No announcement yet.

Malignaggi's reward may be title shot against Bradley

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Malignaggi's reward may be title shot against Bradley

It looks as though as Paulie Malignaggi, who has gone from faceless fighter to AOL lead page cover boy, will cash in on his controversial decision loss to Juan “Baby Bull” Diaz.

But Malignaggi might be leaving HBO, which televised his unanimous decision loss in Diaz’s hometown of Houston Saturday night, to return to rival Showtime.

Conversations have begun between the parties to have the motor mouth from Brooklyn challenge WBO 140 pound champion and undefeated boxer Tim Bradley.

Bradley, handled by Big Gary Shaw, fights on Showtime. His most recent bout, a controversial stoppage of Nate Campbell, was changed from a Bradley victory to a no contest by the California commission.

Malignaggi man Lou DiBella spoke about a possible Malignaggi-Amir Khan title bout but, with Malignaggi having a not debatable loss to Ricky Hatton, there was zero interest from Khan promoter Frank Warren.

The Khan seeks bigger game than the head of Malignaggi.

Malignaggi used to be known for his crazy hairstyles. Now he’s known for predicting he’ll get lousy judging in a fight and then reminding everyone he called it in advance.

More paydays, this and more, loom for Popgun Paulie.

All those hours Malignaggi logs on Facebook and Twitter are paying off.

I just don't think Gale Van Hoy will be given a notepad and pencil for this one.

regardless of the outcome I think pauli did a lot of good saturday for his career.

Comment

good for paulie. i think hes got a good chance of beating bradley

Comment

I think Bradley would win this fight, but Paulie is alot toughter than I originally thought

Comment

Originally posted by freeloada View Post

It looks as though as Paulie Malignaggi, who has gone from faceless fighter to AOL lead page cover boy, will cash in on his controversial decision loss to Juan “Baby Bull” Diaz.

But Malignaggi might be leaving HBO, which televised his unanimous decision loss in Diaz’s hometown of Houston Saturday night, to return to rival Showtime.

Conversations have begun between the parties to have the motor mouth from Brooklyn challenge WBO 140 pound champion and undefeated boxer Tim Bradley.

Bradley, handled by Big Gary Shaw, fights on Showtime. His most recent bout, a controversial stoppage of Nate Campbell, was changed from a Bradley victory to a no contest by the California commission.

Malignaggi man Lou DiBella spoke about a possible Malignaggi-Amir Khan title bout but, with Malignaggi having a not debatable loss to Ricky Hatton, there was zero interest from Khan promoter Frank Warren.

The Khan seeks bigger game than the head of Malignaggi.

Malignaggi used to be known for his crazy hairstyles. Now he’s known for predicting he’ll get lousy judging in a fight and then reminding everyone he called it in advance.

More paydays, this and more, loom for Popgun Paulie.

All those hours Malignaggi logs on Facebook and Twitter are paying off.

I just don't think Gale Van Hoy will be given a notepad and pencil for this one.
          I predict a lot of holding between Paulie and Tim. A real snorefest

Comment

Good fight, will test how technically sound Bradley is.

Comment

Props to Lou DiBella if he gets Paulie a fight with Bradley.

Comment

I would like to see Malignaggi vs Urango, get that title back.

Comment

These two powder puffs might as well just have a pillow fight.

Comment

Don't like paulies antics sometimes, but I respect that he speaks the truth.

Comment

Working...
                    X