, it's just the way **** works.

I could care less about the money, for me it's more important for people to see what is going on, become aware and kill this fuker. And yes I understand another will rise in his place but that's not the point.

Take Haiti for example, people were coming down on Sean Penn because of the percentage of money he was donating to his cause there but the fact he's there and doing something about it is more important. You could never give 100% of the profits if you need to run a business.

Comment

Originally posted by The_Bringer View Post
                  I can honestly say I give not one, single, solitary "****" about Africa. For the most part, the entire continent has been a ****-heap since it's inception, and all the money that the United States (and many other caring nations) routinely gives them goes to waste.

**** them. Africa is so 80's, anyway.

Again, another way for people to feel super awesome about themselves while doing "**** all". Meanwhile, this charity is as bogus as a "genuine" politician.

If all these f*gs really care about capturing Kony so much, they should stop posting about it with their MAC from the comfort of "Starbucks", finish their latte, and form a militia to capture him themselves. But that'd actually take some initiative - something they clearly lack.
                  So because you live in a civilized, western country you shouldn't give a flying fuk about anything unless your willing to give all that up? What kind of logic is this?

By the way, you and I did NOTHING to make this country the industrial power it is other than working and paying our taxes, so let's not pat ourselves on the back or **** on each other because we like nice things and are LUCKY enough to live in a country where we can have these opportunities.

I care about people in general because children have no choice and it's sad the way these people are living and the vicious cycle they are repeating because of lack of resources and lack of education.

I guess I'm just a sorry sap..........

Comment

I understand that but the fact that they are outing him and making him aware to the world is what is more important. I know you don't understand but to run a charitable organization, it takes MONEY. You have to pay yourself, pay all kinds of expenses and what is left over use that for the cause, it's just the way **** works.

I could care less about the money, for me it's more important for people to see what is going on, become aware and kill this fuker. And yes I understand another will rise in his place but that's not the point.

Take Haiti for example, people were coming down on Sean Penn because of the percentage of money he was donating to his cause there but the fact he's there and doing something about it is more important. You could never give 100% of the profits if you need to run a business.
                    so, it's fine with you for IC to scam people of their donations as long as they're exposing the warlord?

you want people to be aware of joseph kony but you're turning a blind eye to IC's scheme? don't you know IC supports the Ugandan army who is also guilty of using children as young as 14 years old as soldiers?

Comment

So because you live in a civilized, western country you shouldn't give a flying fuk about anything unless your willing to give all that up? What kind of logic is this?

By the way, you and I did NOTHING to make this country the industrial power it is other than working and paying our taxes, so let's not pat ourselves on the back or **** on each other because we like nice things and are LUCKY enough to live in a country where we can have these opportunities.

I care about people in general because children have no choice and it's sad the way these people are living and the vicious cycle they are repeating because of lack of resources and lack of education.

I guess I'm just a sorry sap..........
                      I never said that because a person lives in a civilized Western society that actually functions they shouldn't give a **** about countries that don't.

I said that I don't. Big difference.

People can care about or nor care about whatever they like. But this 21st century, pseudo social activism bull**** is precisely that : Bull****.

Comment

Working...
                      X