Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should I Quit Buying Protein Shakes at My Nutrition Store?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should I Quit Buying Protein Shakes at My Nutrition Store?

and just follow what this guy is doing?

what are you trying to accomplish?

Comment

Originally posted by TheRealAshland View Post
      what are you trying to accomplish?
      just to get toned not to be buff. i have tried them energy drinks for work out but i never really liked it. i have been just working out all natural and just take protein shakes that i can buy at a local nutrition zone.

but if this shiet is much better for me then i might just do it cuz it's cheaper

Comment

Originally posted by Squirtz View Post
        just to get toned not to be buff. i have tried them energy drinks for work out but i never really liked it. i have been just working out all natural and just take protein shakes that i can buy at a local nutrition zone.

but if this shiet is much better for me then i might just do it cuz it's cheaper
        Toned vs buff is really a matter of doing fast twitch exercises that focus more on making you leaner instead of bigger. So like doing 30 reps of 20lb instead of 10 rep of 40lb.

I would just stick to a protein shake with some creatine and thats pretty much it, maybe some Flax seed oil for your fat and eating good, and dont buy protein shakes made buy the powder and make your own.

Also never ever ever ever drink an energy drink before working out, they are useless and bad for you.

Just get a huge tub of protein and some creatine and some oil to drink and just be consistent with your workouts and your eating.

Comment

Originally posted by Medved View Post
          Toned vs buff is really a matter of doing fast twitch exercises that focus more on making you leaner instead of bigger. So like doing 30 reps of 20lb instead of 10 rep of 40lb.

I would just stick to a protein shake with some creatine and thats pretty much it, maybe some Flax seed oil for your fat and eating good, and dont buy protein shakes made buy the powder and make your own.

Also never ever ever ever drink an energy drink before working out, they are useless and bad for you.

Just get a huge tub of protein and some creatine and some oil to drink and just be consistent with your workouts and your eating.
          ... riiight, because 30 reps with 20lbs sure is going to get you toned up!! maybe you and your girlfriend can share off on the 12lbs pink dumbbells that gyms keep in the corner!

alright, now lets get the facts straight: olympic power lifters compete in weight classes so they cannot afford to gain mass, exactly like a boxer. they are the most "explosive" people in the world and have successfully shown that HIGH WEIGHT LOW REPS develops fast twitch muscles and overall strength. if you are looking to get more explosive, move faster, hit harder etc. and want to use weights to help then stick to compound lifts such as the bench press, squat, deadlift, etc. and not isolation lifts. lift with enough weight so that you can only lift somewhere between 1-5 reps.

ALSO, very important, no matter how much weight you can move NOR how many reps you do, you will NOT GAIN MASS if you do not eat for it. you have to have an excess in calories consistently (weeks/months) to gain weight, and if you are going to the gym and boxing consistently then you don't have to worry about gaining the weight. your body is naturally burning more calories then you can imagine.

and about the protein shakes, keep drinking them post workout. if you want cheaper protein, buy it off bodybuilding.com, supplementwarehouse.com, or any other website dedicated to selling supplements. protein powder aids in the recovery of your muscles making you less sore, stronger, and protein promotes fat loss. do NOT USE CREATINE unless you are willing to add a couple pounds of water weight.. (thats assuming you drink enough water to allow creatine to even effect you, if not its just a waste of money)

lol @ medved for being wrong on so many points.

Comment

Originally posted by kryo View Post
            ... riiight, because 30 reps with 20lbs sure is going to get you toned up!! maybe you and your girlfriend can share off on the 12lbs pink dumbbells that gyms keep in the corner!

alright, now lets get the facts straight: olympic power lifters compete in weight classes so they cannot afford to gain mass, exactly like a boxer. they are the most "explosive" people in the world and have successfully shown that HIGH WEIGHT LOW REPS develops fast twitch muscles and overall strength. if you are looking to get more explosive, move faster, hit harder etc. and want to use weights to help then stick to compound lifts such as the bench press, squat, deadlift, etc. and not isolation lifts. lift with enough weight so that you can only lift somewhere between 1-5 reps.
            how many times do thse olympic lifters have to do their thing? what like 3 times for each lift? soo their going to get in the ring punch 9 times with all their force then be exhausted?

plus they never train for top speed only acceleration while their mass stays the same. sure they can punch at 15 miles an hour with 10 lbs in their hand but with nothing in their hand their still not punching faster then 15 mphs hll put 20 lbs in their hand and they could still probly punch at 15 mph but thats about it.

as kenetic energy or the energy of motion is k= 1/2m*v^2 the change of ones acceleration has absloutely no influence in how hard a punch is.

a boxer that mainly uses low reps high weight would be equivilent to a car with 500 ftlbs torque but 3 horse power.

plus have you seen the super heavies of olympic weight liftin? toned like a sumo wrestler.

if you want to throw combos alittle faster while sacraficing top speed, power and stamina then low reps and high weight is the way to go.

if you jsut want to get alittle tonned and dont box then the above routine is fine, and stick with the protien as low rep and heavy weights tend to tear your arm apart ruptureing blood vessles damaging nerves and scarring muscle. the extra protien will help you recover.

Comment

Working...
            X