Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Team Khurtsidze Still Wants Saunders, Monitoring Canelo-Chavez News

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Team Khurtsidze Still Wants Saunders, Monitoring Canelo-Chavez News

Avtandil Khurtsidze had been the mandatory challenger to middleweight titleholder Billy Joe Saunders - at least until the World Boxing Organization decided to replace him and put Canelo Alvarez in that spot instead.
    [Click Here To Read More]

here's some canelo chavez news:

Comment

I can't imagine what the sparring sessions look like in that gym! "BROOKLYN ZOO!"

Comment

Khurtsidze's tough, but if BJS gets in shape and back to his old form, he beats Khurtsidze easier than N'Dam did. Khurtsidze will be 38 years old and out of the ring for year when/if he fights Saunders next.

I think BJS is supposed to meet up with his old trainer this week, after which he'll announce a new trainer (someone said Booth was in the running).

Comment

Originally posted by Eastcoast View Post
          Khurtsidze's tough, but if BJS gets in shape and back to his old form, he beats Khurtsidze easier than N'Dam did. Khurtsidze will be 38 years old and out of the ring for year when/if he fights Saunders next.

I think BJS is supposed to meet up with his old trainer this week, after which he'll announce a new trainer (someone said Booth was in the running).
          NDNJ barely beat Khurtsidze though, so... . No, I agree, an in-form Saunders should beat Avtandil, but he'd have his hands full. However even an in-form BJS tends to gas in the later rounds, whereas Khurtsidze is just a lil fuckin dynamo and he's gonna keep on throwing. If Saunders doesn't keep enough in the tank things could get a bit hairy for him late... and if he comes in looking like he did in his last outing I could see Avtandil chewing him up.

Comment

Originally posted by Koba-Grozny View Post
            NDNJ barely beat Khurtsidze though, so... . No, I agree, an in-form Saunders should beat Avtandil, but he'd have his hands full. However even an in-form BJS tends to gas in the later rounds, whereas Khurtsidze is just a lil fuckin dynamo and he's gonna keep on throwing. If Saunders doesn't keep enough in the tank things could get a bit hairy for him late... and if he comes in looking like he did in his last outing I could see Avtandil chewing him up.
            I agreee Khurt gave HNN a hard fight, but that was prime Khurt. He's 38, a year inactive, and had a recent medical issue with blood in his urine (why his Sept stay-busy fight was canceled). He missed weight earlier in the year for a fight with Giovanni Lorenzo, which then got canceled (which is why he was available as a last second sub for Soliman vs Douglass). All of which I bring up b/c I think he's the one who'll gas in the later rounds vs BJS.

BJS knows Khurt is a dangerous foe, and will be tip top physically & mentally going into the fight. Bill had little respect for Akavov going into that fight, and he paid with his performance. I'll argue that performance against Akavov will make him even better against Khurt b/c he'll take nothing for granted now. If he does go with Adam Booth, I think we'll see the absolute best version of BJS we've ever seen.

Bill's got a good jab, great movement, and good ring iq. He wont' stand and trade with Khurt like Douglas tried. Khurt's a bit overrated from that fight due to Douglas being green. I really like this fight for BJS. I think he'll look good in a clean victory and it'll earn him alot of cred and confidence.

Comment

Originally posted by Eastcoast View Post
              I agreee Khurt gave HNN a hard fight, but that was prime Khurt. He's 38, a year inactive, and had a recent medical issue with blood in his urine (why his Sept stay-busy fight was canceled). He missed weight earlier in the year for a fight with Giovanni Lorenzo, which then got canceled (which is why he was available as a last second sub for Soliman vs Douglass). All of which I bring up b/c I think he's the one who'll gas in the later rounds vs BJS.

BJS knows Khurt is a dangerous foe, and will be tip top physically & mentally going into the fight. Bill had little respect for Akavov going into that fight, and he paid with his performance. I'll argue that performance against Akavov will make him even better against Khurt b/c he'll take nothing for granted now. If he does go with Adam Booth, I think we'll see the absolute best version of BJS we've ever seen.

Bill's got a good jab, great movement, and good ring iq. He wont' stand and trade with Khurt like Douglas tried. Khurt's a bit overrated from that fight due to Douglas being green. I really like this fight for BJS. I think he'll look good in a clean victory and it'll earn him alot of cred and confidence.
              You definitely have a point about Khurtsidze's age and inactivity - could well be his stamina's going to suffer and Saunders' style should be just right to neutralise Avtandil, but I'm not quite sure where BJS is going to find the extra legs from - he's never looked good late rounds and I can't see that changing. Yeah he should win, but easily? - I don't think so. And as for overating Avtandil - well maybe, but Douglas was really pretty unproven - I tend to rate Avtandil more on the NDNJ (I really rate Hassan although it's not a popular stance) and Khomitsky (again a highly underated fighter in my book) fights... although as you say, both are well in the past now.

Anyway. Here's hoping Saunders can get off his fat ass and do some exercise. In form he's one of the top guys the division has to offer - let's just hope he can get back to his best.

Comment

BJS will fight inhouse buddy Langford, win another close boring decision and then do nothing until he can cash out and literally sells his belt to the highest bidder, Canelo or GGG.

Comment

Why didn't they speak up after Saunders-Akavov got postponed? They had 2 or 3 chances.

Comment

Working...
                  X