Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why does such a small island like Puerto Rican give Mexico such hardship?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by piojo del norte View Post

Cuba produces the best amateur boxers from Latin America.

Fixed.

Comment

Originally posted by piojo del norte View Post
      I have always felt some Puerto Rican fans hold a grudge or have a complex towards the Mexican boxers/fans. This thread proves it, who would make such a thread when the answer is clear.. All I have to say is, don't feel a type of way. Both regions have great boxers and will continue for years to come.

Regardless, Cuba produces the best boxers from Latin America.
      I do not belive that the OP's intent with this thread was to establish who is better or who's style dominates, etc.

What I believe his intent was that based on territorial size, population, etc. Puerto Rico holds his own when compared (for example in this case) Mexico.

Area: PR (3515m2) is less than 1/2% (.46%) the size of MX (761,600m2)

Population: PR 3.6M vs 127.1M; again PR has 2.8% the population of Mexico.

Now, lets take this to boxing.

According to Wikipedia (I know, but it not may be the most accurate, but its the easiest):

PR: PR 69 WC vs MX 204WC; So far PR has 33.8% the number of MX World Champions.

But on PR vs MX for Championship fights PR leads Mexico by 13.7% (54 vs 44)

You can/may come up with your own theory, etc. I given you the raw data.

Comment

No-one has ever questioned Puerto Rico's ability to produce champions/world class fighters, the world is aware of Puerto Rico's size. The only reason someone would bring this question up, is for someone to reassure the OP that Puerto Rico does hold it's own. I will give him/her what he/she is looking for, like I said previously, Puerto Rico produces great champions/world class fighters it is #1 per capita. Mexico produces the better champions and Cuba produces the best all around fighters from Latin America. The truth is the truth.

Mexico holds its own against, USA/JAPAN/PHILIPPINES/PUERTO RICO. While Puerto Rico's main rival is Mexico.

Originally posted by El Verdugo View Post
        I do not belive that the OP's intent with this thread was to establish who is better or who's style dominates, etc.

What I believe his intent was that based on territorial size, population, etc. Puerto Rico holds his own when compared (for example in this case) Mexico.

Area: PR (3515m2) is less than 1/2% (.46%) the size of MX (761,600m2)

Population: PR 3.6M vs 127.1M; again PR has 2.8% the population of Mexico.

Now, lets take this to boxing.

According to Wikipedia (I know, but it not may be the most accurate, but its the easiest):

PR: PR 69 WC vs MX 204WC; So far PR has 33.8% the number of MX World Champions.

But on PR vs MX for Championship fights PR leads Mexico by 13.7% (54 vs 44)

You can/may come up with your own theory, etc. I given you the raw data.

Comment

Boricua fans don't take it personal, remember you win some and you lose some.

Comment

Originally posted by SugarKaineHook View Post
            Puerto Rico isn't a country, it's an American commonwealth. Many people think Mexican American boxers represent Mexico which is false. That's like saying every black fighter represents the African continent...oh wait..I think the US govt. still loves that belief.

Also, people don't realize that the Mexican war battles of the Alamo was Mexicans opposed to black slavery in the southern territories of the USA. This is thought is Mexican education, but the USA blankets that history and just call it a territorial dispute.

Mexicans fought against black slavery. That should put a smile on some black folk.
            indigenous Mexicans/ native americans say that their ancestors were very dark skinned/black

The southern U.S. native americans are very dark skinned black to bronze tones....my Great grandmother was half muskvoke/muscogee

Comment

Originally posted by SugarKaineHook View Post
              Dude you got problems son. Aint nobody complaining. Lol

Just telling you difference between a Puerto Rican fighter and Puerto Rican citizens vs Puerto Rican Americans.

Dorks
              No. You told me Cotto was "Puerto Rican" and Garcia was not because Garcia was not born in Puerto Rico.

I informed you that Cotto was born in Rhode Island.

Simple.

Comment

TS is a race baiter. I mean c'mon, whats some black dude really care about the number of champs Mexico or PR has produced compared to one another. Besides its kinda stupid to ask a question like this, its like how does the Dominican Republic have so many baseball players in the MLB? Easy its a sport that country takes very serious as does PR to boxing. & Mexico, while being very loyal boxing fanatics has an even larger soccer fanbase, so while a lot of kids in Mexico want to be pro boxers, I am sure more want to be soccer players giving Mexicos athlete pool smaller or just as small as PR's to grab onto. Also TS is reaching acting like PR is and has dominated Mexico.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxfan83 View Post
                  TS is a race baiter. I mean c'mon, whats some black dude really care about the number of champs Mexico or PR has produced compared to one another. Besides its kinda stupid to ask a question like this, its like how does the Dominican Republic have so many baseball players in the MLB? Easy its a sport that country takes very serious as does PR to boxing. & Mexico, while being very loyal boxing fanatics has an even larger soccer fanbase, so while a lot of kids in Mexico want to be pro boxers, I am sure more want to be soccer players giving Mexicos athlete pool smaller or just as small as PR's to grab onto. Also TS is reaching acting like PR is and has dominated Mexico.
                  Nah, you're just upset.

Comment

Originally posted by Omowale Tribe View Post
                    Nah, you're just upset.
                    I have nothing to be upset about.

Comment

Neither Puerto Rico or Mexico have much to brag about right now as far as boxers go.

Eastern Euros have taken over.

Comment

Working...
                      X