Comments Thread For: Canelo, Oscar De La Hoya, DAZN Discuss New Mega-Deal

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DAZN here we come!!!

Comment

only thing about it is Canelo is now running out of quality opponents and winnable fights unless he either fights a bunch of cab drivers at these higher weights, has a bunch of rematches in those 11 fights or gets back to 154 were he really belongs imo.

11 fights at these higher weights is a lot of wear in tear on his 5'7 3/4 body, and if he does take the hard quality fights Canelo will lose if not get KOed more than once inbetween those 11 bouts he's just not big enough I think Chavez and GGG has him a little overconfident we all know GGG is very good but he's still one of the smallest guys at 160..
      Last edited by Realizniguhnit; 10-17-2018, 11:48 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by HURTFEELINGS View Post
        MAYWEATHER VS PAC 10+figures
        MAYWEATHER VS CONNOR 10+figures
        smallest amount vs Berto 36 Million +
        What is your point? Jeff Bezos made 10,000 dollars more last year alone than all the boxers, MMA fighters, gladiators, bank robbers and horse thiefs have made since the dawn of time. So what!

Comment

Originally posted by Verus View Post
          What is your point? Jeff Bezos made 10,000 dollars more last year alone than all the boxers, MMA fighters, gladiators, bank robbers and horse thiefs have made since the dawn of time. So what!
          Make that 10,000 Times more dollars...

Comment

Originally posted by Ray* View Post
            Yeah for some reason this annoucement seems to bother/burn some people, If people think John skipper (The cokehead) is the only one sorting out this boxing deal then good for them, whatever makes them sleep at night lol.
            It goes both ways you fool!
            It seems to bother you too that there's a possibility that Eddie Hearn had NOTHING to do with this Canelo-DAZN deal and it was only Oscar and the Skipper who negotiated the deal..
            The fact is nobody really knows but all you fools including you think you really know who was all involved in the negotiations...
            Me, i dont really give a flying fucc who negotiated the deal and who gets what...
            I'm just glad I get to watch more boxing for $10 a month. Can't beat that!
            I just had to comment on your post cause you're just a fool who thinks he knows all the details..
            But i guess whatever makes you sleep better... 🤣

Comment

Originally posted by Queen_Leia View Post
              Because Eddie Hearn has an EXCLUSIVE contract with DAZN to provide boxing content for their platform in addition to Hearn being DAZN programming director of Boxing for DAZN.

So in order for any Boxing content not involving Hearn to take place, they need his consent at the very least or he can sue DAZN for literally breach of contract.

He doesn't have to be involved in any of the Golden Boy shows but he at least has to be cool with it.

This doesn't happen unless Eddie says "Go ahead, I won't sue".

GB is not stupid, which is why Alvarez is fighting Fielding, a Matchroom fighter, this is all business behind the scenes.
              Why are you so fixated on the same narrative of Hern having anything to do with this? didn't you read the article? it clearly states that GBP has an exclusive INHOUSE deal to promote and do what ever the hell they want with his own promotion. the article clearly states that this was a deal between Oscar and John Skipper, No where in the article they mention Eddy Hern stop being so stubborn and reed first. Oscar was serious when he said he would go directly to DAZN without the middle man. So Oscars and GBP deal is completely and separate deal stop the hate and embraced the awesome news is good for both GBP & Matchroom. I personally wish them nothing but success.

Comment

Anyone know how many more dates Golden Boy has left on ESPN??

Comment

Originally posted by 187 Proof View Post
                  Goddamn, he's really Ca$hnelo now.

I highly doubt there's any chance he's fighting PBC fighters now though.

That pretty much narrows his options down to Demetrius Andrade, Daniel Jacobs, David Lemieux, Kell Brook, and Callum Smith for now. Maybe throw in Billy Joe Saunders and Borat.
                  Does he get all of that or does Golden Boy get a percentage. Why would a Floyd be jealous when he can get a 100-200 million guarantee for 1 fight.

Comment

Originally posted by GhostofDempsey View Post
                    The problem with these guaranteed contracts is that Canelo can now cherry-pick his opponents from here on out. WBC and the rest of the sanctioning bodies will be happy to accept their fees without enforcing mandatories whether they get it for a Charlo fight or a Fielding type fight. In ten fights he probably fights three opponents we really want to see.
                    We will be lucky to see that many as DZAN just does not have enough of the quality fighters needed to make the fights we want to see. Eventually DZAN, Showtime, or PBC will come out on top but in the interim the fans will be robbed of the fights we want to see. Personally I want to see Crawford vs Spence, Charlo VS Canelo, Charlo vs Hurd, Garcia vs Lomenchenko, and of course Wilder vs Joshua. Out of all of these the only one easily made is Charlo vs Hurd as they are both with Showtime. I personally blame Dana White for all of this as his model seems to be what the promoters are all trying to do now.

Comment

As eye popping as this deal is for GB and Canelo, the most important thing is that it changes everything about how boxing and other sports will be delivered to the masses. My guess is that this fits perfectly well with how the young folks consume entertainment. This is only a guess since I am a bit long in the tooth to really know. Gotta believe that streaming is the future and PPV and TV in general will be in the dustbin alongside the 8 track tape player and the victrola.

Comment

Working...
                      X