Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

This liberal PC bull**** can't be real. Please no.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

She made a fair point, but out of context. Anytime you can latch onto any word, hijack it, and use it for grievance purposes show that all you want to do it b1tch. "Hard working," can only apply to enslaved blacks? Paul Ryan can't be characterized as working hard because he's white? Let me guess, if he worked all day in the hot sun, was he working hard or just taking advantage of what his privilege afforded him?

African Americans have to learn to see beyond their experiences in such absolutest terms....

Comment

What an insanely idiotic and irrelevant thing to say. The interviewer obviously did not want to discuss the issue (Paul Ryan being elected the speaker) at hand and just wanted to latch on the "hard worker" term so she could just pontificate through her veiled racism. Holy ****, has anyone called this vile women out on her stupidity and race baiting?

Comment

She didn't say not to use the phrase hard worker because of slavery. She didn't say anything like that. She said be careful calling Paul Ryan a "hard worker" when half his job is calling people asking for money and 80% of the United States works 5x harder than Ryan ever has.

Comment

Cultural fascism has to end. I would consider myself a leftist on a lot of issues, but frankly I'm tired of people telling other people what they can think, and what they're supposed to say. Things like this is the reason people like Trump are becoming so popular amongst the electorate despite not having any solid policies.

Comment

I mean it did happen on MSNBC so its like it took place in the polar opposite world of Fox News so its not really THAT shocking is it???

I mean if someone doesn't say something on MSNBC or Fox News thats not a lil f#cked up at least once an hour its more newsworthy.

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
              She didn't say not to use the phrase hard worker because of slavery. She didn't say anything like that. She said be careful calling Paul Ryan a "hard worker" when half his job is calling people asking for money and 80% of the United States works 5x harder than Ryan ever has.
              Okay, but than again anyone that starts mentioning slavery & cotton picking among some casual usage of the term "hardworker" about a guy taking a new job I think we can admit is a lil f#cking nuts or agenda driven...like at least one person an hour on MSNBC & its sister station Fox News.

Comment

at least someone who saw this and commented in this thread actually listened to what was said.

Comment

Dude, she brought up slavery. Slavery had nothing to do with it whatsoever. It's still insane for someone to casually mention somebody is a "hard worker" and then have to have it explained to them that they're only a hard worker in the context of "relative privilege". Most times someone claims we should be "really careful" how we talk, or that everyday language is really somehow "problematic", especially during what should've been a normal conversation, they're the one with the problem.

Comment

I don't think that this has anything to do with being "liberal," it has to do with being "regressive."

I think liberals unfairly get painted with a broad brush these days on vast array of issues. Read any comments to any news stories and you'll see some angry posters write "our country is going down the tubes because of liberals." Gay marriage and gay rights are a liberal cause and most people in this country supported the supreme courts decision regarding gay marriage. It's hypocrisy and a demonetization of the word 'liberal.'

Comment

Originally posted by BostonGuy View Post
                      I don't think that this has anything to do with being "liberal," it has to do with being "regressive."

I think liberals unfairly get painted with a broad brush these days on vast array of issues. Read any comments to any news stories and you'll see some angry posters write "our country is going down the tubes because of liberals." Gay marriage and gay rights are a liberal cause and most people in this country supported the supreme courts decision regarding gay marriage. It's hypocrisy and a demonetization of the word 'liberal.'
                      Well I basically agree with what you're saying, but I do think that the left has been infected by these regressive types. The problem I see is that liberals in general may feel nervous about speaking out against these ideas for fear of being labeled "sexist", "****phobic", "Islamophobic" etc - regardless of the fact that they most certainly aren't those things.

I consider myself to be pretty strongly on the left, but even I've been called a "misogynist" for not going along with some of the hypersensitive nonsense tumblr types spew.
                      Last edited by samouraļ; 10-30-2015, 10:58 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X