Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Hearn: Chisora, Not Luis Ortiz, is Frontrunner For Whyte

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It would be all good if this was the story all along, which it probably was.

The whole back and forth with Whyte and Ortiz is what ends up looking bad

Comment

Come on Eddie give old man Ortiz one last payday.

Comment

Originally posted by Noelanthony View Post
        Yeah I’m not impressed by this manoeuvre. I don’t care how good a scrap the first fight was . Beating Chisora means nothing . Chisora has been beaten at least once a year for the last 7 years.

At least go out and make a statement. Ortiz although old is still revered and ranked highly as a top 5 fighter in the World. If you beat Ortiz I don’t think anyone can begrudge you a shot at Joshua

As for Hearn how can you assume Ortiz is not serious. Have you at least enquired? You want to single handedly destroy the images of your fighters. Let Whyte silence the Americans and if he loses there is no shame in that.
        Well said sir!!

Comment

Since no doubt Whyte will chicken out, how about Breazeale or Miller to fight Ortiz?

Comment

Very predictable at this point honestly why even bother negotiating with Hearn?

Comment

Originally posted by JWHardin View Post
              Since no doubt Whyte will chicken out, how about Breazeale or Miller to fight Ortiz?
              Breazeale won't risk his mandatory spot he won't fight anyone

Miller is possible but he is fighting for the WBA paper belt

Comment

Must be a UK thing. I’ve been told, and I believe it, that Whyte/ Chisora would outsell Whyte / Ortiz but I don’t get why. I could be wrong but I’m thinking most of the rest of the boxing fan world would rather see Ortiz get the fight.

Comment

Eddie Hearn going to protect his Fighters like always and get that money, Ortiz vs Brazil or Ortiz vs Fat baby Miller

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing Hero View Post
                    Ortiz is to old. There was no point in Wilder fighting him and there is no point in Whyte fighting him.
                    In a few years ortiz will be ripe enough for AJ to pick off.

Comment

Originally posted by AdonisCreed View Post
                      Hard to respect a guy like that because if he wanted it to happen he could force Hearn to make that fight.
                      Exactly, the fighter decides what fight they want not the promoter. And whyte ran his mouth, to create this fight then pulls out. What a joke.

Comment

Working...
                      X